What's new

Gas is gonna go through the roof.....

BrainSellz

Veteran
one of the main reasons is the the worlds emerging economies, namely Brazil and China (adding russia, india and S affrica) ....their economies are growing at a HIGH speed...they are now where we were in the 1950's with a growing middle class that is thirsting for oil, oil to feed their new cars, and heat their bigger homes and fuel their larger manufacturing buildings and factories... the price of oil is climbing because of their consumption presently and will only climb higher and faster with time... so... by 2012, less than a year, we will be lucky if gas hovers around 5.00/gall...the year after may be worse....an ex shell ceo sees this 5.00/gall price by 2012....he doesnt say why but this seems most logical as to why....

Last edited:

BrainSellz

Veteran
we sigh...a friend just bought a GMC Envoy ....they gave her a "good deal" on it:biglaugh:....imagine that!
14 miles to the gallon city....20 highway....

nycjb

Sigh...The saddest part is that Tesla technology would solve this and all of the worlds problems...

zenoonez

Veteran
Brazil produces almost all of its energy needs domestically. China will be a problem as will be OPEC and the increasing difficulty of oil drilling. Increasing domestic production of alternative forms of energy and increasing the energy efficiency of our cars and appliances will be essential as well. The unspoken problem of the next 100 years will be clean water though. The way we are using water is simply unsustainable.

BrainSellz

Veteran
Brazil produces almost all of its energy needs domestically. China will be a problem as will be OPEC and the increasing difficulty of oil drilling. Increasing domestic production of alternative forms of energy and increasing the energy efficiency of our cars and appliances will be essential as well. The unspoken problem of the next 100 years will be clean water though. The way we are using water is simply unsustainable.
true about Brazil but who knows how long they can handle it.....yeah the water issue is gonna be unimaginable....they found chromium 6 in 31 out of 35 counties recently so....thats the chemical Erin Brokovich (sp) fought against on behalf of the town that was being poisoned....

phattybudz

This was supposed to happen 8 years ago.

*shrug... whaddya gonna do?

When the shit finally hits the fan countries will be forced to invest more in alternative energy sources which will be a good thing. Just a shame they haven't already been putting more time/money into it.

mk6

the tesla is a sick car but it still cost to charge it up I like the air car runs on compressed air... and from what Im seeing air is still free... lol...
air-car-41.jpg

more info here

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
The Tesla car, in its current iteration, is crap. Not ready for prime time. Looks nice, though. I think NYCJB was referring to Nikola Tesla. CMIIW.

jburns

well to brag my 91 crx hf gets 45+city 54+ hwy with 358xxx im hoping to take this baby to the 1 mil mile mark and talk honda into giving me a new car in about 10 more years.

actually 3 per gallon is dirt cheap. i think gas will skyrocket over 15-20 years. black gold.

Blueshark

They bumped it 30 cents to 3.19/gal here today....70 miles one way to work, at 30 mpg it still costs me 16 percent of my check to and from...Gotta find something closer, ugh!

**Cory, Trevor, go siphon some gas, boys!!

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lots of money going into commodities right now as speculators flee stocks. I expect to see $120 a barrel in 2011 easy.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Think yourselves lucky.....in the UK gas/petrol costs.... 5.087 GBP = 7.87233 USD per GALLON!!

.....It's about time the USA had to pay European prices don't ya think?......lol

Linenoise

Think yourselves lucky.....in the UK gas/petrol costs.... 5.087 GBP = 7.87233 USD per GALLON!!

.....It's about time the USA had to pay European prices don't ya think?......lol

Blame your government(s). They tax the shit out of gas/petrol. The prices are the same everywhere, the thing that makes it more or less expensive in other countries is taxes or subsidies.

For example: (Q4 2009/Q1 2010 prices)

Turkey $9.24 per gallon (most expensive)
Venezuela $0.19 per gallon (least expensive)