What's new

*Friends in Ganja Grow Show* Featuring Mr.Postman, Tbug, MeltingPOT

bigscoot

legal medical grower got my card & paper work 2 pr
Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TBug again.
thats all i can say o yea frosty
peace

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
^^ Hehe I got the same message, when I tried to +rep tbug.. You must be doing something right bro;)

On another note, I'm going to be making some changes to the tent today.. I noticed that with the plants so close to the cooltube this run that I'm not getting as much light into the corners of the tent as I'd like.. To correct this somewhat I'm planning to hang a couple cfl's down into each of the corners, and since I've always been a stickler for full-spectrum lighting I may infact go with daylight/blue 6500k or bright/white 4500k cfl's for this application. The smallest bulbs I'd use would add ~208watts, and ~13600Lumens to the tent. I know the depot is carrying some large 65-watters these days, so I'm going to look into those as well... Not sure of the spectrum on those larger 65watters, or how efficient they're compared to running 2 smaller cfl bulbs, but I'll let you all know what I come up with later today...

Considering I've ran this exact tent set-up before with a 400watt cmh, and a few cfl's and did alright (yield wise), I'm hopeing that this run with the digital 600watt Hortilux super hps, and additional cfls will be that much nicer:rasta: Now if only the plants were 1.5-2ft shorter it woulda been perfect LOL..

Last edited:

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
The additional lighting worked out nicely I'm thinking.. Made for much more even coverage in the tent that is for sure, and the over-all color of the lighting with the daylights added is much more pleasing to the eye.. Hopefully the plants will be as happy with the changes as I am hehe.. I ended up adding 2-cfls to 3 corners of the tent using those Y adapters... Leaving the corner with the 2 fans to move as cool air as possible (since the bulb is slightly off-center in the cooltube that corner gets adequate light cover anyway).. Adding the cfls added about 2degrees to the tent, but I'm still well within safe grow room parameters as far as that goes.. Buds which were once in the dark on one side are now getting hit with light from both sides, so I can't see this being anything but a good thing in the end:rasta:

Last edited:

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
RobotWD- All my plants are crammed under one 600watter...the WD is probably a 18" from the bulb...maybe even 2ft...she's pretty short, I was expecting more of a Diesel stretch from her...Peace!

Welcome SuperPedro!

MPOST!!!!!!!!!! yer 1/4th the way there bro!!!!! Fucking ideal run eh?
That coco FNB CaLMg tomato cage ECSD formula is pretty sick bro, you are slowly becoming my idol...The WD smells like my SourIBL, real deal Diesel, that's for fuck sure. If you say she smokes a lil' lemony, she may replace my SourIBL for her lack of any funny business (male parts)...She looks like a winner, she's growing into some pretty good nugs for a 1 gallon pot...I'll get pics up soon hombre.

TBuG! Those TW's are gooooey man...real pale nugs, at least from the #2...That is one great shot of that WDix bro, super coated fans on her...Do you still have yer ChemS running at all?

FTR...My ECSD came down tonight, I'll have pics up soon......I'll double check, but I think she went 80+.

Last edited:

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Oh just wait MP... I have plans for a Sunhut xxl in my future... Double the floor space, and not to mention a whole nother foot of hieght in those tents too LMAO.

Not sure wether I'm going to run supersun2's with 3x 600's, or 2x 1000 digitals just yet, though I know I'm going to be cooling those lights seperate from the tent, and venting those jammy jams up into the attic.. What do you guys suggest for that kinda space? I'm leaning towards the 3x 600's only because with 3 lights I'll have better coverage of the space, wont need to keep the reflectors as high off the canopy to cover the full space, and will have room to work with the spectrum a bit if I chose... Running two hps's on the ends with a mh in the middle...

2x 4x4 ebb/flow trays, 2x reservoirs, 2x pumps, a hefty 8in vortex for the can66/50 scrubber and cooling the tent, 2x 6in duct booster fans to help the passive intake along, lots of coco, lots of pots, lots of nutrients, and lots of fucking luck will complete my order thank you:rasta:

what size reservoirs do ya'll think I'd need for those tables? I'm wanting to run a recirculating drip or ebb/flow... Was thinking 2x 40gallon reservoirs....

