What's new

Freedom Buckets Information here

foaf

Veteran
thanks for posting this stitch -
MynameStitch said:
hash plant works well in the system too
mysticls said:
but both hash plant and bc big bud are sub par in terms of everything but quantity and even hash plant lacks that
Reeferman hashplant is the variety most often grown by the kbsers I know of. My bucket is very modified from krusty's description but I based it on his concepts and my last hashplant got 4 lbs before it was over and it was very for both potency and taste. Im doing a bubba k at the moment.

mysticls

can you still get reefermans hashplant? if so where?? i know seedbay nor seedboutique have it

Ive heard of some killer BC hash plant but the sensi hashplant is junk.. i hope reeferman is better

4 lbs in 1 plant?? was that with 2400w? how long did you veg it out?

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Hashplant is very popular in canada... seen a lot of med growers grow it; never got a chance to grow it out though.

3BM

great info here, many thanks for the revival Stitch. Sorry to hear about your bust, how are things?

Anyone looking for more on this subject, and the debate between this and other systems check out the thread called "DWC vs KFB vs E&F" in this forum. Lots of good stuff there as well.

Off all the tree systems Ive seen this one really maximizes plant count to yield. Not to mention great light efficiency, you cant really beat 3lb/1kw!

G

Stitch.......The information with pics is here in old threads under Serapis unless Admin has deleted it for bandwidth...........Before anyone get`s all wet, .............I`d like to advise that this system is not for the novice or anyone else expecting to do 3.5 lbs. per plant on their first run or any run thereafter.........I bought into it long time ago and trust me it`s a maintenance whore at best.....Way too much to overcome as far as the learning curve goes for the average grower IMHO.........Krusty always made it sound like it was babyshit but I used it successfully and exploited the system for over 8 yrs. for low plant numbers before getting sick and tired of the expense and upkeep with CONSTANT shit that came up to be dealt with.....Bare bulbs with proper venting DO produce bigger plants.....Where`s Krusty now........Sick of folks bitchin at him cuz his shit`s always been flawed and is more strain dependent than system dependent as far as yields are concerned..........He hung out at Planet Ganja for a while a few months ago but got sent to the trash bin due to his arrogant ass telling everyone they`re wrong and he`s been right all these yrs with nothing to back up the rebuttals except we`re all idiots and he`s been the genious all along ....You need minimum 12 inch fully rooted clones vegged to 32-36 inches before flipped and then 5 footers after the stretch to tie up and keep limbs from snappin with silicablast for stem strength........50/50 sat/ind hybrids are the only hope for those types of yields....They`re not easy to come by but I got lucky with bagseed..........I run ebb and flow buckets now cuz they run themselves with way less bells and whistles and NO headaches.......There is no Holy Grail system that ya`ll keep searching for mega yields only trial and error till you dial in what works for you to increase your bottom line with the strain you`re using at the time.......Peace........DHF........ :joint:

Last edited:

3BM

Show me the same yield per plant ratio with another system and I might agree that others are comparable. I read all these arguments in the DWC vs KFB etc thread, until you deleted all your posts. Im not saying that Krusty was a genius, or that Ein Gedi revolutionized agriculture. But for the stated aim of yield per plant, he posted better results than any I have seen since.

No disrespect DHF, I respect your experience on this. Im sure the system is a nightmare as you describe. Other simpler systems (like E&F) can get plenty per plant.

G

You must`ve not seen my posts......I tried to help folks with what I`ve done for several yrs..........Midtown pissed me off about our debate over fully rooted clones and then Bio-Toke came in after the fact without ever SEEING my posts and said what`s up with this shit about me deleting my posts and it was ALL about nobody reading the thread from the beginning and only my last post is what got all the attention....As of today that I know of...........There`s NO ONE here that can challenge my knowledge on this subject.........My original post on DWC vs. was very helpful and thought provoking about not being locked into hearsay and what might work for you at the time due to kbs costs serious $ to prosper and ebb and flow buckets being the cash cow of the future but needs more plant counts...That`s another cross I haveta bear .....DHF........

Last edited:

3BM

No I read and enjoyed those original posts, sadly I didnt get to review them in detail as they lasted only a few days after I read them initially. No ones challenging your understanding of the system. Heresy aside, this system is an extreme example. One that others may use to explore possibilities. His use of light was probably the most interesting part, as you say. Once again, much :respect: to you DHF. No disrespect meant my friend.

G

Mysticyls......

Mysticyls......

4 plants in a 10x10 room with 4-600`s in an X pattern and a 1000 mh in the middle for a total of 3400 watts to where each plant got light off of 3 fixtures at once.....Krusty made sense about blasting plants with light...........I did 9.25-10 lbs. regularly but after 3 months instead of turning over every 30 days now........I choose to not feed the beast anymore and let my e and f buckets grow themselves........Trust me there`s better ways....2 perpetual rooms have been bringing me 5 lbs. every month so it`s all relative....I`m in the process of doing vertical walls of buds that has even more potential than any grow that I`ve ever been done cuz it utilizes every square inch that the lights provide sideways as well as up and down .......Peace...DHF...... :joint:.........P.S.......Thanks 3BM.........

Last edited:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
DHF, I respect your judgement on this matter. I was over at overgrow when all that fighting and binning was going on.

