What's new

Fully Automated RDWC System - Ultimate System Overhaul!!!

Meison

I am waiting patiently to see the results and learn from your experience, rdwc is my next move and automatic equipment or remote controlled is really in my interests. Im getting my EL gavita controller working soon, but thats not even close to what you got going here hehehe.

Btw super lemon haze is a winner, dont need to breed a hybrid hehehe

Cheers Zumie keep this up its worth the time to follow this grow

Zumie

nice to see someone is still watching for an update . . . If I can manage to squeeze the door open to the jungle after 7PM this evening Ill snap a bunch of photos . . .they are flowering up nicely and have grown well beyond my expectations . . .its a bit of a problem A.) because I don't have any additional ability to raise my lights so some of the tops will potentially be burned and B.) because I was lazy about setting up a trellis system (I plan on just pony'n up for the damn tomato cages made by CCH2O) I anticipate a lot of really heavy nugs flopping around and needing a lot of support based on how amazingly fast they are growing.

Keep in mind this is the virgin run on this system. . . next run is going to be even more dialed, I don't even have the auto dosing system running the nutes and PH this time around!!

I ran into some interference because of the massive amount of bubbles that are generated in the primary module....so I am taking a tiny pump and diverting a small stream of water to a small reservoir that will continuously be getting filled and then overflow back into the system. this way I will be able to place all three probes into a bubble free environment and should get much more accurate readings. Im also waiting for Neptune Systems to release their new dual dosing pump . . . its fucking badass!

thanks fellas, check back later for a tour of the jungle!

Kizalush

Excellent, looking forward to the update. Haha...I was content with a solid 5 years in the shadows, but I could't let you abandon ship without posting a run-through of your system. I'm particularly interested in the use of the Apex. It presents itself as quite the novel aquatic controller. The new Dos pump that you are waiting for looks like a phenomenal addition as well. I know that you don't have your auto-nut/ph adjustment setup at the moment, but have you messed around with the connectivity between the controller and 3rd party peristaltic pumps at all? I've been browsing Neptune's forum sponging information and the controller really seems to be a wonderful automation solution once one has tailored their setup accordingly.

Mister_D

Veteran
Just found your thread, but I must say I very impressed with your attention to detail :respect:. Surprised more people haven't taken notice, but sometimes the good ones fly under the radar for a bit. Keep with the updates man, me and kizalush will be watching for sure :biggrin:. Have a feeling some of my boys will be in here shortly ;)

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
I'm leaning towards these auto-dosers & full automation as well (for veg & flower unattended dosing for at least full cycle), AMERICAN HYDROPONICS INTELLIDOSE COMPLETE: http://www.ehydroponics.com/intellidose-complete.html

AMERICAN HYDROPONICS PERISTALTIC TRIPLE PUMP : http://www.ehydroponics.com/american-hydroponics-peristaltic-triple-pump-id-and-nd1.html?&cid=26

There's also BLUELAB DOSETRONIC PERIDOSER KIT: http://www.ehydroponics.com/bluelab-dosetronic-peridoser-kit.html?&cid=26

Intellidose dilution rates

_

Wow !
Great thread.
I'm along for the ride too.
Let's see those pics of the jungle.
"Welcome to the Jungle" is playing as I type this !

Zumie

The Neptune is an automation nerd's fucking wet dream! Its really very simple . . .I have got 4 peristaltic pumps hooked up already but I bought them from New Zealand and my buddy wired them incorrectly and the asshole fried them like chicken wings. But the controller does a magnificent job of maintaining a temp in the reservoir as well as keeping the glycol coolant at temp outside it basically runs off a series of "IF" statements (for those geeks who are power users in Microsoft excel) basically something like "IF (temp, PH, PPM)>xxx, TEMP1(or name of the outlet you choose) = ON almost like a computer runs on binary 0s and 1s . . .the best part is the interface system on www.APEXfusion.com I can literally sit in my office downtown with my ipad and tweak the temps reservoir PPM PH etc etc etc. and the readouts are all displayed with graphs in real time. . . . Absolutely fucking amazing.....I am sure that at some point Neptune will wake up to the explosive growth taking place in this market and make a system more catered towards the grower. It would be sick if I could incorporate a few more measurement tooks such as a humidistat and CO2 sniffer because then the entire room would be controllable from the palm of your hand.

For those items I use a Sentinel with a CO2 sniffer, maintains temps humidity etc etc really nicely. . .today was the first real stress test on how the system would handle and temp extremes as it got down to nearly 2 fucking degrees today in Denver!!! one thing about the RDWC systems (or any system with MAMMOTJ FUCKING PLANTS TEEMING TWITH NUGS) is that during the lights off time, the humidity spikes like a muthafucka. . . .like straight to 99% if left unattended....I battled powdery mildew once in my life and never again, I have 2 AC units running (mini-split plus another 28000btu window unit) AS WELL as a 70 pint dehuey, but the problem is the AC does not need to run when lights are out so it does not clear out the wet air effectively. For that I employ a 12" Can fan and massive carbon filter...I was worried that the frequent evacuation of all that moist air in the super cold temps might drop the temp of my room too much for the girls . .. but this morning before work I ran out there stark fuckin naked to go check and see if it was holding up on the warmth side (hey if I couldn't feel comfortable with my junk hangin out in the oscillating breeze then I wouldn't ask my gals to either hahahahaha) and low and behold the heaters I installed in the walls work like a god damn charm. . .. it cools off to a cozy 63 degrees during the lights out time, and does not crack a degree over 78 during the daytime.
Once I get those pumps installed I am literally going to be out of things to tinker with....I think I am approaching growroom "Homeostaesis" or the Perfect environment!

