What's new

Gavita-Pro 1000w 400v (new generation hps)

W

willyweed

you do a scrog or just let the plants grow??

I guess nobody wants to help a brother out with some measurements 8(

So I've read that the Gavita reflectors are designed to overlap light when hanging more than one light side by side. My question is, witch way do you face the lights?

if you read back through this post the information is there and there are photo's with the lamps in .its all there for ya .i have done it myself ask questions without reading the post the information is all there!

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Fuck. I glanced over this whole thread a while back. Could ofsworn I didn't see anything about hanging point dimensions. Guess I'm going to have to open my eyes up and have a good read threw this afternoon!!!!

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Just read the WHOLE fucking thread again, and there is NOTHING about the dimensions for the hanging point of the fixtures!!! Thanks for wasting over an hour of my time buddy:bashhead:

W

willyweed

Just read the WHOLE fucking thread again, and there is NOTHING about the dimensions for the hanging point of the fixtures!!! Thanks for wasting over an hour of my time buddy:bashhead:

checkout post 249 from wazzup its all there :tiphat:

LEDNewbie

Veteran
That post still doesn't tell me witch way to face the light fixture as the light spread is not square, light spread is like 5x3.5..... Also that post doesn't tell me about the actual mounting points on the light? I'm looking for a measurement on the distance between the two mounting points and measurement from the centre of the bulb to the front mounting point so I can put blocking in my ceiling before I insulate. I won't have my lights for another week or so and would like to get this all done before then!!:tiphat:

LEDNewbie

Veteran
One other thing, as I might in the future convert over to a tree grow and you can't run the 1000 Gavita without the reflector, can the whole unit be put vertically and used as the light in the corner of the room?? Or does the ballast/light fixture assembly have to stay horizontal?

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
i keep reading it cant be air cooled but they offer aremote ballest air cooled reflector?have you not seen this yet on there site or on youtube?any input?i would want an air cooled unit ,i cant see where you could cool off the bulb ,only remove unwanted heat,thanks

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats because cooling the environment is what they suggest. Its more efficient then cooling the lights...changing the temp of the bulb changes the light spectrum from what they say..I dont cool my lights I COOL the environment.

farmari

One other thing, as I might in the future convert over to a tree grow and you can't run the 1000 Gavita without the reflector, can the whole unit be put vertically and used as the light in the corner of the room?? Or does the ballast/light fixture assembly have to stay horizontal?

The bulb is for horizontal only. You can check the bulb specs on Philips website. It's uniquely a gas filled lamp, and I guess that's the reason for the horizontal requirement and why air cooling affects its output (as this isn't the case for non gas filled HPS lamps)
I'd like to try a vertical bulb for my Gavita 400v ballast but none seem to be available yet.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Since it seems like I won't get the answers to any of my other questions!!!

Could someone please tell me what kind of plug comes on the end of the light? Dryer plug? Nothing? Going to try and go a material run soon and would like to get everything I need. Thanks...

Gardens Keeper

having them in 2 lines is good for the overlap, you are only going to waste light in your path in the middle, and there is where you have the best light because of the overlap. The fan in completely in the way on the left btw, and the distance from center light to light is probably a bit long. I recommend a path at the outside, not at the inside, as at the walls you will lose light.

It would be a lot easier to do this from measurements instead of pictures. No room is the same, there are some basic guidelines (which are not suitable for all rooms):

- keep the fixtures in the rows 3-3.5' apart (from center lamp)
- Distance between the rows 5-7' (depending on height of the fixture for overlap)
- Distance from the wall 2,-3' (less than half the distance between the rows and the fixtures)

Example (lamps 7' high, intensity in umol m-2 s-1 at 4,5' height)

That is all you need to know for spacing right there in his post...

I

Incase

I just received my Gavita Proline 1000w 400v DE but the US version and I live in Europe.

Can i just cut the 120v 6-15 plug

US%20Nema%206%2015%20R%20Plug.jpg

and replace it with a classic european 240v plug ?
ArtPRISBig.jpg

Will everything work fine when I'll plug it to the 220v-240v electrical standard of my country ?

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just received my Gavita Proline 1000w 400v DE but the US version and I live in Europe.

Can i just cut the 120v 6-15 plug

View Image

and replace it with a classic european 240v plug ?
View Image

Will everything work fine when I'll plug it to the 220v-240v electrical standard of my country ?

It depends on what the input ballast voltage is supposed to be. Some ballasts are "universal voltage" meaning that they will take a wide range of voltages and the only difference is the cordset. Some have a voltage selection switch hidden away somewhere, others are for specific voltages and will be destroyed if they are powered with the wrong voltage. Check with your supplier or read the specifications on the nameplate very carefully.

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Where did u get the us version with 120 plugs? Just wondering if they are readily available to the us market and what the diff in performance is if any between the 220/120? Thanks

C

CulturedHeathen

as far as I can tell, the US version comes ONLY in 220. You should not attempt to change input voltage as they are already significantly stepped-down from the 400v input voltage standard to the ballast (I think... whazzup?)

LEDnewbie... there are nice dimples on the lamp that make centering a breeze... I believe there is about a 4" offset from the ballast side hanger to the lamp side hanger to center the lamp perfectly, but don't take my word as gospel. I set these up a while back and puff too much to remember such detail vividly.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
That is all you need to know for spacing right there in his post...

That's not even the question I'm asking!!!! I need to place blocks in the ceiling. The two hooks that are on the gavita. How far apart are they???? Also the centre of the light bulb. What is that measurement from the front hook?? Also that quote doesn't mention witch way the light fixtures need to face each other for proper light distribution??