What's new

From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Last week I posted a picture of the best Bruce Banner #3 clone from a cutting. It was about 18 inches tall. Here it is.

This is the best Bruce Banner #3. It is about 25 inches tall.

Here is the root ball for the 25 inch Bruce Banner #3.

Here is the second best Bruce Banner #3 clone from a clone. It is about 24 inches tall.

And here is its root ball.

So I would guess that the clones from cuttings are about where the clones from air layers are where when potted up. The clones from cuttings put on about 7 inches in height this week. They have a larger root mass than the air layers did. They are a little shorter and less full. But you can never say for sure if they are equal but it is my opinion they are close.

That said it looks like it took about 4.5 weeks to catch the air layers.

I will get some more pictures up tonight of the scrog. Today is day 28 of flower and I am sure that they are done stretching.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
The light just turned on so I have some new pictures.

The first up is the scrog screen. This is at day 28 of flower.

Next is a under shot from the left side.

Last is a under shot from the front.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Start mouthing off about how whack soil mineralization and AEA are. You'll have argument central in a mo.

Still quietly lurking ;)

Foreman000

I'm hoping to try this before I stick my next four into flower off those 4. Hats off to you for taking the time to do side by side & share the results. Everything looks great on both of em. Have you done a horizontal grow before? Yours looks as good as any I've seen in same situation. Are you done with horizontal after this spearmint?:biggrin:

Phases

Canopy is looking nice and full - what did you say you are running in that setup and how many plants under that trellis ?

Those Bruce B's are coming along nice - I can't wait to try out that air layering technique - gotta get my moms a little bigger tho - just flipped my two giant old moms -

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I'm hoping to try this before I stick my next four into flower off those 4. Hats off to you for taking the time to do side by side & share the results. Everything looks great on both of em. Have you done a horizontal grow before? Yours looks as good as any I've seen in same situation. Are you done with horizontal after this spearmint?:biggrin:

Yes this is my first horizontal grow. Looks good i pictures but it is a little thin in the back right side. When I trim it up you might be able to see it better. But I may pull some branches over to fill in.

I may do another horizontal grow. Was thinking I may give them 2 to 2.5 weeks veg next time and individual screens But with four plants instead. I dont know yet if I will. Will see how this turns out and if people want to burn me at the stake for under performing.

That said my real money is in my vert grows. This is like a hobby type thing. Just for shits and giggles.

Canopy is looking nice and full - what did you say you are running in that setup and how many plants under that trellis ?

Those Bruce B's are coming along nice - I can't wait to try out that air layering technique - gotta get my moms a little bigger tho - just flipped my two giant old moms -

There are 5 plants in a x pattern. The two back and the center plants are Bruce Banner #3. The two front plants are Death Star. The whole canopy from the out side of the pipes is 44 inches square. The light is a 600 watt hps.

You should try the air layering. I like it. A little more work in the start but you are trading that for about 4 weeks of growth. Thats four weeks of work which makes air layering less work in the long run. Not to mention the reduced plant count and quicker turn over.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Did so clean out tonight. I trimmed about 3.5 to 4 gallons of buds and leaves.

And this is what it looks like from the left under the scrog screen now.

And from the front of the screen. Under the scrog screen and then above the screen.

And one last shoot with a quart jar in the canopy for size comparison.

I am sticky and itchy up past my elbows. The Bruce Banner #3 smells fruity. Makes my fat ass hungry. And speaking of fat, getting under a 14.5 inch high screen was a pain in the big fat ass.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
One last thing. Tonight in the feed I added 1 teaspoon of MKP to the 5 gallon bucket. Still have a gallon and a half to give them of that. Will mix it in with tomorrows watering.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I have to confess. I made a mistake in the above post. So some of you are like what the hell dude. You cant just admit you made a mistake your a guy we dont make mistakes. But it is true.

And what is more of the two of you reading this thread neither of you caught it. I must be that boring.

Well on with it then. If you look at the pictures you will notice the stake colors dont match. That means one only grew 6 inches and the other over 7 inches in the last week.

I didnt change the picture so you can see. Just look at the picture of the plant from last week and compare it to the plant pictures from this week.

Yes I am a half ass poster. It is obvious to the casual observer that clearly I am not on my game.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Hey man I just like reading this thread I didn't know there was gonna be a test at the end. That's some bull$&)! WTF

Shit we are getting tested? I need to set up a study group. I really need to pay attention to the stake colors and things like that.

Hey Nice V Man, GL :tiphat:

Thanks. Just thought it would be fun to try some thing a little different.

Better study up. Heard it is going to be a tuff test. That is some bull shit about no smoking in class.

Budley Doright

Veteran
I am sticky and itchy up past my elbows. The Bruce Banner #3 smells fruity.

I love the smell of banner.... funny I wish I had a better idea if its the real deal bb3...... I like it.... its a keeper in my book....

but I dont know it its real bb3....

I do lean towards thinking it is....

Since the source of the clone was a bit sketchy....I cant help but wonder....

mowood3479

Veteran
I read this thread, pretty much everyday... Usually so high that I can't think of anything sensical to say.. I bet I'd get an 80% on the test... But only if it's multiple choice.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Well anytime you meet behind the dumpster at 7-11 and trade Boones Farm for a clone I think you are getting the real deal for sure.

Latest posts

Latest posts