What's new

Garden in The Valley 2016

sacramental

Thanks guys.

Caught a dragonfly! Pretty stoked on that.
picture.php

sacramental

Not much to post. Just some flowering shots. Also trying to take a clone from one of the plants I've missed. Pretty deep into flower!!! Who bets it will root for me lol?
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Happy gardening.

B gump

One way to stagger harvest is to pull down your tops only, leaving the smaller inside stuff on the plant, wait approx two more weeks and then you can come back and harvest the next round of finished cola that have hot a good chance to finish. This also helps eliminate fluffy larffy material. Good luck this season the garden looks great. .
What's our feeding regiment for veg and for flower? I see some earth juice catalyst in a pic.

redlaser

Veteran
Things are blowing up at your place sacramental, hardly recognize it compared to the beginning of the season. I was curious how you are dealing with any insect/disease issues, or if it's a not a big issue.
Mostly I ask because i'm dealing with a few mites here and there and those last cloning pics of yours look like they have had a couple mite visits.
Hope i'm wrong about that, could be something else possibly.
The clone should take given enough time, worth a try at least.

B gump

For mites when you are in flower, I recommend Green Clean. It's expensive but is your best bet for controlling mites and not using harmful chemicals when in flower. Read instructions thoroughly, 1st dose and 2nd dose vary in amount used it definitely helps to get rid of any big water leaves that show and mite damage before spraying. Don't throw the leaves on the ground, get a bucket so you can remove the leaves from the garden.

sacramental

Hah yeah shit has really blown up!!! Fucking ridiculous! Didn't really think the girls would get quite this big but I guess that's what I get for starting them so early! If I would've known I'd started them end of March instead. Well you learn from your mistakes lol. Next year I will start them earlier but instead of having 36 in the yard I think we will make the holes bigger and cut it down to 12. I'm sure we can cover the yard still with room to work around each plant!!! This is bullshit lol. I'm still working on cages but it's a bitch!!!

For feeding and pests basically we are cheapskates!!!
Before planting we added To each hole a bag of ancient forest, some Epsom salt, and worm castings.

Veg we used earth juice grow powder? Few cups per hole. Plus a shitload of that Alaskan fish emulsion from Home Depot. They seem to like that nasty shit! Plus I foliar fed with Epsom salt and tried my hand at some compost tea recipe that I'm sure didn't have any Microbial life at all!!! Plus a big ass bucket of pro silica crap? Supposed to help with cell division and all that good stuff.

Bloom. We are using the earth juice bloom powder. Few cups per hole.
Molasses and potash. Also. Recently fed the plants with a bunch of fresh sprouted popcorn tea. Don't know if this will help but can't hurt right?

For pest well haven't been spraying as much as I'd like!
Hah. When they were smaller I'd spray with neem, dr. Bronners and aloe Vera juice. Plan to spray with a bunch of Monterey b.t. Not any signs of mites but I'm a big fan of the green clean! Wouldn't hurt. We get caterpillars bad so that's what I'm worried about!! His passionfruit around the garden are covered in red and black caterpillars. Haven't seen them in the plants but they are all ready freaking me out. I'll take pics of them tomorrow.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

My midget older bro was helping me with the cages tonight. This bamboo plant is growing over the fence so we might have to give her a flat top.
picture.php

My favorite girl so far. Bizarre from Sickmeds.
picture.php

sacramental

Ha I wouldn't doubt it if he was. I think it's basketball shorts though. Yeah I found another purple phen in the yard looking tasty.

O

Oakhills

It looks like the big raised bed with the "sub par" soil is looking good too. You must have been feeding them some fish emulsion! Water in some Down to Earth 0-11-0 Seabird Guano during flowering if you can.... Good calcium and seems to aid the terps too.

Spinosad for caterpillars too. Your plants are thumping!

sacramental

Everything is looking pretty good. Except for some spider mites I noticed today. Got some dr. Bronners peppermint soap. Can I spray this in flower or do you guys have something better in mind? Took some time off work so I'm ready to get some work done.

Oakhill, yeah some of the plants are doing ok in the raised bed but seems like they've been stuck in flowering for weeks so they didn't get quite as big as the yard. I'll try your recommendation though. I appreciate it.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

redlaser

Veteran
You have some really nice plants, it looks like the mites are not everywhere but once you see the speckling spots on the top of the leaves, you know they are other places too.

I would treat them every three days for at least four treatments,because their eggs hatch after three days. Treating in flower is trickier, ordinarily I'd say white mineral oil and 5% pyrethrum in veg along with essential oils like rosemary, lemon, mint, orange. You look a little too far along for mineral oil probably though. Be sure to spray under the leaves because that's where they hide, not always easy.

They hate water and like it hot and dry so in between sprays you could blast them with water to remove some of them plus piss them off.

Probably be worth it to treat them with regalia, a plant extract that increases the plant defense against molds and funguses. I'm only trying it for the first time but have heard positive results from it.

sacramental

Well I don't make it over to the garden for a couple of day and poof! There goes a few plants! What a p.o.s! Takes out 5 plants cause he thinks they aren't flowering fast enough. Well there goes a few p's lol! What can you do. Anyways what's left is looking good!
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Butterfly trying to survive!
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts