What's new

Wondering wether we have any plasma experiences here at IC?

prowler

Hello

Plasma lights have been on the open market for a while but there is not any grow logs with plasma lights. I've been considering about buying one but it would be nice to have some opinions from anyone who has even slightest bit of information on them...

For instance this model which i've been lurking for a while:

PSH0731B - 700w Indoor Lamp

This luminaire is ideal for use in shopping malls, large homes, factories, warehouses, aircraft hangers, indoor sporting arenas and any large indoors space with a ceiling height greater than 15 feet.

Specifications

Power Consumption: 730w
Brightness: 61000 lumens (Photopic), 81700 lumens (Mesopic) @4500°K
Brightness: 61000 lumens (Photopic), 88900 lumens (Mesopic) @6500°K
Brightness: 58000 lumens (Photopic), 86900 lumens (Mesopic) @7500°K
Available Color Temperatures: 4500°K, 6500°K, 7500°K
Color Rendering Index: ~85Ra
Available Beam Angles: 50°, 90°, 120°
Typical Life: 60000 hours typical
Power Input: 220/240v, 50/60Hz
Weatherproof Rating: IP33
Weight: 19.7 kg, 43.3 lbs, includes mounting bracket

Price: ~1,6k€
What color temperature would you prefer? Do you think that it would be rational to throw 1,6k€ just to try one of these?

Free your thoughts on the matter. Maybe we'll see a grow someday...

messn'n'gommin'

ember
Veteran
I have no personal experience with them, but I looked at them hard a couple of years ago. For the most part, the lamps supposedly have a good SPD and are said to last several tens of thousands of hours, but there were problems with the life (several hundred to a few thousand hours...I think?) of the magnetrons that required replacement often.

Even then, I don't know what kind of reflector they use, but if specular instead of diffuse, that would require modding a brand new 1600 euro piece of equipment. Otherwise one would have to raise the light fairly high off the canopy to keep from frying the plants.

If they fix the longevity problems, use a diffuse reflector, and reduce the price at least by half ($1000 or less), I would take another look.

Aside from that, would love to see somebody use one for a grow from start to finish.

Latest posts

Latest posts