What's new

Fuck bics and any other lighter for smoking Bud

mellofello

Well those vapes sure do look nice but I'm a skint student. Think I'll be sticking to my clipper for now!

Mr. Tony

Veteran
dirkdaddy said:
awesome idea. I remember seeing the makers of vapezilla selling a similar product. just a stupid box with a ceramic heating element sticking out of it and it cost $150. definitely going to get this, thanks.

yeah it's called the Phedor, the hakko works the exact same way.

TwoOhSix! said:
Similar idea to the glass rods you heat up to smoke with, good shit man. Might have to try this

I love using glorods but it take to much time for me to sit there and hot the rod in front of a blow torch. Sometimes I just wanna take a few snaps real quick then head out to the party.

Stoner4Life said:

Good find bro, but I just gots to know.
what's with them skinny assed alien arms?
those your pipes or a friends? someone's
got some bulking up to do.

flame lighter for the cleanest burn when I
use 'Vector Quintuplus' butane, it's been
filtered 5 times and is best for using w/ my
VaporGenie.......

It was a combo of an odd angle and the fact that I am a tall skiny mofo I <3 my metabolism. Yes those are my pipes. I've owned toro straights, toro percs, a plethora of LUX tubes, a hand spun Nate dizzle perc, and some ehle's.

Sorry but your pencil torch isn't even close. no matter how far away you hold it you will still inhale some butane.

What do you smoke out of?

medical_shed said:

Yeah and it's also 6 times more expensive than the hakko iron.

these also work really well with hash

Mr. Tony

Veteran
It's pretty damn safe. it has a pubber ring on it which keeps it from sliding off tables. The ring also elevates the heated tip high enough off the surface you set it on that you can rest it on carpet.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
they have one. though it's only good for 30 minutes.

I find the hakko+ 10ft extension cord=perfection

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
Phedors are pieces of shit, no offense.

Its a ceramic heating device protected with plastic and it plugs into the wall. All that for 150 bucks? I don't think so.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
Yeah but oh man the smoke is so much tastier with a ceramic heater.

fuck glo rods. once the hakko is plugged in it take like 20 seconds for mine to heat up.

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
Yeah, sure it taste better but a ceramic heat rod ain't worth 150 bucks and if you buy one you're being ripped off. The cord on the Phedor is short too. Overall its just a piece of shit product and there's better, cheaper alternatives.

My butane torch comes with a piece that turns it into a soldering iron so you don't even have to plug it in. Just refill the butane whenever necessary. I've only had to refill it a couple times. However, I rarely use the soldering piece and prefer my custom glo rod. It doesn't singe the fuck out my bud as much.

Last edited:

Mr. Tony

Veteran
Yeah I know the phedor isn't worth it...Hence buying the ceramic heated hakko for $30... no refils, no holding glass rods in flames, no butane, no bull shit.

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
You sound like a sales man for Hakko.

Who cares, the important thing is neither of us are inhaling butane.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
dude06version said:
wouldnt the higher quality butane we use for extract taste better?..

Butane is butane, still tastes like shit.

devilgoob said:
Use a fucking laser for god's sake, stop living in the past.

Once I find a cheap dvd burner I will.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Get a stick of at least five millimeter glass rod and get a map gas torch and heat the end of of the stick till it is almost moving hot. Use it to light your bowl and the harder and faster you press the stick the bigger the toke. I prefer eight millimeter rod personally.

D

Don Cotyle

Not a bad idea, back in the early 70's a friend and I build a flameless shotgun corncob pipe out of heavy nicrome wire hooked up in the middle of the pipe, the 2 wires running out the back with a tube from an aquarium pump held in place with a rubber gromet on top, hit the red pressure switch you got ignition and hit the blue pressure switch you got a steady shotgun. We made a small box that held the pump and power cord! it worked well but would need small repairs ever week or so...other than that I worked well...HAHAHAhahaha!!!

Now you can get high and do scarifacation designs too...LOL!

Latest posts

Latest posts