What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gene Traders Ludlow Mass Sunday Jan 14th

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Hope to see ya there Chunky 😁 my boy got booth 420 :woohoo:

https://theharvestcup.org/

New England's Premier Cannabis Competition
November 9 & 10, 2019 - DCU Center, Worcester, MA
21 and over or medical patients

Americangrower

Veteran
SI you should just ditch them 1000w hoods.
Grab yourself a few 315 cmh setups like this 1
https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-5-Mode-Adjust-High-Reflectivity-Aluminum-Upgraded/dp/B07RPKT58L/ref=dp_ob_title_garden
I would put 2 of them in a 4 x4 tent. As for a tent I tell every1 how much I love the quality of the Growneer tent I bought for drying and males when not being used as dry room. They are cheap and very well made.
https://www.amazon.com/GROWNEER-UPGRADED-Window-Hydroponic-Growing/dp/B073QMPC8M/ref=sr_1_4?crid=33CF3N5MGQIM2&keywords=growneer+grow+tent&qid=1570823418&sprefix=Growneer%2Clawngarden%2C259&sr=8-4

For like $460 you have a new tent setup as long as you have fans already. There are cheaper 315's on Amazon but the Vivosun is their newest model and I have had good luck with Vivo and Ipower bulbs since I'm a cheap fok lol.

Americangrower

Veteran
Don't get me wrong I have probably found seed strains just as good as clone only's just sad I have and likely will never get the honor of trying strawberry cough and a lot of the signature twerp strains that everyone should get to try before they die.

Not for nothing but Straw cough sucks IMO. I ditched her years ago. She does bring bulk to her crosses tho, thats the only reason I kept her for 2 years.

Well, i was planning on running 2 1000W setups eventually in a Gorilla 5' x 9' tent. I'm flowering in a 5x5 right now. The thing is i'm mainly going to be growing for yield, though i do like to grow a few plants for bud for myself (GG4 is my favorite still). I'm trying to get Hydrofarm to replace the glass frame assembly on the raptor (they usually have good customer service) and i've seen the glass frame assembly that i need for the magnum Gen 3 for pretty cheap (under $40) so if i can get two setups for that cheap i will do it, but yeah i'm not going to invest a bunch of money into them. I'm pretty pissed the guy told me that the frame assemblies were on them, only to find out they aren't.

I know some people have had decent luck with the cheap brands on amazon (vivosun, ipower, apollo, etc. there are too many to list), but i've also read a lot of bad reviews on equipment from all of those brands and when i've used fakespot to analyze the reviews, generally it lets me know that a lot of the positive reviews are fake reviews.

I don't mind buying certain products from those companies, but when it comes to lights especially, and other important equipment i think it's worth spending the extra.

Though i will say i love my new 6" quiet inline fan from terabloom, it's nice quality and been reliable so far:

https://www.amazon.com/TerraBloom-A...+inch+fan&qid=1570827952&s=lawn-garden&sr=8-1

BTW i have one question about bulbs:

Now, if i get the rest of the stuff i need to have 2 1000w setups i need to obviously buy bulbs (my MH on my 1000w needs to be replaced anyways, though i can probably squeeze another grow or two out of my EYE Hortilux HPS).

Anyways, i've read that some people are using just a MH bulb for the whole grow. I know someone said they used the 4000K Sylvania Metalarc 1000W and yielded a lot more than when they used an HPS for flowering. The Plantmax 4200K 1000W is also cheap (both are about $20-$23).

Is this a good idea? Or should i just keep using EYE Hortilux 1000W hps bulbs for flowering and use MH for veg? Or are there other options than are better than either of those choices?

Facelesdoll

Dutch passion isn't selling real straw cough. Last person who did caught steam for it and that was hazeman seeds. He caught flack and now sells a watered down cross also. A few years via
Back before I could pull the trigger he got caught selfing the clone only by the person who gave it to him and wasnt supposed to. If you follow the lineage and can read between the lines you can figure out a few things. Real strawberry cough I haven't tried and I will extend every organ of my body reaching for it. I'm a flavor saver over power and I want or need to try it.

