What's new

*Friends in Ganja Grow Show* Featuring Mr.Postman, Tbug, MeltingPOT

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
I messed around with the nutrient calculator a bit today to see what exactly I was feeding my ladies.

Heads/Rez's modified lucus formula. gh flora 6micro/9bloom
N 97
p 60
k 105
mg 40
S 27
ca 97

floranova bloom 5mil + 2.5mil of cal/mag+ per gallon
N 92
P 69
K 115
mg 48
S 40
Ca 101

floranova bloom at 5mil per gallon
N 79
P 69
k 115
mg 40
s 40
ca 79

Last edited:

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:laughing: Smarty Pants...lmao.
Looks like you've worked out a good FNB mix there broskie...You gonna use any type of PK boost when flowering begins?

Here's my Wonder Diesel...probably 35ish days???
picture.php

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
:laughing: Smarty Pants...lmao.
Looks like you've worked out a good FNB mix there broskie...You gonna use any type of PK boost when flowering begins?

Haha you like those skillz huh MP hehe? And to think It only took me a year or more of running hydro nutes to finally venture to the site and figure it all out for myself LMAO

As far as the a pk boost.. Yes sir, I plan to give them a good shot of the liquid koolbloom right at the onset of flower, and then run it for a week or so for a good mid-late flower slam...

Bro the wonder diesel looks killer. She must be smelling lovely right bout now..

wick.96 Good to have ya along for the journey bro.. Glad your digging the grow show so far..

Mountain High

Veteran
yo guys, all your ladies are lookin most excellent! this tread is sweet... very cool idea and fun to follow. pretty cool to watch the same strains grow side by side but in different gardens with different growers and your own methods. i'll be back for sure.

oregon_guy

Damn nice grow show you have here guys. Thanks for sharing the info on the Nova nutes as well MP. I switched over to the FN line a couple grows back but I have been using the both the grow and bloom + additives. Not sure if all of them are worth the extra expense. I may try just using the bloom and cal mag some day.

:joint:

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Mountain High Thanks for stopping in bro.. Glad your enjoying the lil joint effort we're putting on here..

Oregon Guy Whatup my brotha.. Good to see ya made it to the show.. Give the fnb a shot, I can't say using the bloom bottle only is the best way to go, but so far I really cant complain as the plants are looking happy.. I'll be using some gh additives as well.. I'm Going to start dosing them with koolbloom in about a week, and I do have some floralicious bloom left over from last run which I may also use on the ladies...

Looks like you've been busy with all those grow shows in ur sig:)

Update on the garden They are now a week or so into flower and everything is looking as good as I coulda hoped for.. I did end up having to gift the wonder diesel plant to make rooms for the others... I hate loosing a plant, but in the end I know my yield woulda suffered by having them all jammed in there.. Right now the 5 plants look like they'll fit perfectly.. I"m just now getting a few calyx/hairs on the ecsd. In about another week I'll be going in and cleaning out a lot of the undergrowth that's getting blocked out from the light so the plant can put all it's engergy into the top dominant colas.. The tomato cages look like they'll end up being a big help, and are ending up being a possitive change to the garden. They are holding everything up nicely so far anyway..

Here are the ladies today at ~8days flower
picture.php

picture.php

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow...we are about to witness something major. Those gals are ready to explode MPosT....

oregon_guy

Thanks Post,
Yeah I have been keeping pretty busy with the tents lately. I switched from soil/Foxfarm to a soilless/FN nutes a few grows back. I have noticed a better aroma and taste since doing so.

Keep up the great work guys!!

:joint:

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
High Post! Those look exactly as expected..lol. Now, my concern is that they will streach too much. Do you think you will have room? they look real good though. Ive noticed my plant looking much better since ive upped the dosage of the fnb. So ithink I was starving them a lil'.

High pot! I think those look asome for 35 days. The first run I did with the ix, the buds seemed fluffy. never really got solid. But like isaid I prolly starved them and they were under the 400w. Im seeing an improvement this time around.

