What's new

Gavita pro 600 x 2 / LEP 300 test grow

theherbalizor

Veteran
The 1000w dimmer unit is excellent. I will be using a single one of them on the next run with 2 leps. Higher par, better spectrum better yield.

I will be flicking the hps lights on when I flick to flower. Bout a week I should say.

I now have the plants to all edges of the tent and they seam happy with the light, nt going lanky and reaching for the light as would hppenwith a single 400w in a dr150.

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
Thats the unit im after mate the 1k dimmer along with a 600

whats the depth on the units or should i say how tall are they from the glass up

peace

prowler

Theherbalizor:

Have to say that i respect your effort! A year ago i wondered why there isn't any plasma diaries in ICMAG - and still it wonders me because you can find all sorts of fanatics from here but not a single decent plasma diary. So thank you for documenting this.

I seriously think that plasma is the future but it just isn't quite ready for growbiz yet. I really appreciate that you're doing this - and i seriously hope that you prove me wrong.

Keep it coming & keep it green! Respect +

theherbalizor

Veteran
I'll have a measure when I get to the grow. When you say glass do you mean bulb, as there is no glass on these pro el fixtures. It's the LEP that has glass.

But they are about 3 times ighter than a blockbuster shade and not as deep or tall what ever way you want to look at it.

Thanks prowler, there are a couple of completed grows but not really that searchable. The leps and pro el lamps are already proven. It's only recently that gavita have been able to get the pro el 400v into a domestic unit, else the bulbs have been around for years in the commercial greenhouse industry.

The LEP has been well proven to increase yield and quality of the plants in bloom. And more than proven for veg applications. They have indeed been proven to flower with higher quality than hps when used soley on their own. And can get a gpw.

These have only just hit our shores which is why there is a lack of grows, but I have a feeling that there will be many many more to follow.

Agent-Smith

Well from what Jair says, the Plasma won't 100% replace a 1000W, the yield will go down, but the quality will definitely go up and the Trichome content will explode. To maximize your grow, a mix of HPS and Plasma are suggested so you can get the same weight out of the grow but with increased quality and decreased electricity consumption.

S

speedemon

I'll definitely keep you guys up to date.

Speedemon: These lights will definitely be worth upgrading to. You can get the remote units but the ballasts run really cool and are more efficient as a complete fixture so unless you need the extra few inches I'd suggest buying the completes. Also, the reflectors they use are more efficient than the big reflectors since the light takes more time and area bouncing around that big reflector before leaving compared to the small ones they use. Gavita also has a program where if you give them all of the room dimensions, amount of lights, canopy height, reflective material on the walls, and access areas, they'll tell you exactly where to position your lights for maximum coverage. :D

Lol you have sold me 2 lol I will get some prices and start saving for the next grow :) By couple of inches do you know the measurements at all? Many Thanks :tiphat::ying:
Will not be getting the LEP though until more realistic prices are made lol :)

GAVITA Pro 300 Light Emitting Plasma (LEP)

Save 15%
Was: £1,199.99
Now: 1,019.99

Agent-Smith

dimensions of the 1000DE complete fixture is:
22.3" Long x 9.4" Wide x 13.4" Tall

Also, prices are:

1000DE complete MSRP $599.95
1000DE remote MSRP $645
600SE complete MSRP $399.95
600SE remote MSRP $460
300LEP complete MSRP $1,249.95

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
I sold 14 of the 1000DE's yesterday and 8 of the LEP's. These bad boys are hot!

so smith really is an agent lmfao :)

jokes aside you have your own shop i guess

thanks for the dimentions smith and herbs

yeah what i meant was bottom of reflector to the hanging brackets

peace:tiphat:

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
Haha, yeah I run a shop. Speaking of which, If anyone wants to buy them through me I'll give you a killer discount!

The height dimension above is from the bottom to the hanging bracket, these are very small and efficient units.

no disrespect or anything mate but al be buying them in the uk gotta keep our economy flowing and the tax on those will be steep i can just imagine a customs guy opening my gavitas up
i hate recessions especially with what type of industry i work in it stings the economy hard
9.4" they are slim arent they:tiphat:

Agent-Smith

Yeah, you can definitely get them cheaper there, seeing as how there made in Europe, you'd save a grip on shipping too LOL. :D

theherbalizor

Veteran
I am just finalising pricing breaks with dgs.

I'll find all interested the best prices available.

Edit.....

You'll be happy to know that there are some amazing prices on these available thru retailers in the uk for until January 2012, some real good prices if you hunt.

If you want to know any further details regarding specs etc please ask away. I will do mly best to answer what I can, if I cant I shall get the answer within 24 hours.

Last edited:

theherbalizor

Veteran
Right, weekly update time and the last update for veg.

The plants are now 30 days old and have been receiving pure plamsa power for the last 16 days.

The plants were positioned into their final placements and all leading limbs pinched out. I also raised the LEP to around 24 inches above canopy so as to achieve a full 1.5m spread. Asking a lot I know, but you know what the plants are not bolting and they are filling out side ways.

So its time to induce flower. I do not want to induce flower and slam them with an extra 1200w from the Pro ELs at the same time, so tomorrow I shall turn one Pro 600 on, up high. Then the next day the other. Then by Wednesday I shall reduce times to 12/12.

I was going to scrog but have decided against this as its somewhat deviating from the norm for me, on the larger runs, so to keep in with controls of testing new products I shall just grow as bushes.

Anyway on with the shots. Note how beautifully healthy they are and the leafs are huge and look almost fake.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

S

speedemon

Very healthy mate, how would you rate the lights so far over a grow using HPS at this stage? worth the extra £££??

theherbalizor

Veteran
Much better. The plants are growing faster, healthier for only half the wattage. Tbh, I would probably have 1200w mhal running by now. So really only a quarter of my usual electric consumption over 18 hours a day.

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
It sure looks sweet my brother!

Excellent results so far and such a clean set up.

Ojo

Latest posts

Latest posts