What's new

Fucking Busted Hardcore........

Fucking Busted Hardcore........

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ODTreez

Hold your head KB, its a long process but when its over you'll kno what it takes to stay safe and prosper in this game. Good Luck man!

Economy is in bad shape, cops will pull you over for anything nowadays. It is a huge source of revenue for the state. Even for the most miniscule traffic infractions like middle brake lights being out.

-~Wind Walker~-

Krunch,

You have been nothing but an asset to this site. It's horrible to see you going through this.

Considering how much you have given to this site, you would think some of the members who posted so poorly in your thread would have more couth.

Translated;

Um.. when someone you know (regardless if you like'em or not) gets out of jail, ESPECIALLY OVER SOME BULLSHIT it isn't cool to shit talk.

-~WW~-

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Very sorry to hear anyone fall foul of the law for cannabis...irregardless of the circumstances. Sending positive vibes your way KB...keep your chin up in the face of adversity. :ying:

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
If the judge thanked you for showing my suggestion is to ask for a bail reduction hearing. If he's cool and you tell him that it's a severe hardship and give your word you'll keep showing he'll probably drop it down to 5 grand.....

And I know you won't want to hear this, but is there anyone that knew you were transporting? I'd hate to think someone made a call on ya but it happens all the time. Wait it out and see if their going to let you slide easy, but if it were me and they decided to play hardball I'd be asking for a probable cause hearing..... Most cops don't pull over for the third brake light.....

or ask to promise to appear on your own recognizance and have the whole bail dropped... won't work if you ever failed to appear.

RetroGrow

Veteran
After reading this thread yesterday and learning it's just a matter of time before odor permeates out regardless of what material the container is made of..

How long was it between packaging up the goods and going through customs?

Sorry, just seeing this now. I usually pack it the same day or night before. I never go on a plane without weed. Have gone through customs in several countries with it. If you vacuum seal the bags in premium bags, and then take that bag and double it, you are good. No smell is coming out of there. I don't believe even a dog can pick it up, but you must be careful not to transfer smell from your hands/gloves/whatever to the bags, and not have any other paraphernalia that may alert a dog, like a pipe, etc. I have had dogs in customs walk right by my stuff, no problem, although I can't be sure if those dogs are looking for explosives or drugs. The fact that they are looking for explosives kind of takes some of the heat off us. At least, I tell myself that.

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
You know what, genious....THINGS HAPPEN! Sometimes "savings" are used when a grow goes wrong, or we help another person out. There are a MILLION reasons he may have not had his atty. money in order. It's not like this job is all glitz, glitter and money people. You don't ALWAYS make a killing,

Savings? nobody should be 'helping out' their friends with multiple tens of thousands of dollars if that is ALL they have. We know that given the costs, the return on investment is substantial when it DOES work out, sure a failed crop can ruin someone. But a failed crop after you have cropped out a dozen other times, hurts a HELL of a lot less. Been there, done that.

You and I both know that Krunch has had more then ten grand walk out of a single room in a single month.

how many rooms he runnin again? How many links are in his sig?

factor in partners and bills and everything. I'm not a micro grower. I know what it costs. You don't get into growing on that scale just for shits and giggles. If you aren't getting paid (especially if you are one to harp against legalization) then something is wrong.

this is a regular fucking job....that costs more than you and three other people like you make in a year. EVERY ONE OF YOU SAYING THIS CRAP: You try to ALWAYS keep your retainer money, your case money, your life money, your bail money, your operational money...try it, oohhhhhh TRY it!!!!!

I get that growing a plant is a job, but this is no regular job (at least not yet, maybe once legalization hits you can say that) and dont ever get too comfy with that thought process because I've seen it be the demise of people in too much of a comfortable situation.

I've seen a picture of one of KB's recent coco rooms, that room alone could have covered this bail and a retainer..... so given the other 5 grows in the signature alone (not to mention anything done prior) I think you could cover living expenses pretty well.

I'm not hating on him, I'm just appalled that after all I've seen come from his threads, that he's struggling. I mean something got massively fucked up somewhere then right?

