What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gene Traders Ludlow Mass Sunday Jan 14th

I always have fun at these, so I'll be going to this event. Vip is $130 and includes entrance and a grab bag w several genetic preservation kits (aka seedpacks), fyi. . . Don't know if it'll be a consumption event, but if not I'll be throwing smoke signals from the parking lot ==~
I'm hoping to see some new and old friends and members. I'll be bringing some seedpacks and clones for trading -may even bring some grow gear just for good measure, since it IS Genetraders, lol. I'm interested in genetics of course, but also small grow tents like 3x3, 2x4, etc. I'm hoping there are some like-minded ppl going there since they even have an area for attendees to trade genetics!
So far I have some Grandaddy Purp, Bubblegum Cookies, and Gelato rooted, but GG4's been slacking on roots although I haven't given up hope.
-PeaceNTrees

Hah that's funny because I was thinking recently that I wish people would sell or trade used growing gear there. I'll be there and will definitely grab some gelato cuts from you. I really want gg4 back in my garden so if any of those root I'll grab some of those from you too. I'm really looking for Blue Dream again as well because the cut overgrown gave me outyielded every plant in my tent by double. Would love to grow some outdoors next year.

So overall the ones in looking for most if anyone has them are blue dream, gg4, tangie, mimosa, gelato, sunset sherbet, sour dubb, any OG cuts, ogkb2.0, gscs and crosses and anything else that people who are in the know are smoking on. Would like to get some beans too so if you have a list of strains and prices shoot me a pm. I

:dance013:

Oh and been on the hunt for a cut with for awhile now too. I would like to find something with a 1:1 or 2:1 cbd to the ratio but I'm not that picky. Thanks!

My outdoor 3 are doing Good though. These pics were like from three weeks ago. Now the big left one is already covered in crystals.

picture.php

you can only see the one behind me and some of the one in the middle. They make me feel small (I'm at least 6' 1") and are as wide as they are tall. I've had issues with downpours and severe wind breaking branches though. Need to build a frame with a trellis scrog like overgrow suggested but need money and knowledge to build one soon

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
My trellis is a post in each corner, with plant tape going around the outside to make a box shape, then crossing the middle with an X. I just lean the branches on the plant tape.
61VO%2B5iD3eL._SX425_.jpg

My trellis is a post in each corner, with plant tape going around the outside to make a box shape, then crossing the middle with an X. I just lean the branches on the plant tape.
View Image

Great idea. Your and overgrown suggestions were quite similar. I just hope the 10 to 12 foot posts will be sturdy enough. Or I could make a say 6 foot frame around them to secure them and make something taller around them to shield them during the pouring rain and wind.Thanks

Im pretty broke but i need t make something because i cant get bud rot like last year. Is dynagro neem oil with dish soap enough or do i need any special fungicides or insecticides?

Thanks
:tiphat:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Knock on wood, last year I got no bud rot, so I'm not really prepared for it if it happens this year. Unfortunately that means I have nothing helpful either sorry. This year to save some cash I didn't buy 2x4's instead I sourced some really long branches from the land I'm growing on that are all tall/thick enough they should do the job nicely.

If you are worried about strength, 3/8" or 1/2" steel rebar works great and 10ft lengths are cheap. Easy to drive into the ground too.

You can get a 50ft roll of deer netting cheap too, think I paid around 25 bucks. 1 inch mesh, 4ft high.

Drive rebar into ground, wrap deer netting around it and you will have good support. If needed, run paracord/clothesline from post to post in a zig zag across the top. You can then have a place to yo-yo tie up any heavy colas if needed.

I prefer sulfur to neem for controlling mold, but I always stop using it after 3rd week of flower. PM is everywhere right now so be proactive.

If you haven't done major interior defoliation yet, do it. Airflow helps slow/stop rot.

Last edited:
If you are worried about strength, 3/8" or 1/2" steel rebar works great and 10ft lengths are cheap. Easy to drive into the ground too.

