What's new

Garden in The Valley 2016

sacramental

Stone house, yeah I had them in the gh about a week ago and everything was on about 16 hours of light. It was a jungle in there so I moved everything outside to transplant in I would say 5 gal reusable shopping totes. Got 100 pk for 80$ online. Running on a budget this year folks! Only thing in the gh now are my clones I was gunna run but even they are getting too damn big for our holes. Anyway there is no way in hell in gunna fit these all back in the gh. We just transplanted the clones into 10 gals so the gh packed. We talked about depping out the clone plants to make room but I'm gunna have to take cuts before that happens. If I took cuts now would they be ready by June?
picture.php

picture.php

First time playing with light deprivation is pretty fun.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

sacramental

Well I got to the garden arend 8 this morning to find 12 yards of soil! Stepdad must plan on goin a bit bigger!!! I'm not complaining.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Salmon River OG female
picture.php

sacramental

Thanks Biddank.

Yeah last year I didn't have enough starts so. Space is limited for me hence putting up the greenhouse. I wish I could have gotten it up earlier but better late than never. We have I think 50 spots including the boxes in the yard. I started 100+ hoping we'll have better luck. I also have 19 clone plants in the gh For backups but we will probably be light depping most of those cause we have quite a bit of females showing in the yard. He plans to put in planter boxes in front of the greenhouse as well. So that's why his driveway smells like horseshit! I would use all my smarties and geos but he thinks they use too much water. He may very well be right but we had a good year of rain and who's to say we won't for the next 7 years? Except for maybe Jerry Brown hah. Anyways no gophers that I know of but he has these ground squirrels that mess up the property pretty good. He worries about one of his clients falling in a big ass hole and sueing him. They haven't gotten in the yard though!
picture.php

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
How did I miss this thread? This is "must sub" status, lol.

Your spot is looking tight this year, sac! Best of luck to you and the fam!

HB.

sacramental

Howdy good people,

Well let the games begin. Step dad is getting tired of watering these bitches I guess so we decided to get them into their new homes. Got a couple of days of heat down here and now we have a couple cooler days coming up:comfort: Even maybe some rain? We shall see?
picture.php

20sackzack

Hell yeah bro looking really good. You guys are gonna have your hands full. You said you're in sac right? How do you guys get away with having all those plants? I thought outdoor cultivation in Sacramento county was banned

20sackzack

Im also in placer county. It looks like they are making new laws trying to regulate it this year. 10 acre minimum parcel size... that would be a joke. I guess we will see what happens. Here's an article from the auburn journal

Ryte on bro, I'm Also in the 916, sacramento. We keep small gardens here. Purely complaint drivin as of now. Take a gamble every year but so far so good. Anyways. Nice to see a local! Lookin killer man! I've also got a journal going. Come check it out if you can. Take cr and good luck. I'll def be coming by often!

sacramental

Yeah we shall see. We are on 6.5 acres and off the main road a ways. My step dad keeps telling of the case "the people vs. kelly". Don't know much about it but what he tells me that basically he's not too worried about limits. I guess we will when a chopper drops down on his property and chops all our meds a couple weeks before harvest!!! Lol knock on wood.

HB, we set up plumbing underground to each hole. The yard is sectioned in three stations and everything gets watered with a swipe of a hand!!! Beats carrying around 5 gal buckets or watering by hand for sure. It's hard to see but I'll take some pics.

sacramental

Organicdisciple, right on bro. Two seasons ago when stepdad let me do my own thing was the same. The yard you see now was about half the size. He had about 12 big plants and he let me do 10 in 45 gal smart pots on another space on the property. Worried about limits and neighbors complaining! Each year after he just seems to wanna go bigger so I'm not gunna complain hah. I've been checking your thread along with many others. Looking good my man. Plants look healthy! My first year my partner wasn't really there to help me so it seemed like a lot of work. He just had his first newborn! Just like your thread title. It sucked balls! Didn't know shit of growing cannabis or growing anything else for that matter. All I knew was that I liked smoking and digesting the stuff and it started to impact my financial situation. Started by reading some of the infinite info on this site and here I am now. Haven't paid for bud from a club or friend for 3 years!!! Small gardens can be fun instead of feeling like a job lol. I don't like to make too many comments on here unless I feel I have something to share or contribute. I don't consider myself an experienced grower and have a lot of the same questions I see on here so. Best of luck brother.

Last edited: