What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

G81 Grow 2020

Green81

Veteran
cont.

picture.php

picture.php

Blue cheese

picture.php

picture.php

Amnesia Haze week 6

picture.php

Purple Jamaican x Amnesia Haze week 6

Green81

Veteran
picture.php

More purple jam

picture.php
picture.php

Banana Strawberry week 6

picture.php

Blue Cheese week 6

picture.php

Veg tent repotted ready some training, trying to get 6-8 leaders per plant.........

Happy smoking....

Cloneman

Veteran
Clone man. You have a nice tent there, looks like you have good height for the heat to be drawn up.

Cloneman! I love a nice oscillator! But your right too many fans, i think 5 :) are you getting good leaf movement. GAS diffuser will have a look for sure, is that a 5inch rvk?

G81

Cloneman i thought the idea was to exhaust the hot air that naturally rises . Now your saying you blow this hot air over canopy ? Am i missing something ?

Green you def get the most fans in a tent award . Is that a window fan up there as well???

Green its a Budbox pro 1.2 x 2.4 x 1.8 loft tent.
3 years ago when i set this up i asked what size diffuser to use, they said 4 inch was adequate and it is. Plenty of leaf movement over the canopy also not too severe.
The ballasts are outside the tent and the passive intake is down low at one end with the exhaust filter at the top at the other end. So the heat of the bulbs is being drawn out. Having the exhaust fan (sucking) outside means it frees up space for the light that end to go right up.

For air i use Mountain Air Filter 150mm/500mm (wicked), Phresh Hyper fan stealth 150mm (smooth, quiet) and a GHC multifan controller.

i took a pic

picture.php

hope this helps

Green81

Veteran
Green its a Budbox pro 1.2 x 2.4 x 1.8 loft tent.
3 years ago when i set this up i asked what size diffuser to use, they said 4 inch was adequate and it is. Plenty of leaf movement over the canopy also not too severe.
The ballasts are outside the tent and the passive intake is down low at one end with the exhaust filter at the top at the other end. So the heat of the bulbs is being drawn out. Having the exhaust fan (sucking) outside means it frees up space for the light that end to go right up.

For air i use Mountain Air Filter 150mm/500mm (wicked), Phresh Hyper fan stealth 150mm (smooth, quiet) and a GHC multifan controller.

i took a pic

View Image

hope this helps

Some great advice cloneman. Looks like before next run I will change up a few things. Will hope to remove the fans.im at max height with gavitas 750 and ballasts are within the light fixture.
I was thinking to adding an LEd panel in the middle and lowering the 750's to 550-600w reducing the heat output quite considerably and having better coverage of light. Do you think that could work Cloneman?

:)

ForTheLove

Veteran
Hey brother! Its nice to be back and to see what everyone has been doing these few years. Seeing lots of old faces and I.C mag has a nice vibe as always.
My Amnesia x Purple Jamaican is a bit unusual in taste for me. Deffo some different terps going on. The jamaican seeds were no doubt european genetics x with old school jamaican genetics. She finishes the earliest in the tent so mainly on the skunk side not to Hazy.
That Blue Cheese cut came from the Vauxhall area around 2015/16. Stinky stinky when lit. Dont smoke it around the neighbours as its blatently obvious whats going on. Has decent stretch unlike the exodus original cheese.

I will update with pics this Sunday.
Happy smokey weekend everyone.

G81
Looking propa mate!
Your A X PLB sounds nice man! Hard to go wrong with skunk funk!
I think that cut definitely made its way across the river. Yeah absolute stinker! . . Fondly missed! But too many flavours & not enough time! Lol . . . . Edit! I meant the blue cheese not your cross.

Fans - I've used 12" eco fan with air mover oscillator
Hung against corners. They work well as we have similar size space!

Those carbo air attachments that Cloneman showed can work great especially in larger rooms, from what I've seen. We all have different practicalities, so different strokes for different folks :D

Lastly. . . . I've been using a gavita 750 + telos 10 in a G2 tent, plants love it! but you will see a difference in growth of the same strain under the different spectrums. It's interesting!

Soz for the essay man, I don't get out much lately. . . Ha ha

Last edited:

Blazeee

Veteran
Great update G81, loving the bud shots. I started to drool when I saw that block of hash on the last page, that stuffs impossible to find round here.

Cloneman i thought the idea was to exhaust the hot air that naturally rises . Now your saying you blow this hot air over canopy ? Am i missing something ?

Green you def get the most fans in a tent award . Is that a window fan up there as well???

With regards to the air diffuser your meant to have ducting on one side of the fan, pulling cold air in to the tent and blowing it cross the canopy, therefore your not recirculating hot air inside your tent.

BigPhil

Veteran
Cloneman I love my mountain Air filter as well. Great filters!

Nice show brother green! Plants look great

Green81

Veteran
Hey Green, dank flowers man. What camera do you use to take your photos?

Thanks rudedog! Using my old nikon d5000 with stock lense but im a bit rusty using it :)

Looking propa mate!
Your A X PLB sounds nice man! Hard to go wrong with skunk funk!
I think that cut definitely made its way across the river. Yeah absolute stinker! . . Fondly missed! But too many flavours & not enough time! Lol . . . . Edit! I meant the blue cheese not your cross.

Fans - I've used 12" eco fan with air mover oscillator
Hung against corners. They work well as we have similar size space!

Those carbo air attachments that Cloneman showed can work great especially in larger rooms, from what I've seen. We all have different practicalities, so different strokes for different folks :D

Lastly. . . . I've been using a gavita 750 + telos 10 in a G2 tent, plants love it! but you will see a difference in growth of the same strain under the different spectrums. It's interesting!

Soz for the essay man, I don't get out much lately. . . Ha ha

Hey Forthelove nice essay :), some good advice there bro, your light setup sound ideal, im hoping to use some new-gen leds once the funds are there.
Blue cheese is always there for the taking.....

Great update G81, loving the bud shots. I started to drool when I saw that block of hash on the last page, that stuffs impossible to find round here.

With regards to the air diffuser your meant to have ducting on one side of the fan, pulling cold air in to the tent and blowing it cross the canopy, therefore your not recirculating hot air inside your tent.

Thats hash was sublime, super clean but we all thought lacked a kick.
Everyone is on the air diffuser, going try to come up with a plan for the next run...

Cloneman I love my mountain Air filter as well. Great filters!

Nice show brother green! Plants look great

Thanks for stopping by Big Phil, gonna look into mountain air filters brother...

Green81

Veteran
update week 7 flower

update week 7 flower

Hey, hey whats up everyone. We are week 7 roughly and Amnesia still has a way to go, purple jam X is almost ready she super quick but but not massive yielding...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Canopy looking a little rough with excess heat and lumens.

picture.php

picture.php

Purple Jamaican x Amnesia Haze almost finished

Green81

Veteran
Cont...

picture.php

Amnesia Haze week 7

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Purple Jam x amnesia haze c.c cut

picture.php

Banana Strawberry (strawb Pheno)

Green81

Veteran
cont.

picture.php

picture.php

Blue Cheese (circa '15)

picture.php

Close up of strawberry pheno

picture.php

Defoliation and topped, getting ready for round 2. Also some new seedlings developing well.

Green81

Veteran
picture.php

SkyWalker pheno 3

picture.php

Holy grail pheno 3

picture.php

Banana strawberry pheno 3

picture.php

Looking for some heavier phenos of the purple jamaican x amnesia haze, 5 seeds 1 pot.

Green81

Veteran
Everything came down and I hit 1G per watt. happy but know it could can do better. I see some peeps are hitting 1.3 per watt regularly. Pics after work... so far the purple Jamican x ammy is getting the thumbs up.

G81 :)

BigPhil

Veteran
Everything came down and I hit 1G per watt. happy but know it could can do better. I see some peeps are hitting 1.3 per watt regularly. Pics after work... so far the purple Jamican x ammy is getting the thumbs up.

G81 :)

Nice mate. Good yield. Great work G81!

Only time I got more than a G per watt. 93 oz off 4 lights it was the worst quality I have ever had haha. I couldn't give it away was bay11 granddaddy purps seed.
What was the flower time like on the Purple Jamaican x amnesia mate?

Green81

Veteran
Easy BigPhil. That was a good mix of phenos on this run but half the tent was Amnesia Haze and she reliably pumps out weight,geez if you take her 11 weeks its super greasy resin and heavy...
The Jamaican X i would call a week 7 max week 8 strain in flower but she went longer on this run. She's a nice plant but no weight to her. Medium to low yeilder...

mack 10

Veteran
Ditto. Iove to see the Blue Cheese rocking.
I miss that flavour.
How's the terps on your one,?

Latest posts

Latest posts