What's new

Gavita-Pro 1000w 400v (new generation hps)

Liza

This is the light fixture I want (the 1000w 400v version). Looks a hell of a lot better, cleaner and safer than my wiry old magnetic ballast with bent out of shape reflector. Next time I get a pay raise, this is what I'll order first.

N

noyd666

:biggrin: hi, i noticed gavita 600 enhanced hps 440 high pressure sodium lamps . made to suit digital ,but can be used in mag 65 aus dollars anybody used them.:thank you:

C

CulturedHeathen

Whazzup... With the "on delay timer" I was refering to circuitry designed to allow the lamp to cool completely before re-strike in the event of power outage. The literature accompanying the fixture says nothing about this. My old Lumatek would not re-strike until ten minutes after being powered down... Loving these fixtures btw!

whazzup

Veteran
@ CulturedHeathen: The ballast will sense if the lamp is still too hot and will try to re-strike every minute. So instead of a timer it is handled by a sensing circuit. It will retry to restrike.

@tela: can you share with us the difference you experienced? What did you replace?

Tela

My lights were
Xxx
Xxx
Xxx

Changed to
Xox
Ooo
Xox

X galaxies w hortilux
O gavitas

I will say I increased my plant count to 25 from 20 and added a couple additives too. But I got 2.7 per!!! New bulbs in the gavitas, 3rd run hortiluxes in the galaxies. Biobizz base nutes. The Dutch have it down! Props!

LEDNewbie

Veteran
My lights were
Xxx
Xxx
Xxx

Changed to
Xox
Ooo
Xox

X galaxies w hortilux
O gavitas

I will say I increased my plant count to 25 from 20 and added a couple additives too. But I got 2.7 per!!! New bulbs in the gavitas, 3rd run hortiluxes in the galaxies. Biobizz base nutes. The Dutch have it down! Props!

You got 24# this grow?!?:bow: Do you have a grow journal going? Very impressive friend!!

Do you really feel the Gavita's helped that much? Same strain as you normally run? HOw many pounds you normally get per light?

Tela

You got 24# this grow?!?:bow: Do you have a grow journal going? Very impressive friend!!

Do you really feel the Gavita's helped that much? Same strain as you normally run? HOw many pounds you normally get per light?

Yes
No to the journal. No pics. I don't document shit and I don't work for gavita.
I can't say 100% that it was all the gavitas because I increased my plant count by 5. I also used the algamic and bioheaven which I haven't used before. Same strain I normally run. 10 og hybrids, 15 sour diesels. I usually get 16-18. Got 24+ first run after getting the gavitas. Definitely surprised and convinced enough to buy 15 more gavitas
The results speak for themselves.

Yes
No to the journal. No pics. I don't document shit and I don't work for gavita.
I can't say 100% that it was all the gavitas because I increased my plant count by 5. I also used the algamic and bioheaven which I haven't used before. Same strain I normally run. 10 og hybrids, 15 sour diesels. I usually get 16-18. Got 24+ first run after getting the gavitas. Definitely surprised and convinced enough to buy 15 more gavitas
The results speak for themselves.

Well algamic is nothing more than an over priced super low concentrate of kelp meal and bioheaven is nothing more than an overpriced super low concentrate of humus. Typical hydro gig for $ so I think it definitely had more to do with the ability to add 5 more plants and the spectrum of light received. Thanks a lot for info.

Not hydro. Soil. 95% organic Omri certified. Also did compost tea, etc. hand watered every time

No, sorry, don't confuse I wasn't directing the 'hydro gig' towards you maybe saying, "typical hydro nutrient manufacturer gig" would have been better wording. I don't think there is one way to grow cannabis and all methods have their applications just don't like manufacturers who sell bottle stuff cut with water for 1000% mark-up and this is way off-topic just wanted to clarify though meant no hostilities.

Tela

Tela, do you find the gavita to run hotter or cooler than your former hps set-up?

About the same. I kept them at least 6in higher than the hortiluxes, maybe even a whole foot. I feel like the room is more evenly heated because of the attached ballast. But my temp stayed consistent thanks to the 4 ton ac.

C

CulturedHeathen

I have noticed significant plant happiness increases since switching to these systems. I know that this claim is very difficult to quantify, but I know my strains well enough to know that this will be my best run ever! Just love the versatility and ease of operation as well. One 220 plug and done!

LEDNewbie

Veteran
I see the Gavita 1000 is 22.3 inches long. But does anyone know the actual mounting point dimensions of the light? I need to do some blocking in my room before I run my electrical and would like to get the blocks exactly where they need to be!:biggrin: Thanksl

Also if someone had a "light centre" dimension that would be helpful as well?? Sure wish Gavita had a diagram with all these measurements!

W

willyweed

wow just read all of this post start to finish whazzupp is the main man.just wondering if you did any tests on the ecotechnics diamond shade .i have the 600/1000 and run it on 600/660 my god it gets hot but the plants love it even the ones at the edges of my 120/120 200 tent the ballast is a electronic 600 watt dimmable quiet line ballast made in china never heard of them before but comes with a 3 year warranty .i tried the sylvania growlux bulb which ran ok but had a flicker .looking to get a higher rated bulb not sure which one yet! any suggestion's would be welcome.spent a bit of time in amsterdam also had a day in rotterdam prefer the first also spent a few days in nijmegen for my friend harm's stag weekend.what a great place .loved every second.think they are having a big clamp down in the coffee shops from january ?

LEDNewbie

Veteran
About the same. I kept them at least 6in higher than the hortiluxes, maybe even a whole foot. I feel like the room is more evenly heated because of the attached ballast. But my temp stayed consistent thanks to the 4 ton ac.

you do a scrog or just let the plants grow??

I guess nobody wants to help a brother out with some measurements 8(

So I've read that the Gavita reflectors are designed to overlap light when hanging more than one light side by side. My question is, witch way do you face the lights?

Latest posts

Latest posts