What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GANJA GUIDOS FIRST GROW ! White Widow Microgrow using a PC Server Case and CFL's !!!!

foxygrower

Yo man,
For a first timer, I would definitely suggest that you not try a "micro" grow and just go for something small. Growing inside that little computercase is gonna be nothing but headaches, and at the end of the day you will have 1/4 - 1/2 an ounce if you are lucky! Instead, how about get a small cabinet, get a 400W MH-HPS switchable, a strong inline fan for ventilation, and you will be able to pull OUNCES rather than grams. This is also a surer bet, and you will have less anoyying problems than in a micro grow. Maybe this isnt exactly what you wanted to hear, but its good advice and I'd be glad to help you with the details.

Best of luck,
FG

fg,
i can totaly see where ur coming from however ive seen numerous sucess stories with the same exact setup alll yeilding between 40-60 grams, a member over on OG elephant grew in it 3 times scrog 2 NL and 1 blueberry all with 50 gram yeild also a few others with 45, and on here u can check out budfather, who has just harvested about an ounce of oasis. so ive seen results with same or simalar setup, lst and srog and top is key, i would like to have a big grow, but as of now this is the space i have untill later this year..

G

Lol you smoke a gram a day and you will have smoked your whole 5 months of work in half a month. Get a cab and a 400w hps and end up with 200 grams instead of 30...

SinnerCity

lookin great GG :joint:

IC needs a micro section to itself , gets annoying hearing people dissin the micro setups. :moon:

you can make a mini bubble cloner outta a dollar store 16oz plastic black cup and lid,small airstone and small airpump that can hold a bunch of cuttings, I do this since I only need a few clones for my own setups and it makes it easier on me to keep track of which is which haha.
best regards
SC

yea, wow they are deff alot of micro haters out here, Some people just dont understand that not everyone has the amount of space to do a grow like that, and instead of not having a grow at all, at least ill have a nice yeild to hold me over,without shitting out 20 bones for every day for the G i smoke. But yes people please stop trying to con me into a bigger grow, belive me IF I COULD I WOULD !, thanks for the bubble cloner idea, i think im gona make one tonite for my top

Skidi

More info

More info

hey, good luck and I think its admirable to do what you can given your circumstances. I'd bend rather than top as recovery is quicker and otherwise it will spend more time growing rootmass and outgrow your space. I'm sure in the grow forum this technique is mentioned somewhere. Be really careful with the nutes, less is better. I've heard numerous stories the widow like blueberry is hard to clone but i can't confirm experentially. In your situation i'd go with a stocky fast kush if the occasion comes up again. As of now I'd try to sex both, at 41/ 2 weeks you might see some white pistals as indicator of female, BTW you count veg from the first set of true leaves not when you germ'd if that's the case. Your situation might be ideal for lowryder which is a super fast auto flower. Sampled,The potency is not bad at all, there's a hybrid with williams Wonder that is supposed to be kick. They grow donkey dcks so I imagine you could get 4-6 low Ryders in there. Anyway, just a thought instead of cloning, which really isn't practical for your situation. Besides effects focus on plant structure when picking strain. Widow is 60/40 Sativa dominant, its going to be branchy though flowering short will curtail that somewhat. Get a Grw Book Asap or prepare to do a lot of net research with lots of conflicting ideas and misinformation, even by so called oldtimers. I guess the Grw bible is the best out there right now, i really like both soma's and Dj Short's but both are short and more about improving technique, etc.
As well make sure your plants are going through 1 1/2-2 day dry spell, rather tthan keeping soil constantly moist, they'll mature faster and perform better.
Good Luck

skidi thanks for the response, if u would have read my full post, you wold have seen then I am using feminized seeds, both show sex already, I was gona lst, however since the stem is is thick it mite bend so i am going to top and then lst.

br i got it, but i decided not to use the 100watt hps for this grow, the temps are just a lil high with just the cfls in there, but dont worry, you will be getting a pm once that time comes, haha ! :joint:

The Budfather

hey ganja, dont listen to all these haters they dont kno anything bout micrgrowing

Turkish said:
Lol you smoke a gram a day and you will have smoked your whole 5 months of work in half a month. Get a cab and a 400w hps and end up with 200 grams instead of 30...

wow you really thought that comment threw thinking that it takes us 5 months to yield 30 grams the fact is we only veg for 20 days and still yield up to 2 ounces and im positive with a 30 day veg you could ad another ounce that and what makes you think he can have a 400 watter do you realize how much heat space that takes just because he has the computer in a closet doesnt mean he can use the whole closet he might have kids a wife or parents that he needs to worry about and even if he doesnt yield what he needs he is still growing the plant that we have all come to love and why would you persecute that i still live with my rents and cant just flat out grow so would you like to deny me the right and call me stupid

there you go is the result of one lil measly micro grow that is roughly 2 ounces of dense crystally FREE bud
sorry if i got mad but please dont under estimate a micro grower
-The Budfather-

G

THATS 2 ounces? Must be very dense. And yes if you live with your parents I would deny you the right to grow. When you have your own place and only your neck is on the line then you can grow. You shouldn't grow in a house if the people don't know you are growing.

Last edited:

The Budfather

roughly it yielded to be about 50.38 grams yes buds were very rocklike iwas just as surprised as you seem to be but i do agree with you somewhat on the parent situation but i think many people really think that the parents are fully introuble i have seen many peoplebusted growing while still in their parents house and parents walk away scott free (somewhat) but this maybe just my states penalties

monkeyman

The Budfather said:
roughly it yielded to be about 50.38 grams yes buds were very rocklike iwas just as surprised as you seem to be but i do agree with you somewhat on the parent situation but i think many people really think that the parents are fully introuble i have seen many peoplebusted growing while still in their parents house and parents walk away scott free (somewhat) but this maybe just my states penalties

IMO growing at your parents house under any circumstances except maybe your mom has cancer and your growing her some meds is selfish and incredibly wrong. This is with or without their consent. I know I will probably get flamed for this but I just think its such a terrible idea.

xsailbox

how did you mount the computer fans up that high?
I tried building one myself and could only get the fans in the stock locations, which are in the middle of the case...

what about lightproofing the exhaust fans? the only solution I have been able to come up with is to sandwich 2 pieces of carbon filter material, but then it causes a bit of backpressure and the fan blows a lil out and even more back into the case...

Latest posts

Latest posts