What's new

From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog

Budley Doright

Veteran
Well anytime you meet behind the dumpster at 7-11 and trade Boones Farm for a clone I think you are getting the real deal for sure.

One thing that really bugged me about the clone....

The guy had a gallon jug of avid in his van.......

I figure even if its a fake....I sure have made some nice trades for that one.....:biggrin:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I read this thread, pretty much everyday... Usually so high that I can't think of anything sensical to say.. I bet I'd get an 80% on the test... But only if it's multiple choice.

Sorry it is not multiple choice. You must draw everything out in picture form. Since I suck at grammer. And spelling as well.

Phases

oooheee, looking beautiful Ichabod. Those are looking like some nice healthy girls, and nice looking buds for just 29 days old, can't wait to see them fatten right up!!

Unclecrash

I think it is amazing how fast the roots come while still attached to the mother. Just a few days till they are well established from when they first show.

I think its amazing how you get them roots to blow out of there thw way you soak them with nute water and they dont seem to mind . I have had good luck with grabbing a handful of coco and squeeze almost as much ourt as I can with one hand and thats where I get quick roots, maybe its the b1 and the dip and grow. Im going to try and replicate what your doing when I get a few bucks to get some dipand grow what coco you run ?

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I think its amazing how you get them roots to blow out of there thw way you soak them with nute water and they dont seem to mind . I have had good luck with grabbing a handful of coco and squeeze almost as much ourt as I can with one hand and thats where I get quick roots, maybe its the b1 and the dip and grow. Im going to try and replicate what your doing when I get a few bucks to get some dipand grow what coco you run ?

GH, Botanicare, Roots Organic. What ever block is at the store. I dont use bagged. To afraid of the bugs they come with.

I hope it works as well for you as me.

Unclecrash

Im not doing to bad . I got roots on 3 or 4 I clipped the first off and tore it up trying to get the plastic off. Not a good enough root ball. It did survive. I will post a couple pics later or tomorrow. I need to get them going so im not in transition to flower now she is slowed down going back to veg . I defeated the purpose, but still fun to do.:biggrin:

Unclecrash

Here are a few pics of my first and second airlayers. The tahoe exploded with roots. last pic is the Tahoe I just cut about 2 weeks old toppling over the month old clones. I will post one I cannot make up my mind if I want to just let it ride out its life attacked to her mother the bud is the best one on the plant. its like the double feedings are boosting her up. I been feeding both at the mother roots and the new airlayer .

Last edited:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Next time you remove one try spreading the cut down the side while also pushing up on the stem at the bottom. This may help.

Also if you can find a bottle that has as small as possible any indents that are of a larger diameter than the top edge of the bottom bottle piece where the roots grow at.

Unclecrash

Its a big one have not measured it yet but I would say its about 20inch airlayer cannot make up my mind to cut it loose.:tiphat: Hats off to you and buddley. I guess I should tell you if you cannot make out its the bud to the left of the fan follow it down:dance013:

Last edited:

Phases

How big would you recommend the mother be before air layering clones? Can you do a bunch of smaller ones as well or is it better to just do one big one ??

Top.Shelf

Looking good Ichabod, nice colas forming there. I can see what you mean about letting them get longer, but I think you'll still be pulling a good a crop from these lot :tiphat:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
How big would you recommend the mother be before air layering clones? Can you do a bunch of smaller ones as well or is it better to just do one big one ??

When the branch you clone is to small it will break off. It will be difficult to strip the outside as well. It is my intent to get a large clone that will cut down on the time it takes to reach the size I need to flower. There by reducing the number of plants I have in veg and using this reduced number in flower instead. This is a huge benefit for people with plant count limits.

Unclecrash

I found you need a good stout stem to work with so you dont break it. 1/4 inch or better by the time you peel the green layer it can get dicey. Nice solid stem works good. You can layer a bunch on the plant if you want . I like 3 or 4 ft

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Looking good Ichabod, nice colas forming there. I can see what you mean about letting them get longer, but I think you'll still be pulling a good a crop from these lot :tiphat:

I hope it is a good pull. Would kind of look like a chump if not. haha. On the left side some of the colas are good size. In the back right it is a little thin though.

But hey it is my first flat grow ever.

Will be getting some pictures up tomorrow of the screen.

Unclecrash

I hope it is a good pull. Would kind of look like a chump if not. haha. On the left side some of the colas are good size. In the back right it is a little thin though.

But hey it is my first flat grow ever.

Will be getting some pictures up tomorrow of the screen.

I did one low scrog in my one veg box and found it to be a pain to get under to clean it out. I like the setup you run vert. I might have to try it some time. My Purplewreck is real viney and will work good for it.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I did one low scrog in my one veg box and found it to be a pain to get under to clean it out. I like the setup you run vert. I might have to try it some time. My Purplewreck is real viney and will work good for it.

Yes my vert is much easier to work on. Perfect if you have back problems. I like a stiffer stem for my vert. Something like Agent Orange is good. Stuff like ECSD tends to be floppy and flimsy. Makes it hard to train. I can run it but it is much more difficult to work with.

I am thinking of doing another run with a different screen next time. I have not decided yet if I will. I have to check my picture count. Between this thread and my vertical scrog thread I dont want to erase pictures. To many people would be upset and it would be a terrible loss for the site. At least I think so.

Latest posts

Latest posts