What's new

Friday night. Broke as fuck

gingerale

Veteran
Just thought I'd give a shout out to all the folks who are sittin at home on yet another Friday night with no money to spend and nothing to do. This road I'm walking down is tough but it will pay off. One day..... :watchplant:

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Sitting at home bored tonight, BBQing some chicken, going to watch some Whale Wars and drink myself to sleep with Captain Morgan Private Reserve....

Luckily, im not broke though. Later this month I will though, with the new house and the new store....

G

guest8905

keep your head up, all good things will come to those who have it coming

D

draco

i didn't believe that things were all in my head - till i took up golf.

I feel ya bud, I'm SOL for about a year, I get an Annuity from 2 companies from an accident when i was little & found out well I'm only getting one of them for the next year kinda weird & unexpected so I'm about about $32,000 a year for the next year it's a bit of a shock so I'm broke too for about the next year

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I feel ya bud, I'm SOL for about a year, I get an Annuity from 2 companies from an accident when i was little & found out well I'm only getting one of them for the next year kinda weird & unexpected so I'm about about $32,000 a year for the next year it's a bit of a shock so I'm broke too for about the next year

I've never gotten a large sum for any reason and I have personally lived 2-3 years at a time on less than $32,000.

Count yourself lucky. I haven't had full time work in over a year.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I'm tight but not broke, I turned down a small fortune this week in mediation over an injury, I'll wait it out for more, they got it and it's owed to me.......

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
being broke is the norm around these parts.. 150$ left until next month. After Fighting for my Disability for almost 2 years I got a pretty big check from the gov. Assholes do this on purpose hoping you will drop your case.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sittin here watching world poker tour 9 and trimming the big leaves off the Querkle plants

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
am I getting old? lol

I am a home body. i love sitting here on ic mag watching tv, smoking herb at night. the day time is for hiking and skiing and shit like that. Bars are lame. I meet girls at the climbing gym or the organic grocery store, or the university campus. I like an active, healthy girl under 30, and I can meet them at these places, with out having to spend money on drinks that I don't really want. Also I don't like dealing with drunk girls anymore; at least not when I am meeting them for the first time. After working in upscale hip hotel bars for years I have had enough. It is entertaining for the first few years because you get to fuck lots of hots girls with out much time put in;, but after a while it is not so great. now I just I want a calm woman that want to sit next to me on the couch at night and go hiking and skiing in the day time. :rasta:

.......also I want her to be a grower, and not fat. sorry. I'm not a big dude, I need a skinny girl. lol. :Bolt:

LoL well for me it's bad because it was unexpected going from 76,000 a year dropping 32,000 down to 44K for one year & then the next I will start at 80K it's hard to explain, just wasn't expecting it so I will be doing some extra work for a year to make more to keep things going good or I am going to have to change my lifestyle for a year lol

well i guess we all expect more ,and there's never enough.we monetize everything in society today ,its wrong. LESS IS MORE AND WE SHOULD ALL GIVE MORE THAN WE DO. MORE BUT AT THE EXPENSE OF WHO I ASK?

your right, I mean I know I'll be all good & things will be fine & there are plenty who are way worse off than I am

I just wish we'd get a Med program here or it'd become Legal & could just get things rolling smoothly and everyone could be happy

GrassRoots

I have been in a bleak financial situation for about 7 months, since my position disappeared at my last job. But I just broke that streak on Thursday, I got hired for a new job that I start monday. Full time, good benefits, decent pay, high commission potential, I couldn't be happier right now!

Hang in there anyone who is having some tough luck with money or work. If you keep at it, you will find something eventually and things will be on the up and up once again!

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I have been rich and poor. The important thing is to keep it classy no matter where you are. Anyone can be great when your chips are in, but when you are down keeping your spirits high shows character.

gingerale

Veteran
Thanks everyone! There is no way I can go back to the old way of living (i.e. wage slavery.) I would rather be broke and rich than wealthy and poor....you know what I mean? My sole focus right now is on keeping this garden producing, and maintaining security. Last night was just a bit tougher than most since they were having the big yearly festival in town, which I also missed last year too. Sittin at home I could hear the music drifting in through the window from across the way, and see drunk people walking around headed for adventure. Shit, I don't even have a dollar to my name right now, so none of that for me. (Not a big alcohol fan either Hash. Would rather meet a stoner chick any day.) Times are tight, but it will make a good story one day!

Latest posts

Latest posts