What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
So my dispensary got raided Friday along with the other nine in town. That is why they have been slow. They kind of knew it was coming and were trying to watch their weight real close.

One of the other dispensaries was selling to people without a legal card. He was busted and before he was sentenced he did a article in a local magazine where he lite up some illegal stuff to flaunt to the court. So the dumb ass was raided again with everyone else.

What sucks is that they took my dispensaries cards so they could not reopen till new cards are reissued from the state. Sure they can get the old cards back if they went threw the court system and spent the time fighting. But it will be quicker getting new ones reissued.

And to top this off when I was driving back the last time I hit a deer and totaled my van. But I am ok because the air bags didnt go off. Seriously WTF? I cracked the motor block and they didnt go off.

But get this someone my wife works with gave her a Toyota worth $7,000. I gave her 400 dollars to get plates and they said that was not enough because 6% taxes were $420 if it was in fair condition. It looks damn near mint to me.

I guess I need to hit more deer more often. And realize other people like my wife. Now where is my gun. JK.

Miraculous Meds

So my dispensary got raided Friday along with the other nine in town. That is why they have been slow. They kind of knew it was coming and were trying to watch their weight real close.

One of the other dispensaries was selling to people without a legal card. He was busted and before he was sentenced he did a article in a local magazine where he lite up some illegal stuff to flaunt to the court. So the dumb ass was raided again with everyone else.

What sucks is that they took my dispensaries cards so they could not reopen till new cards are reissued from the state. Sure they can get the old cards back if they went threw the court system and spent the time fighting. But it will be quicker getting new ones reissued.

And to top this off when I was driving back the last time I hit a deer and totaled my van. But I am ok because the air bags didnt go off. Seriously WTF? I cracked the motor block and they didnt go off.

But get this someone my wife works with gave her a Toyota worth $7,000. I gave her 400 dollars to get plates and they said that was not enough because 6% taxes were $420 if it was in fair condition. It looks damn near mint to me.

I guess I need to hit more deer more often. And realize other people like my wife. Now where is my gun. JK.

Crazy times eh? Sucks for the PC's.

Sorry to hear bout ur van too.:comfort:

Now I don't get why u had to pay that much tax if it was a gift?

Also someone just giving ur wife a 7k vehicle is a head scratcher. that's very generous, but I would have some questions. She must do a hell of a good job, or that's one hell of a friendly friend.

Did u keep the deer meat? Already been tenderized!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Well it was a husband and wife who gave it to her. They wanted a bigger car because they are going to have a third kid.

The state makes you pay a sales tax on the value of the car if it was not a family member. Crazy but that is how they do it. I think it has to do with to many people not claiming what they actually paid. I dont feel bad paying just the tax for a car though.

A guy missing a whole bunch of teeth and a truck full of kids asked if he could have it. He looked poor as hell so he got it. It was pretty scrawny too.

Foreman000

Good things happen to Ichabod because he is a good person. I've met him in person and he's just a likable guy. Comes around goes around. Life's a wheel. He'll be bitchin about something else next week. Give lemons & lookout for the lemonade. Anyway give me a beer. I'm Irish as a mutha today. Have a great day people. You too Ich.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Likeable maybe if you are not Bambi. If you are Bambi then expect sever violence to be brought down like the wrath of god.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lemme get my seat right up front.
I agree with you on the sog vs scrog. A good scrog can be equal to a good sog when done right.

This air layering technique has saved my ass recently. I couldnt get anything to clone for shit.

On with the show!

:tiphat:

ok if ol' Doc Diesel showed up.....well then..I'm all ears (actually only on pg 2 and I am fascinated.)

picture.php

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"For those who dont know what we mean by lower numbers follow along for a minute. I live in a state that lets me grow legally. But they put a limit on the number of plants I can have. By air layering I can cut out all the numbers that I have cloning. " Ichabod Crane..

OMG....light bulb MOMENT...I just got it Ichy and my plant count will be 12 but it might all change in November possibly...:wallbash:

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
That shit is crazy about cracking the block and the air bags didn't go off. Did the bumper not get smashed in? Like the deer hit above the bumper? Only reason I can think the air bags didn't go off, besides if the were faulty.

What's even crazier is that dispo selling to people without a card. Is that a common occurrence around your parts? I always wondered if shit like that went down, and know I know, lol.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
That shit is crazy about cracking the block and the air bags didn't go off. Did the bumper not get smashed in? Like the deer hit above the bumper? Only reason I can think the air bags didn't go off, besides if the were faulty.

What's even crazier is that dispo selling to people without a card. Is that a common occurrence around your parts? I always wondered if shit like that went down, and know I know, lol.

I think it did hit above the bumper and missed it completely. But I cant check because it is most likely crushed and gone by now.

That one dispensary broke the law and they knew that they were breaking the law. He is going to jail for that. But he got all the dispensaries raided. And now my dispensary is not opening back up. So I have to find another to work with. Which sucks because they are clickish and will take some time to get in with another.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
learned alot on this thread Ichy, thanks! will keep this technique in mind and try it in the future

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
learned alot on this thread Ichy, thanks! will keep this technique in mind and try it in the future

I use the air layering in my vert. I still have to veg for a bit because I flower 6 to 7 foot plants. But for a flat fast scrog this seems ideal. I am happy to see you got something from my fumbling around.

Rooibard

Hmm that just brings out question how big can one actually airlayer... What if u used plant yoyo or yoyos to support a massive branch of a mother.. Like 3-4ft atleast.. Or like vert screen to really support. For vert one could save weeks of vegging:2cents:

Peace

The Revolution

Veteran
Ive always wanted to try airlayer propagation. I learned this technique almost two decades ago, and have yet to try it. Makes complete sense this is an improvement in filing a room to flower especially a scrog or very grow. Much faster turn around in any grow, really. Thanks for sharing your information and techniques, much appreciated! One question, the tail that's left behind, after removing the rooted layer from the plant.. Does this cause issues after planting? Rot, etc? Is 9 days the average time you wait after initial wrap to removing, and planting? I lied, I have more than 1 question... Do you use any type of rooting hormone? Do you cut into the stem or just scuff it up?
Also, I apologize if this info is here, if so, I've overlooked it.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Ive always wanted to try airlayer propagation. I learned this technique almost two decades ago, and have yet to try it. Makes complete sense this is an improvement in filing a room to flower especially a scrog or very grow. Much faster turn around in any grow, really. Thanks for sharing your information and techniques, much appreciated! One question, the tail that's left behind, after removing the rooted layer from the plant.. Does this cause issues after planting? Rot, etc? Is 9 days the average time you wait after initial wrap to removing, and planting? I lied, I have more than 1 question... Do you use any type of rooting hormone? Do you cut into the stem or just scuff it up?
Also, I apologize if this info is here, if so, I've overlooked it.

All your questions but one are answered in the thread in detail with pictures and descriptions.

The one that is not is the stem piece at the bottom. I dont know if it rots but I suspect it does not. My guess is that the bark does but not the center.