What's new

Gavita DigiStar ballasts, 600 & 1,000 watt - COMING SOON!

whazzup

Veteran
@samba: read carefully my friend - don't only look at the nice pictures ;) The pro 1000 runs at 230V. I would always choose a full fixture over a remote system because of the absence of EMI with a full fixture. You do need about 90 cm distance to your crop.

@indabonga: happy growing :)

samba

@samba: read carefully my friend - don't only look at the nice pictures ;) The pro 1000 runs at 230V. I would always choose a full fixture over a remote system because of the absence of EMI with a full fixture. You do need about 90 cm distance to your crop.

@indabonga: happy growing :)
Thanks for your reply again, but it didn't really help me:badday:

Yes, they bought run on 230V and they are called pro 1000 and pro 1000 so I do get confused, sorry for that.
You mentioned:
1000W 230V lamps suck.
By that do you mean the GAVITA Pro 1000 DE US and GAVITA Pro 1000 DE EU or just magnetic ballast?

I really can't run AIRCON so my only option is remote ballast and aircooled hoods or 600W. I would use shielded cable to minimize EMI.

whazzup

Veteran
Samba: there is a difference in ballast voltage and lamp voltage. So the pro 1000 (complete fixture or remote) is specifically made for the high frequency 400V 1000W double ended lamps. The ballasts currently only take a supply voltage of 240V in the US, as they would dissipate too much heat in a 120V version. So you need 240V to run the ballasts.

Capulator

Samba: there is a difference in ballast voltage and lamp voltage. So the pro 1000 (complete fixture or remote) is specifically made for the high frequency 400V 1000W double ended lamps. The ballasts currently only take a supply voltage of 240V in the US, as they would dissipate too much heat in a 120V version. So you need 240V to run the ballasts.

Are you guys using a standard e40 socket assembly for the philips green power 600?

I need to figure out how to hang these vert using your ballast.

samba

Samba: there is a difference in ballast voltage and lamp voltage. So the pro 1000 (complete fixture or remote) is specifically made for the high frequency 400V 1000W double ended lamps
OKEY, that's where I got confused. I live in Europe, so 230V is what I get, and that's what the ballast runs on so I'm good to go!?

I have my eye on the remote ballasta.

What bulb to go with it?
Recommendations where to buy?

whazzup

Veteran
will e40 work though?

Shit I ordered a bunch last night.
If you bought your fixture in the US (so the US version) you will have the E 39 version. Modifying the fixture will revoke the UL/CSA certification and will revoke the warranty. An E40 lamp could be screwed into a E39 lamp base, though that is not a safe installation and also not warranted.

whazzup

Veteran
OKEY, that's where I got confused. I live in Europe, so 230V is what I get, and that's what the ballast runs on so I'm good to go!?

I have my eye on the remote ballasta.

What bulb to go with it?
Recommendations where to buy?
Designed for the Philips double ended lamp (lol line one of the description). I would recommend a full fixture because of the absence of EMI.

Go shop, gavita is only the manufacturer.

samba

Yeah, I cant go with the double ended, as I have to aircool, and the hoods I've been looking at are all E40.

KONY

Veteran
Buddy let me borrow one of these 1k ballast recently, and I noticed the adjustable knob for output is completely different style than my galaxy ballasts that are adjustable. With the Gavita it seems like it just kinda spins freely in place, there is no far left or right that it stops at, almost like its designed so it can be set anywhere and not specifically on 600, 750, 1000 or 1150.

Is that the case, or is this unit just worn out/faulty?