Awesome to hear the wdix is treating you both nicely. I honestly love the smell/flavor on that plant. I get a really nice n strong lemon-pine smell/flavor from her mostly. Stink a room up strong LOL.... I honestly can't say that I've never seen her throw a few balls myself. Late flower during the flush usually. Nothing serious... It's VERY possible I'm just letting her go a lil past prime ripeness. I heard that the sourdiesel needed to go 75-80days or the high was short lived, so I always tended to give her a lil extra time in flower.. The fact that you guys have seen none of that is true testement to how tight you both keep your gardens IMO..
If you like it, those seeds maybe worth your while;) I selected this plant outta 4 ix females, so the possibility of finding something better is great IMO. I found all those plants worth growing.... this one just edged it out in the smell/flavor department..

Looking forward to those ecsd pics bro..

Last edited:

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Things are going swimmingly:) Plants look healthy over-all, and the buds are just starting to look good... I think it'll be time to break out a lil trainwreck pollen soon;) Nothing major, just going to hit a few buds here and there on one the ecsd plants, and collect me some ECSD x trainwreck bx1 seeds... I really think this cross should work out nicely... When I look at the two varieties next to each other, what one lacks, the other seems to more then make up for structurally speaking... The ecsd taller, lanky, sparse budded for its size, longer flowering, while the tw bx1 is relatively short, tight noded, profuse brancher-bushy with quicker flower times.. Bag appeal looks to be on sky high on both. Smell-flavor-high it's all there IMO.. Hopefully they'll combine well... A nice sour diesel dom flavor, increased resin production of the wreck, and a more productive growth structure and flower time seems like it'd be golden:2cents: IMHO...

As far as the lighting goes, I did end up adding the other 2 additional cfl's to the fourth corner of the tent.. So right now I have the 600watt hps, and ~208wattt of cfl adding supplemental daylight down into the corners of the tent... Adding the lights brought my temps up to ~83degrees, but considering those temps are being reached on a leaf surface midday within a foot of the ceiling, and within inches of the 600watt cooltube, I take it my ventilation is working nicely.. Ambient temps in the tent are prolly a few degrees cooler in fact.. The temps run higher then average in the location my tent is at to begin with, so it's always been something I dealt with... I sure as hell wouldn't have been able to pull this off during the summer months, but for right now it's working out alright... I certainly am not planning for another overgrow anytime soon though LMAO. I made a promise to myself that from now on I'm going to keep veg times shorter, even if it means adding a few more plants to fill the space... I know the routine, I just need to put it into practice... Now that I got the hydro nutes/feeding in the coco medium figured out a bit better, I'm sure next grows will be much smoother with either the gh flora or nova:rasta: I see some benefit in having both on hand, and will try some different things down the road for sure..

I'll get some pics up later on this evening...

Last edited:
I

idoreallytry

hey i wish i would have found this earlier wow some sweet strains grown by some fantastic growers,,,tagged peace

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
~24days into flower, and the Trainwreck bx1 is smelling as lovely as always... The ECSD is smelling as I expected she would actually;) I knew there was something dominant and great about the smell of the wonder diesel's I've been growing/crossing for a while, and for sure some of that is the sour diesel in those genetics... I'm excited to find all the qualities that made ECSD such a well known, and loved smoke... Unwatered down ECSD:woohoo:

Trainwreck bx1 #4
picture.php

picture.php

ECSD
picture.php

picture.php

My Fucking Overgrown Tent!!
picture.php

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
First off....Yer garden is out of control MPOST!!! damn...

Over here I have camera issues, the ECSD is jarred and really funky...The WonderDiesel ix is about to get it's first flush...I'll assume she's around 55days....Trainwreck #4 still hasn't begun to flower, she'll be in as of this week...

Here is some cured TW#2 up close and personal.
picture.php

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
It's a friggen jungle in there for sure MP.