High all! Well, gotta love the way the TW just piles on the trics..lol. These plants are coated...
aDSCN8834.JPG

aDSCN8833.JPG

With the use of the flash, you can really see her shine..
aDSCN8862.JPG

A nice profile of the WD original. She did not work her way up int the sweet spot of the light as I had hoped. So her future is uncertain...
aDSCN8864.JPG

The screen is pretty full. almost too full, but still manageable.
aDSCN8852.JPG

The TW #4 (What I call #4/may have mixed them up) is streaching like CRAZY. Ive come to the conclusion that it can not be contained in that aero system. If i grow it again itll be coco only..lol.
Peace all, bugout

Last edited:

bigscoot

legal medical grower got my card & paper work 2 pr
Veteran
lookin killer in here MP,misterP,T-bug
misterP im diggin this fnb only thing been readin up on this the last few dayz i think i'll give it a try
peace all

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
O-G That's the second time I heard of there being an increase in aroma/flavor after switching to the Fnova.. Meltinpot had told me before I started that one of his better runs with Fnova and molasses in promix.. I'm not growing in promix this run, but it's still good news IMO.. Hopefully I'll end up noticing some of those benefits in the coco..

T-bug I was actually more worried about having the hieght for them last week. After a week of stretch, and getting some pre-flowers on the ladies I believe I'll be alright.. They'd need to stretch a couple more feet before I'd have to cut through the ceiling to fit them. Oh I am going to fit them LOL.... Last run with the tw I had that cooltube right up against the ceiling of the tent, and had to bend branches 90degrees to fit em. I'm used to this by now.. I do it EVERY fucking time...I never realized naming my first grow the Overgrown Closet Grow would of been such a friggen omen LOL... Even when I wanna keep em short, something makes me put off flipping them, and I end up with much larger plants... No worries right now though, I'm pleased with how they are coming along actually.If it gets scary I'll start boosting the p-k, and pushing them to flower..

Your grow looks insane bro.. A lil wilder then your usual variety, but that's to be expected with the tw.Looks like you got really nice buds started now, so I doubt they'll be stretching anymore.. What I'd give to smell the aromas coming outta that room in the peak of flower:)

Bigscoot thannks bro.. so far so good. Let me know how it turns out for you..

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here are a couple of additions...She looks roughed up :witch:
Thanks to all showing interest in the thread so far!
picture.php

picture.php

wick.96

mister postman - Nice.... I also find tomato cages to be very handy for MJ plants. Overall support is excellent when weighted down..

Tbug - looking tasty bro, very nice!!

MeltingPOT
- isnt it wicked when plant fall over due to weight!!! killer looking herbage..

Again killer idea for a thread guys!! great update!!

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good to have you here Wick! Yeah, she is definately a top heavy gal...beats a fluffernutter anyday! Glad you are enjoying the thread thusfar...
Here's a TW #4 that's about to be flipped...I like her, she shows no sign of being rootbound and she's still in a 12oz paper coffee cup lol...She takes all types of abuse and responds wonderfully...
picture.php

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Hell yeah scoot!! I agree that looks like an extrmely bushy plant for 12oz coffee cup. That'd make for a nice bonsai momma.

Hey mp do you think keeping her in the smaller container caused for all the bush? Or have u been topping her alot as well?

Last edited:

*mistress*

Veteran
:wave: Mister Postman

that ecsd looks just like a seed from some groceries that has been run several seasons... was under different name... genepools seem increasingly smaller...

lemon-dirt, seemingly thai influence. in the head, trippy, w/ sofa @ the end. spacey... yes, they are lanky by genetics, similar to a 'chem' fruit... tart w/ no sweetness. maybe 40/60 s/i... lanky but strong stems. lemony, but slight earthy undertone. keeper...

looks just like pic @ finish above...

tsp extra of epsom salts, or more cal-mag... they like mg a lot. peter's/jacks classic 20-20-20 every week, w/ fnb, or as stand-alone app. will give good results... they like a lot of n during veg... tried vegging xxx-bagseed using fnb only & leaves never perked up. stronger n:p ratio would seem to make plant happier in veg... other plant like fnb for veg.

also, pinching off all lower growth tips while leaving the leaves will give best all-tops @ end. the lower branches will not deliver, even under 1k's... always prune to 3 main leads. most other s-dom's gettrained to 6-12 leads... but that type of plant (seems similar) prefers 2-4 main tops w/ only top 6-12" being fruit. all else just gets in way... all in imagination:D...

have taken them from 45-77 days... 60-63 seems about right...

eliminating excess branching in the pic from the wick thread may give better results... only tops wanted w/ this cultivar. the lower branches will never give more than corn kernels. 3-4 main leads, all lower tips pinched off, ternimal buds only... fictitiously;)

nice gardens! enjoy!