Although I am gonna swap out the 1HP chiller for a much more powerful unit next summer because there is no way it will be able to hang all the way through next summer's heat with the CO2 blasting and the warm temps outside. . . .thanks for stopping by everyone, makes me motivated to keep yall up to date.....my iPhone is busted but I will get the digi cam out asap and post some shit real soon!!!

Stay UP!

Zumie

In other news . . . all my seeds from Attitude came in the other day and I am more than estatic to report that I am currently at about a 99% germ rate! Im still waiting on one big fat ol strawberry caugh seed to pop and then Ill be moving on to the next stage.

I have a question for anyone who is a Colorado (specifically Denver) head out there. . . .I am about to embark on the next phase of my herb loving career. . . . breeding.... Im transforming my veg room into a more suitable environment with a small isolation area which I will be able to flower a small number of plants in at a time without throwing my moms or clones into havoc or risking contamination of the beatlab outside. . . here is my issue...I am really starving to get my hands on some super high quality male genetics, I have got a few that popped with this seed round but I am eager to expand my stable so I can have more options to get fun with. . . .anyone willing to trade some genetics or discuss something that might help me out please PM me.

What would really kick ass is if I could find someone who was smart and collects pollen from their dude plants, because I think that at about 20 days the blue dream and pineapple express gals that I have out back would be prime time for a partial pollination of a single branch or something....just a thought. I have some people in mind to call but Im just thinking out loud at this point.

Peace.. . .

macdiesel

In other news . . . all my seeds from Attitude came in the other day and I am more than estatic to report that I am currently at about a 99% germ rate! Im still waiting on one big fat ol strawberry caugh seed to pop and then Ill be moving on to the next stage.

I have a question for anyone who is a Colorado (specifically Denver) head out there. . . .I am about to embark on the next phase of my herb loving career. . . . breeding.... Im transforming my veg room into a more suitable environment with a small isolation area which I will be able to flower a small number of plants in at a time without throwing my moms or clones into havoc or risking contamination of the beatlab outside. . . here is my issue...I am really starving to get my hands on some super high quality male genetics, I have got a few that popped with this seed round but I am eager to expand my stable so I can have more options to get fun with. . . .anyone willing to trade some genetics or discuss something that might help me out please PM me.

What would really kick ass is if I could find someone who was smart and collects pollen from their dude plants, because I think that at about 20 days the blue dream and pineapple express gals that I have out back would be prime time for a partial pollination of a single branch or something....just a thought. I have some people in mind to call but Im just thinking out loud at this point.

Peace.. . .

I'm still around! Post up some pics! I put my 32 dbxl to work 10 days ago.....hope it is trouble free for the next 6 weeks or so!

BTW-I live about an hour and a half from you...we're like neighbors! ;)

Zumie

ok Yall ready for this!!!??? camera is charged up and Im heading out there to capture the current state of the jungle!

Zumie

Of all the god damn details I have slaved over perfecting . . . whattdya know, its your own fucking success that bites you in the ass. I shoulda never held off on the trellis system....they are getting so bushy that they are sometimes leaning over in their baskets by the whole plant. . . I am tying them up where possible but its only gonna get worse as they load up. . . Im very upset about being stingy and lazy when it came to the stupid fucking over priced tomato cages. How could I have ignored the lessons learned from my outdoor crop this year? It cost me almost a quarter of my crop...Deez . . .please do yourself a favor, go and pick up the god damn cages tomorrow, or and don't say I didn't tell you so when you are about to break something out of frustration because they are growing out of control (which I normally would not mind) but without support and proper direction.....anyway

Blue Dream

Pineapple express

Before (about three weeks ago)

Today

macdiesel

Damn Zumie! You have an unmanageable jungle in there!!!
How far into flower was your first pic? Was your stuff slow to grow the first week in flower? Mine is sluggish as shit (7 days in) but looks about ready to take off. I, like you have went back and forth in my head with the trellis as it is tough to use because all my plants are different sizes because i let them veg too long as i got my shit/system built. CC cage modules would work well but i refuse to hand them over more money for their overpriced shit.

My system-
picture.php

Zumie

oh Daaayum . . . Your gonna be fucked too if you don't do something about it! I would totally still go and get the cages going, my plants blew up like the 4th of july and are just loading up like crazy now. I suppose Ill just deal with whatever happens as things progress....lesson learned I guess. The good thing is about 2 weeks ago I got in there and chopped the shit out of all the under growth so that all the plants are nice lollipop style with decent airflow underneath.

Quick question for you, how are you keeping the reservoir cool...and what are you doing about humidity in the evenings??

macdiesel

I have a pump in the epicenter going to a 1 1/2hp ecoplus chiller. I think it's overkill as my room is pretty cool this time of year. The better way to do it is run the system pump return through the chiller and back to the epicenter. I'll replumb it that way this week.

How long did it take for your plants to start going nuts after 12/12? How far in was your first pic?

btw-I have an issue of low humidity in the day (25%) and it only spikes to about 45% at night. I cool my room with cold and dry outside air. :)

D350

I know how you feel...I'm fucked too...
I cant even get in there. Tomato cages you say?
Noted.

Attachments

• 14162567405751998014690.jpg
    14162567405751998014690.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 8