The crazy ass perfectionist in me can't take the mess anymore!!! The lazy ass optimus in me says it is what it is:joint: Most likely more then we can smoke in a few months time anyway..... It'll do:rasta: Sure I'm gonna get some nice buds outta there when all is said and done

I gotta get me one of those things ur using for the macros MP.. What is it anyway? Those cheapy radio shack handhelds can be a real bitch to use. Not to mention I haven't seen an eye doctor in 5yrs and am probabably blind from all the uvb rays LMAO... The pic is off a dry bud right? Looks a lil early for my liking, but I tend to let my plants run longer. I aim for mostly cloudy trichs on the live plant, and end up with a good amount amber by the time it's dried up.. I'd like to use a scope like that, and check out how the trichs change from live to dried sample....

Last edited:

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is a BioniCam toy...it's like a digital camera toy that magnifies things up to 400x...I got it on ebay for $40+shipping...Somewhere on here I saw a thread on it and I decided to give it a go...well worth it...
That is dried bud yeah, #2 TW...She was cut a lil early for sure...her light colored hairs make it hard to tell and I didn't have any type of loop to check her trichs...she smells something fierce...
Bro, I can only imagine that your garden is going to work out just fine...

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
I'm gonna add one of those onto the "Big kids;)" Christmas list this year hehe.... That's a kick ass tool for our hobby. The fact you put that shit on the pc, zoom-in etc., makes it a must have...

The garden is coming along.. I'm sure it'll all work out in the end.. 600+watts is a lot of light to have close to that many buds LOL. It's gotta be good for something... Not sure how much penetration I'm going to get down though the thick canopy, but being early, and seeing the branches/buds sites starting fill out with some nice buds is resuring me.... Another couple weeks and I'm sure I'll be :rasta::woohoo:

Yeah that tw smell is certainly unique.. Today I had the task of pulling 100's of seeds outta some left-over buds I had from that seed run I did a lil while back.. Once I started breaking up the buds/resin glands a bit the smell was extremely strong. My hands/clothes/everything reeked by the time I was done. I'm really partial to the scents/flavors of those tw's and the diesel's though.. My garden should always stink this nice IMO;)

Last edited:

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
High post! Wow, plants are lookin good tho! I feel ya on the "cluster fuck" feeling...lol. Kinda creeps up you spine...lol. makes for bad pics too...lol.
I really enjoy the ECSD smoke. the flavor/smootheness and high is outstanding. not a sleepy buzz, tho. So i end up capping it off with some chembog to end the evening...lol. ZZzzz...
Great plans on the new tent, i may need to shift to that sorta thing myself. I hate to cuz i finally got my whole opperation tuck away and hidden from view.

High pot! is that the one that connect straight to the TV? I have one of them, but idk how to get it from the TV to the pc...lol.

All is well in the garden. im quite over grown my damn self. I gotta take back some of the bad things i said about the #4. Well, i still dont like the unrulely growth pattern. but its puttin on some weight here down the streatch, and i do like the flavor/effect a lil more that the #2.
If i can get some decent pics, ill throw em up!

The coco garden is unhappy, i think im feeding too much. leafs a lil wilty dry and crispy on the ends. i flushed it and cut the dose down, so we'll see. See...told ya post...lol. idk, iwas trying to match your recipe. maybe its a matter of delivery methods? are you still hand feeding?

Thanks all and peace, bugout

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
High post! Wow, plants are lookin good tho! I feel ya on the "cluster fuck" feeling...lol. Kinda creeps up you spine...lol. makes for bad pics too...lol.
I really enjoy the ECSD smoke. the flavor/smootheness and high is outstanding. not a sleepy buzz, tho. So i end up capping it off with some chembog to end the evening...lol. ZZzzz...
Great plans on the new tent, i may need to shift to that sorta thing myself. I hate to cuz i finally got my whole opperation tuck away and hidden from view.

I'll tell ya, I get that feeling all to often Tbug. To many electrical lines, to much mess, and to much stress... I happen to be a perfectionist, who was born with two left hands, and no fucking patience. Pretty much doomed to a life of sudden outbursts of rage:wallbash: I'm prolly the poster boy for Xannex, Prozac, and Chemdog LMAO :joint:

IF your looking into the tents, check out the sun-hut brand.. Like I said an extra foot of hieght in those tents at 7ft. They also have thicker canvas walls, heavier duty zippers, and stronger frame work... Basically, I can rip a darkroom tent to shreds with my bare hands, those sun-huts not so much;) They'd prolly do a good job at passing the rage test LMAO. Only reason I can't use them here is because of the drop ceiling in my grow area... The 6ft darkrooms just make it in the room as it is....