There are too many people in this thread talking about shit they DON'T know first hand. To make it even fucking nastier...you insult the man by asking if he blew his money on fucking hookers and snow. Nobody asked what you would do if you ever had more than the shit you got man, so leave the fucking hookers and blow out of it.

I'm assuming you mean me not knowing this shit first hand, yep I'm not krunch, I'm not in his shoes right now. But have I ever been there and done that? before you go assuming things, might want to at least consider it. K now that you realize that other people have gone through other things too, I also am in the midst of a legal battle. One of my co op partners that I grow with got popped with 2 of my pounds and a shitload of trim. I've got undercover leo 'narc experts' dissecting this case in a courtroom while a lot of implications could fall on me, I'm sure I'll be taking the stand shortly.

I'm very involved in this case put it that way.

I know damn well that if I was pulling down rooms like Krunch, that a GREAT lawyer who's on retainer would be on my speed dial.

sorry for asking questions that offended you but if you can't take a joke then fuck you, and if the money from those links really did go up a nose, well then I dont know what else to say.

Look at your fucking signature too man, you're a big fat hypocrite.

I make my own decisions, I dont let public opinion sway my thought process too much, how does that make me a hypocrite?

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
you can travel with the stankiest weeds pretty safe if you food saver the pot, then wash the bag to lose the oils, then put it in homer buckets and snap a self sealing lid with a gasket on it.

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
re: 3rd tail light

If it is installed, it is required to be maintained and is good PC for a stop; however, as long as two stop lamps are clearly visible and in compliance it is a FIX-IT Ticket!

Interesting post from brncow's link:

10-04-2007, 05:24 PM
"The (a) section only works if either of the side lamps are out or dim. The "third" or "high mount" brake light is not required lighting and is therefore not applicable to enforcement under 24252(a) CVC. I learned this the hard way." A lot of people have...at least yours only got out of a ticket, not a consequent arrest after the stop.

copobo

glad to stop in and see things are looking better. you'll beat this shit. PM is more hardcore than any cop. hit-em with some eagle-20!

best of luck KB

REZDOG

Veteran
If you grow in any volume,having an attorney on RETAINER is your best bet.
That obligates them to JUMP! when you say "frog"....

Hmm, I don't mean to further troll or flame however... mrbomdiggity doesn't seem to realize this is all of our culture here further ICM is our community and KB is a very respected part of this community and kicking him while he is down is not a very good idea... where I grew up a person that outwardly acted as mr.bd did wouldn't be heard from again in a while and when or if you were seen again you had the whole community watching you like hawks. I make no threats I just think one might treat others with a higher degree of respect when its demanded or otherwise you take your chances alone...

So far KB your pinch seems to be going over well, don't think youre outta the woods yet but you'll see light soon homie. By the way don't give up your skill especially if you're passionate about it, I know I would try to grow while inside prison man, food for thought always masticate first.

-S.E.

Muggle

Not necessarily. It means you have paid them some or all of what they will need to begin your representation.

I find retainers a waste of usable cash. Find an attorney or an attorney firm that specializes in the defense of your particular (potentially) criminal activity. Go to them, familiarize yourself, and them with you, then ask how much a particular retainer fee would be. Put that money aside, cash perhaps, then when the sh** hits the fan, get that money to them. Let them know you are a businessman who is prepared financially.

It's always a good idea to impress on your attorneys that you have the ability to pay whether that ability is in the selling of assets, cash or equivalence. Make this part of your interviews so they feel comfortable and eager to take on your defense.

1. The garden comes first when it comes to where the money goes. So when the money is made, expenses come off the top first.

2. KB lives in CA. Weed prices per pound are HALF for him what someone on the East Coast gets if they sell it whole sale. (Whole sale East Coast is 5k, per ounce it's 6400 or more depending on where you live).

3. He has to pay all the overhead for all his places, so he probably doesn't make that much money. Stop picking on him.

If this happened to a lot of people I know who grow, they'd be in the same boat. It takes a long time to get things dialed in, and make a lot of money. He even mentioned that he had a p at his house of bud that wasn't so good that he GIVES AWAY. So even KB has crops that don't come out so well and that he can't even sell at 2K a pound.

4. Mistakes happen!

Any time you switch something up, something bad can happen.