You can get a 50ft roll of deer netting cheap too, think I paid around 25 bucks. 1 inch mesh, 4ft high.

Drive rebar into ground, wrap deer netting around it and you will have good support. If needed, run paracord/clothesline from post to post in a zig zag across the top. You can then have a place to yo-yo tie up any heavy colas if needed.

I prefer sulfur to neem for controlling mold, but I always stop using it after 3rd week of flower. PM is everywhere right now so be proactive.

If you haven't done major interior defoliation yet, do it. Airflow helps slow/stop rot.

Thanks for the info. All of you guys have given me some good ideas that i will use.

I thought of defoliating but you reminded me because i forgot so thanks for that, i'm going to go defoliate some now and the rest tomorrow if i don't finish before dark.

Rebar is a good idea, but where do you buy it? I go to lowes mainly (won't give my business to those douchebags that run Home Depot), but i'm assuming they don't carry it at those places?

Cheers!

:tiphat:

If I get paid tomorrow I'll try to come out. If not, I'll try to catch harvest cup.

I've never been to the harvest cup but i just looked it up and it looks crazy. They list all the weed, concentrate, edibles, etc. and new products but i'm assuming people sell/trade beans and clones there too? I will probably go, looks like fun.

So out of my 3 Outdoor Plants, one is almost dead. They keep getting pounded by rain and wind, plus high dew points and humidity.

Anyways, the other day the wind/rain storm broke the stem and almost all of the main branches.....

I have used zip ties to hold them back together, but most are hanging on by a thread. Does anyone here have a "fix" for this. I'm seen people experiment with everything on here so i figure someone must know how to get the branches to "graft" or whatever back together and start growing again.

Thanks!

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Yeah Lowe's sells rebar, it's like 6-9$ for 10 feet depending on thickness, giggity. And I lost a plant at the start of the season to a storm splitting the stem down the middle :( I tried taping it back together but it never took. Good luck man, I'd be devastated to lose a plant at this stage.

The wind when it's bad can snap the 3-4 inch thick stem on my biggest plant like a twig. That one i was able to somehow get to grow back to get (the one in the pic).

I gotta build/make a fix very soon and pray that it works.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
If it's that bad I wouldn't expect the stem to hold itself, you might need to tape the break of the stem, then put a rebar next to the stem, and above and below the break connect to the rebar for physical support. Good luck man. :tiphat:

If it's that bad I wouldn't expect the stem to hold itself, you might need to tape the break of the stem, then put a rebar next to the stem, and above and below the break connect to the rebar for physical support. Good luck man. :tiphat:

This is right on point! Funny thing is, I've had 2 snap this season as well... A gelato outdoors had a basketball backboard fall on it and snap the stem in half! It was holding on by threads, literally, but the break was pretty clean. I used bamboo stakes in an X to hold up the whole plant, then I cut 2 8" lengths of bamboo as splints and used medical tape (just cuz it was handy) above and below the break. She never broke stride and is my frostiest girl outdoors so far this season... Whatever you do, watch the roots if you're sticking anything into their vicinity:biggrin:

My outdoor is in fabric pots and reg pots, but I threw an old wooden bureau on its back, pulled the drawers out and used the empty box for GG4 in her 15gal fabric bag. I attached a 2x3 at each corner and will extend support between them, maybe take AgentPothead's "green tape in an X" suggestion. I do plan on spraying some BT for caterpillars this coming week after I finish this crop's last round of Azamax, as I already see the butterflies around the girls. Then on to Serenade/Green Cure for Mold/Mildew Prevention...

I should be there by 11:45 or so. I'll be wearing my plymouth county growers sack/backpack thing that all the cool kids are wearing these days lol and a hat (eithe a gray patriots one or a black one with a red exclamation point).

Anyways, hope this event is as good as the other one i went to in east freetown.

BTW has anyone used General Hydroponics DefGuard, or Exile? I know Azamax is good for insects but what combo (or single) products should i use to protect against everything (especially mildew/mold/fungus/botrytis).