Awesome news on the smokes bro... ECSD is sounding really NICE.. Can't wait to try some for myself. I know recently I switched from smoking mostly c99/Blueberry, and got high as fuck when I switched back to smoking the wonder diesel ix... I cut that one a lil late last time, and the effects are both heady, and narcotic.

The trainwreck #4 is pretty descent with yield IMO.. Not so much big idica type colas, but that plant buds up nicely from top to bottom... Even the popcorn buds which don't get much light end up covered in trichs, pretty dense, and worth smoking.. It's just the growth/bushiness which can be hard to handle indoors. I bet a 1000w of full spectrum lighting would do em some justice though... That one really needs some pruning down low if your looking to get the most yield outta them IME... I felt the #2 had the better growth structure, but I found the flavor/scent of the #4 to be more unique.. Unlike anything I've smelt/smoked prior... I do have quite a bit of seed if your ever interested in looking for something similar but better down the line... I crossed both the #2 & #4 keepers with thier 3 sibling males to keep as much diversity as possible in the seeds.. I'm sure there has gotta be better lurking in those seeds for sure... Not to mention H3ads upcomming release of the traiwreck bx2 which I'll be getting my hands on as soon as they are finished :rasta: Next grow will most likely be some of those Reservoir seeds I have though.. Chem4 x chemdog, c99 x chemdog, sfv ogkush x chemdog, Dj's blueberry x chemdog etc etc... I'm in need of a high quality production plant, so the chem4 x chemdog may get the nod for next run...

Last edited:

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Took some pics of the plants today... I'm 28days into flower today, and get the feeling they are not producing as well as they should.. What do you guys think for day 28?? Not so much the trainwreck... She always grows like that LOL, but being new to the ecsd not sure if she's up to par for 28...

By the looks of the plants it looks like I overfed the ecsd a bit.. Looks a lil to green IMO, like they may be getting to much nitrogen, and magnesium?? I dropped the cal/mag I was feeding them a couple days ago when I noticed, and I'm thinking about feeding the flora bloom at 9ml for a few days till they use up some of the extra N/mag (what I'd currently be feeding if I followed Rez's regimen) and then going back to the floranova bloom through mid flower.. I'm thinking its to early to pull the n from the ecsd completely, but a few days without may do her some good

28days in the Trainwreck is stinking the place up... So far from the ecsd im getting something like lemon skittle aroma with some earthy pungency to it... Real nice IMO:smile:

Trainwreck bx1 #4
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ECSD
picture.php

don't mind that leaf... It had a run in with a cfl LOL
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Earthy lemon Skittles is perfect bro...She will get hungrier for sure so don't worry about overfeeding, as I know you flush well...Those TW's look great, real top heavy structure is cool...

TBuG! That thingy doesn't need to plug into yer TV bro...it comes with a USB thingy and using it in picture mode doesn't require a TV...it was kinda hidden in the packaging, hope you didn't throw it out! Glad you enjoy the smoke of the Diesel, if you get a chance to throw a jar away for a good cure, DO IT!!! I can see how you need to reach for Chem to knock you out, funny I reach for Rez's Sour Diesel to do that for me...

Keep up the good work and journalism you niTwiTs!:nanana:

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Awesome bro... I was lil worried bout how dark she was looking, but hell you know her better then I LOL.. Everything looks very green when next to the trainwreck hehe.....

Your right though, she still has a ways to go.. I'm sure the next couple weeks will be interesting:) Can't wait for the fflluusshhh....

I can see how you need to reach for Chem to knock you out, funny I reach for Rez's Sour Diesel to do that for me...
Gotta love that shit... We all find what works.. Different strokes for different folks... Then again If ten cups of coffee a day wont keep ya up... nothing will LMAO.. Need to find me a haze, or some loco mexicana. Maybe cut that thai lookin diva a lil earlier;)

Last edited:

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
The ECSD usually look dark compared to most strains, yes... they look really healthy, great job mate !

don t worry for the big buds, they will come !!!

see ya

++