There is a much hasslefree way to grow the system but it was on an invite only fourm. I was there until I got busted; that site kicked ass but I never did PDF threads from there.
They redesigned a lot of the system to run less hasslefree. I think everyone has a different opinion on how much of a hassle everything really is... some people may call it hassle some may not.... I dunno; but I just put this on here so peeps can get the info and help bring back some good lost threads.

mysticls

i heard the krusty site is still around but its not kbsgrowers.org anymore...anyone know?? definately like to see what improvements people have made.. i know a lot of people have got rid of the thomas pump for a diff style thats a lot quieter but not sure of what anyone else has changed

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
that and they use sweet water air stones now.

Not sure about where the site is, would like to know though.

G

Hey Stitch ......Yeah dewd I`m all for the sharing as well......I apologize for goin off on 1 of my krusty rants....I ran the buckets for 8 yrs........I used all the innovations as well..........Regenerative glowers plus aliita silicone tubing for the air to roots thingy.....24/7 feed schedules and timed feed schedules....Not much I haven`t tried on my old krusty buckets....I guess you`re right about diffent opinions on hassle and hassle-free...........My krusty buckets cost me a damn fortune for equipment and powerbill too.............They paid off no prob but it`s the most expensive shit out there......My ebb and flow buckets run themselves.............If ya`ll really wanna know bout this shit just ask cuz there ain`t nuthin on the books that I haven`t done or upgraded to................SYK`s website (KBSGROWERS.COM) is defunct as far as I know but I could be wrong.....You`re not missing anything ......There`s still folks around here growin em ........Blind Date uses upgraded version.....Teresa grows trees with a similar system............couple other experienced growers as well....Like I said...you can find this shit in old threads under "Serapis" name.......same shit ,all the diagrams and all the trollin as well..........I`m not sure there`s a thread at any site krusty ever taught at that was finished before his ass gettin banned...........Anyways.....take care folks and groovy growin on them trees........DHF......... :joint:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Hey, no problem at all :tup: I value free speech and opinions. damn 8 years? I at least want to try it once!
Oh god ya, I racked up how much it will cost..... pfft crazy that is the bad part about it.I heard his website got shut down he did not pay the bill. I was a member there but when I got busted they got nervous and removed my access :(
I will check out there threads wanna see some of the improvements they have made on the system. If you have links to there threads post them here; but I am going to go look them up see if I can find there threads.

Oh I got a question for ya DED, people say when you get big plants like that the bud quality goes down, I think this is BS really.... did you see a decline in potency when you grew trees like that?

mysticls

also i dont see much info out there on what people use for the feeder pump.. i know krusty recommends a thomas pump but a lot of people have swithced over to a regenerative blower for the bulbs but i dont see any info on what people use for a feeder pump or how they figure out which feeder pump to go with

G

I`ve heard the bullshit posts about reduced potency for bigger plants Stitchster and it all boils down to one thing.......People put way too many plants in a room that end up starving for light, air , and relative humidity..........They also veg too long and then all the plants get overgrown into each other and light can no longer get through the thick upper and outer canopy thus giving less potent "popcorn" below where light can penetrate for proper resin development and bud maturity........I never grew but 4 plants in a 10x10 with all the bells and whistles and had MAJOR resin pumpage I assure you....My buds would knock a mofo out.....Mysticyls.........Go look at reefgeek.com for inline pumps that have MAJOR flow...so much that you haveta put gate valves in front of em to control the flow to the feed tubes but they last forever and no heat from submersible pumps ....EDIT..feeder pumps?........You were talking about air to root blowers?.....hard to beat sweetwater regeneratives....Krusty buckets rez and rootzone temps CANNOT exceed 68 degrees without rootrot lurking around the corner..........A lotta folks will tell yas that it`ll be ok up to 70-72....I never gave the shit a chance to start with my aqua-logic 1/2 hp drop-in coil chiller hooked direct to thermostat..........You`ve gotta put inline filters in front of yer pumps to filter out sediment from the nutes to keep feedtubes from cloggin.....aight?.........Elevated buckets and sunken rez`s for the fastest flow for feed and return is the secret to big plants....I kicked it up a notch by having a drain pump inline sucking the solution through the rootzone leaving behind all the O2 from the sweetwater blower through the silicone tubing but I also had a keepalive.net thru-the-hull bait aerator pumping millions of microscopic bubbles into the active and passive rez`s that stayed suspended in the feedtube solution instead of airstone bubbles that float to the top and are gone doing a lot less for the plant`s growth along with airpumps heating up from constant use and pumping heat bubbles into the rez or rather the bucket rootzones.......Enough of my ramblings today but if ya`ll wanna open pandora`s box .........Ask away......... :joint:.........Ebb and Flow buckets rule........... :pimp3:

Last edited:

mysticls

i will def take a look at the reefgeek pumps..dont see any info on the feeder pumps in any of the krusty threads so this must be something he didnt stress much

know about submersing the reservoir to help with temps and flow.. i saw he also would raise the buckets up about 6 inchs which also helped a lot with flow.. and gotta have a chiller..already got the inline filter for the sediment

did you notice any difference with the aerator inside the 2 reservoirs?? i thought about this but didnt think it would make much of a difference but i am only assuming..

you were pulling a little over 3# per 1k? 30 month veg and 8 week flower?? so you could honestly see pulling 30# from 10 lights?? ive seen a bunch of people talk about kbs but rarely see anyone posting any legit pics / info..mostly bullshit...krusty said he pulled almost 34# in a 10 plant room and consistently pulled 30# but hes the only one who ever mentioned getting those yields but i also saw him mention that he didnt dry his buds completely so that makes them heavier aswell...so who knows??