What's new

Fuck bics and any other lighter for smoking Bud

RandyMarsh

You guys do realise that they sell soldering iros for like $9 @ home improvment stores right? I have two, my $14 is very compact and has a heat dial...lol.

Read first post dude. Needs to be one with a ceramic element. Most budget home improvement store ones use a wire element.

I have one I could probably use to do this (not hakko, but is ceramic). But I smoke joints almost exclusive. So even a match is tits for me.

i got the 25 watt hakko and i love it its great. After using it i find my self only wanting to some with that and nothing else no more lighters for me unless theres not outlet lol.

soulfly22583

Trust me.. I'm A Professional..
Veteran
I got a hakko last year and do enjoy it. With that being said though I cant say i dont keep a bic in my pocket at all times, cause lets be honest, how many times do you go to your buddies house and he has a hakko laying around? (Mr. Tony you are excluded from that comment as I would assume you have already talked your buddies into getting Hakko's)

One thing I am curious about - what the hell have you all done to your hakko's? Your talking about really long heat up times! I have plugged my hakko in and was able to rip a bowl by the time I leaned up from plugging it in (so whats that, maybe 2 seconds?) to the wall. Im guessing maybe the people who have had their hakko's for a while and they are getting older?

KaptainKhronik

my good friend has a hakko 454 that i use very often, and it is by far the best way to burn. using glass rods requires heating them up everytime with a blue flame. the ceramic tip functions excellently and can be left on for hours on end. I'm ordering myself one this week, they're pretty cheap and well worth the dive.

dopeshow

That's neat and all, but what a PITA. You do know you can cherry a bowl without touching it with the flame right? I don't know if this is a lost skill or what?

And do you also realize that a BIC lighter burns at ~450C... and a cherried bowl burns at about ~700c... so whatever butane does escape from the BIC, it is getting burnt off as the bowl cherries. Not to mention torch lighters which you don't even have to be CLOSE to the bowl to cherry it. And it seems kind of pointless to argue about health when you're smoking the combustion byproducts of plant matter...

As far as taste goes, in all my years of smoking I have never once hit a bowl and said "mmm, butaney" Maybe I've hit a bowl and said "mmm, citrus and spice" or "mmm, orangey" or "mmm, sweet" or sometimes even "ewww, it tastes like dirt, I mean it actually tastes like soil"... but never once did I notice the flavor of butane. Maybe you need to smoke stronger flavored bud? I really don't know, I'm grasping for straws here. I would recommend learning how to light a bowl with a lighter first and see how that goes...

I don't understand why a 20-something (if that) kid thinks he is going to get a holier-than-thou attitude and tell everyone they've been doing it wrong their entire life when they've been inhaling butane burnt cannabis longer than he's been breathing air haha

If you want to get that involved with smoking, just STFU and vape, you probably could have bought a couple vapes with all those brand name bongs you threw money at... but if you're not even going to do that, just STFU and let everyone burn the herb however they see fit without trying to disgrace them on an internet forum...

Just my two cents for the argument

pack a bowl

i used a glass rod today, it's nice how accurate it can be / how you can light it by not even touching the weed if you heat it properly but at the same time the idea of the fumes emitting off the glass don't make up for the butane (health wise) imo and it isn't worth doing it much / going out of your way to do it.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
If you want to get that involved with smoking, just STFU and vape, you probably could have bought a couple vapes with all those brand name bongs you threw money at... but if you're not even going to do that, just STFU and let everyone burn the herb however they see fit without trying to disgrace them on an internet forum...

Just my two cents for the argument

a couple vapes? a volcano is $500 none of those bongs are over $1k. As far as I'm concerned no other vape is worth the money.

dopeshow

a couple vapes? a volcano is $500 none of those bongs are over $1k. As far as I'm concerned no other vape is worth the money.

Multiple bongs + accessories for bongs = 1k+ (I am guessing, I don't know exactly how much you've spent on glass) And the Arizer looks to be almost an exact replica of the Volcano, for 300. So yes, a couple, maybe even a few vapes. Depending on whether you want that name brand or not.

Everyone has personal preference... and everyone has their opinion. But my entire point of this post and my last is that it would serve you well not to make snide comments about other people using lighters (like you did in another thread) and tell them they're doing things wrong. They're doing things different. It isn't your job to police how people burn their herb. It's your job to enjoy your herb and do it without a holier than thou attitude about how exactly you set aflame to cannabis.

As far as I'm concerned.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
I'm not policing anyone. though when some guy tells me his smoke tastes like fruity gum because he shoved his weed in the down stem and suck the lighter into the bowl, I need to call b.s.

dopeshow

I'm not policing anyone. though when some guy tells me his smoke tastes like fruity gum because he shoved his weed in the down stem and suck the lighter into the bowl, I need to call b.s.

You can do essentially what he was describing without going through all that trouble of moving the screen down. Just move the lighter UP. There was no BS in post. For instance when I burned a bowl of Island Sweet Skunk it was sweet, floral heaven. Are you going to call bs on that? Are you going to call bs on every smoke report ever done with a lighter? Are you going to tell all the old heads that when they tell you what the old Colombian used to taste like, they're full of bs because they used a bic? You just can't...

Different strokes for different folks. Just accept there is tasty herb to be tasted regardless of how you light it. (and I still recommend you try practicing with a lighter above the bowl, a few centimeters, don't let the flame touch the bowl, and the bowl will spark... the second it sparks, kill the flame)

That would be me. Here are the ingredients
KaliMist and Satori mixed together.
Vape that then tell me what it taste like.

coldoneror

I like the idea but i think i would have to use with caution. when im really stoned and maybe a lil tipsy this might be a bad idea seeings how i always manage to touch my self with the hot tip of the lighter, If this was the hot tip of a soldering iron i think I might be in a bit more trouble

yea id probly leave it on and it'd burn the house down or something. plus you got ppl comin over and u hand him this rod lookin thing, they are gonna be like wtf is this? gimme a bic, or vape/solar puff of course.

Count another vote for this new lighting method. Taste is definitely a noticebable improvement, and I usually use Lava brand butane in refillable lighters. I would gag trying to finish off a bowl's ashes with lighters, so I'd blow them out, but not anymore. One thing though: I got the $30 model in the first post. It works great but you have to hold it on the weed to light it, then hold it on, because weed does stick to the tip if you pull off right away.

Latest posts

Latest posts