Last edited:

OldCoolSativa

Dutch passion isn't selling real straw cough. Last person who did caught steam for it and that was hazeman seeds. He caught flack and now sells a watered down cross also. A few years via
Back before I could pull the trigger he got caught selfing the clone only by the person who gave it to him and wasnt supposed to. If you follow the lineage and can read between the lines you can figure out a few things. Real strawberry cough I haven't tried and I will extend every organ of my body reaching for it. I'm a flavor saver over power and I want or need to try it.

I grew Hazeman's Strawberry Cough a couple years ago and it was total shit. Hay at best. Yes, there were some strawberry aromas in there, but crappy plant structure, tiny, leafy buds, low potency and poor quality of effect. I have a pack of his Cocoa Puffs but will probably never grow it out due to the bad experience with SC. Any "breeder" who puts out that many strains that fast clearly never tests the quality of his plants.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is it hard for you guys to find clones of elites? like if you wanted to pay for them? still no where to buy clones legally? just curious , its all underground in my area of the North East , but there are some good clone guys with lots of stock that i know of...

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Is it hard for you guys to find clones of elites? like if you wanted to pay for them? still no where to buy clones legally? just curious , its all underground in my area of the North East , but there are some good clone guys with lots of stock that i know of...

Not if you know where to look. I've vended at many events and friends have been at others with legit elites, there are not many people looking or vending though.

Can't advertise on CL anymore anything canna, no dispensaries selling clones yet.

Michigan has several unpermitted clone shops with elites running $50-125 a pop. People line up in the middle of the night.

Mass event pricing has been $30-50 with lots of fakes if you are not careful. Also fools that want 50K for something they found in a seed pop.:biggrin:

I'm going back to Mass for the winter with a huge library so I'll be at a few events before spring. Maybe meeting up to session and such.

My beans are available at a hydro shop in the south shore under the table, pm me for details.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not if you know where to look. I've vended at many events and friends have been at others with legit elites, there are not many people looking or vending though.

Can't advertise on CL anymore anything canna, no dispensaries selling clones yet.

Michigan has several unpermitted clone shops with elites running $50-125 a pop. People line up in the middle of the night.

Mass event pricing has been $30-50 with lots of fakes if you are not careful. Also fools that want 50K for something they found in a seed pop.:biggrin:

I'm going back to Mass for the winter with a huge library so I'll be at a few events before spring. Maybe meeting up to session and such.

My beans are available at a hydro shop in the south shore under the table, pm me for details.

lol ....wish i could get them to line up in the middle of the night ...peeps don't know what they are missing:smoker:

Facelesdoll

I would be in line! Got bills on deck. Finally ready to look for cuts but seems everyone I know around me is on this new bean of the week trend or something. Feel blessed you own any leets if you do.

Last edited:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Oh it does say western mass. But that doesn't narrow it down anymore. Thanks, not sure how I glossed over that.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
It's going to be in Springfield somewhere.

I will be there with seeds and clones of Blue Dream, Hollywood Pure Kush, Mac1, Ghost Train Haze, Face off OG, Pre 98 Bubba Kush, Corey Stardawg, OGKB 2.0, Blissful Wizard 32, GG4, Dos-si-dos, ECSD, Headband, Forum GSC, Wedding Cake, MendoBreath,Super Silver Haze, Durban Poison, Sour Dubble, GMO Cookies,Chem D, Chem4, Chem sis, ect.

I'm going to gift samples of my OD flower harvest to customers.

Come and taste my herbs and leave with elite clones, flowers and the freshest Beans!
picture.php

Dos-si-dos
picture.php

Wedding Cake
picture.php

Forum GSC
picture.php

OGKB 2.0
picture.php