I can tell you about this, b/c with one of our crops, we made some bad decisions with who some stuff went to and lost quite a bit of cash.

With two other crops, we tried switching nutes (Dynagrow), got a bad bottle of it and did horribly. (Everyone that uses it loves it, but frankly we will NOT be switching again, b/c that's a risk we can't afford.)

We had to rethink, hunker down, reinvest and switch things around. There you go, that's HALF A YEAR gone. More, really, b/c we didn't flower for 6 weeks this summer.

And frankly, my hubby is a talented grower. So even the most talented growers can make mistakes, have problems, have something go wrong. And if you're only getting 2k or 2500 per pound, mistakes will hurt twice as bad as they would somewhere where pot sells for twice as much.

The economy sucks, too. A lot of people here might ONLY be growing, and not have another job. Money is tight. Maybe they can't sell their pot as fast as previously or for as much money. Who knows?

Maybe their home needs a lot of work. Maybe all their profits go to keeping their house from falling down around their ears.

Maybe they have old cars that need a lot of repair work.

Maybe they are paying to go to school.

I used to think pot growers were rich and didn't understand why pot cost so much. Now I know. We work, we invest, we spend time thinking and planning. We need the money to take care of things in our lives. The only people making mad loot are the people you see like in "The Union" and most of those people blow all their money living like gangsters and end up getting busted or at the least having to give up growing and then they have no way to make money. The rest of us are making ends meet and living well, but not extravagantly. And that's only for the moment, b/c things can happen to a crop and then you're out of cash for two months, or you get busted or whatever.

It's very simple to judge KB, but that's a simplistic and frankly ignorant judgment to make. And I agree with what JJ said about it being bad karma.

We love and appreciate you KB, and we UNDERSTAND. Anyone who's giving you a hard time obviously just doesn't get it. Pot growing is great and fun and you can do well, but it is NOT that simple . . . . . .

Z

ZENARCADE

This brings up a question maybe someone on here can answer as I've often thought about this......What is the proper etiquette for a consult with a lawyer? Say someone wanted to pay for a few hours time to discuss ones local MJ laws with an attorney...do you call up and say just that? Do you need to retain council before a discussion takes place so its legal/confidential? Obviously one wouldn't just call up and say, "Hi, I grow MJ, got a few questions for ya".

Hope I'm not highjacking with this question but it seems relevant. Still thinking of you Krunch! Hoping for the best for you!

Muggle

This brings up a question maybe someone on here can answer as I've often thought about this......What is the proper etiquette for a consult with a lawyer? Say someone wanted to pay for a few hours time to discuss ones local MJ laws with an attorney...do you call up and say just that? Do you need to retain council before a discussion takes place so its legal/confidential? Obviously one wouldn't just call up and say, "Hi, I grow MJ, got a few questions for ya".
/QUOTE]

This can be tricky for instance the attorney-client privilege does not extend to the fact that a consultation between attorney and client occurred, nor to the general subject matter of the consultation. It protects only the content of the communications in that consultation.

This would best be interpreted to mean that you should hire an attorney at a reduced, consultation rate.

Because that is what you want, a consultation. To feel him/them out, and they you. To discuss openly what your concerns are.

Be businesslike. Call attorneys who specialize in criminal marijuana or drug related defenses. Check with the ACLU and NORML. Explain to them over the phone only that you would like a professional to explain certain laws, how they are prosecuted, etc.

Attorneys aren't dummies, they know growers have serious money.

When you get your hired consultation, then don't speak in specific terms such as:

"Like D0Od I got this mean grow...." :(

Even though an A-C privilege is solid, it can be breached unknowingly in many ways (such as talking about what your attorney told you to someone else...end of A-C confidentiality).

Speak in general terms "If a person is busted for growing MJ,...etc).

Make sure that you end the conversation with a clear understanding of what the retainer is, the hourly fees, how they are billed, how you pay, etc.

Then let him know you liked (if you did) what you heard "If my friends ever need counsel, you'll get their business <wink>"

Stay in touch over the telephone, every month or so. Let him know that his is a preferred counsel, eat a lunch socially...reiterate your financial capabilities, that you stay "liquid" (cash in hand).

Status
Not open for further replies.