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
:wave: Mister Postman

that ecsd looks just like a seed from some groceries that has been run several seasons... was under different name... genepools seem increasingly smaller...

lemon-dirt, seemingly thai influence. in the head, trippy, w/ sofa @ the end. spacey... yes, they are lanky by genetics, similar to a 'chem' fruit... tart w/ no sweetness. maybe 40/60 s/i... lanky but strong stems. lemony, but slight earthy undertone. keeper...

looks just like pic @ finish above...

tsp extra of epsom salts, or more cal-mag... they like mg a lot. peter's/jacks classic 20-20-20 every week, w/ fnb, or as stand-alone app. will give good results... they like a lot of n during veg... tried vegging xxx-bagseed using fnb only & leaves never perked up. stronger n:p ratio would seem to make plant happier in veg... other plant like fnb for veg.

also, pinching off all lower growth tips while leaving the leaves will give best all-tops @ end. the lower branches will not deliver, even under 1k's... always prune to 3 main leads. most other s-dom's gettrained to 6-12 leads... but that type of plant (seems similar) prefers 2-4 main tops w/ only top 6-12" being fruit. all else just gets in way... all in imagination:D...

have taken them from 45-77 days... 60-63 seems about right...

eliminating excess branching in the pic from the wick thread may give better results... only tops wanted w/ this cultivar. the lower branches will never give more than corn kernels. 3-4 main leads, all lower tips pinched off, ternimal buds only... fictitiously;)

nice gardens! enjoy!

Hey!! Thanks for stopping in Mistress... Hehe, I actually just started trimming some of the lowers today;) I like to wait till some of the stretch is through ~14days, and then I go ahead and prune the lowers to allow more energy for the top main bud growth.. Since it's so crowded in there, I'll prolly end up taking off a good foot or more of the under growth by the time I'm done.. Even though I trim a good bit, I do leave whatever leaves I can to either be shed from lack of light intensity down there, or to be suck dried during those times of need-flushing.. . I ended up vegging slightly longer then Ideal for my space contraints.. Overgrowing my space has ALWAYS been a bad habit of mine:noway: I tend to wait till I have good solid healthy plants with no current deficiencies, and with fresh coco even though they grow fast, it seems to take a week or so of feeding after transplant for them to really start uptaking all their nutes like they should..

Yeah, I found that shorter bushier plants like the wonder diesel I keep had a lil more trouble with the decreased N dose and higher pk of the fn-bloom, while others like the lankier ecsd seemed to benefit from it greatly. If I continue to use the floranova it would certainly be a good idea to keep a small bottle of the veg on hand for those varieties..

These are very popular genetics, so it wouldn't surprise me if they or very similar hybrids of them are making their rounds at the clone shops/seed shops.. Groceries hehe?? I wanna buy my eggs where you shop... In fact I know they are;) H3ads Casey Jones being a thai/trainwreck x sour diesel cross. Trainwreck itself consisting of thai/afghani/mexican genetics I do believe. Quality-keeper genetics for sure IMO.. I've only read/dreamed of the ecsd up until now, so it's great to finally get my hands on her.. It's true that a lot of the genetics are common, but it's also great to see great genetics making their way around the world as well.. On top of that to be honest with you, growing from seed I've not found two plant to be alike.. Similar some yes, but still enough variety to offer up a selection;) That's whats keeps me cracking beans... I'm always that one bean away from finding something great or better then what I have.

Thanks again for taking the time to stop in, and check us out over here:rasta:

Edit: On another note... Holy shit!!!! I've been sick for the last two days (sweating, not eating-drinking much), and haven't smoked in that time.. Finally feeling better, I rolled and puffed on a fat j of wonder diesel with lil chedog D bx1 mixed in for good measure. I'm friggen high as a kite off 1/4 of the j. Easily the highest I've been in yearsssss time. I had no idea what a two day break, and some fasting could do for a man:yoinks: I highly recommend the flu, and some real good herb ahaha

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts