What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Freedom Buckets Information here

G

You haveta understand that Krusty`s in Canada where at the time the power companies were enjoying MAJOR profit from the EXPLOSION of grow op`s till the Mounties (and the DEA) caught wind of it........By the time they did there were a bunch of so-called loyal Hydro Company employees that growers were hiring to "bypass" the meters and when the Company figured out they were LOSING $ ..........Grow op`s started getting busted......Remember the Molson Brewery?.............Krusty used commercial properties and grew bigger rooms ........supposedly......He swore the power Company did`nt monitor KWH useage.......I say he was blind to the fact that the DEA had been employed and was showing the Canadians howta track the growers...He sure did outta NOWHERE declare his "retiredness" when all was clickin along back then........These days I`ve heard grow ops`re dropping like flies...about like all the med clubs in Cali.......LEO is alive and doin well boy`s and girls....Be paranoid....Also......The most prevalent pic`s from krusty are lotta yrs. old and in a mobile home that make his crop look bigger than it actually is cuz of lower ceilings but not to take anything away from him cuz the strain yielded huge buds but there was considerable doubt about it`s potency......There are breeders in Kanuckville that claim to have the same BCBB strain if any of yas wanna hunt for the holy grail and judge for yourselves.......Salmon Creek Big Bud is supposedly an up and comer for yield and quality in The Great White North...My yields were always based on gpw`s...not lbs. per light........I used 4-600`s and a 1000 mh in the middle......3400 watts and never less than 1.2 gpw......Guess I rambled again........DHF........ :joint:

Last edited:

mysticls

okay so 2.7# per 1k.. which strains were you running?? dont want anything to do with BCBB.. id rather yield 1/2 lb less per 1k with a diff strain than run BCBB.. i think sensi star or one of the blockhead phenos would do really well in this system...

G

There was a thread bout a yr ago where someone grew some sensi stars kbs style and grew a buncha bushes that never made it in the yield area with way too many leaves without budsites..........You haveta use as close to a 50/50 hybrid for the stretch and the yield for total useage of the light sideways.....There are no strains per se for a tree grow dewd....I never had any strains .......I got lucky with some bagseed from mexico yrs. ago that I grew outdoors before I ever used it indoors that fit the kbs method to a "T"....I`ve been blessed with a few friends that`ve donated some genetics in the last couple yrs. that`ve saved my life but I do ebb and flow buckets now......with great ease I might add as well as going vertical walls of buds in the near future... .............DHF...... :joint:

Last edited:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Damn dedhed, you know your shit! I really appreciate you coming to the thread and telling us your experience man :tup: totally! I was just in the process of doing DWC, right before we got busted. I was very interested in krusty buckets

Sounds like to me the KFB can only grow a certain small number of strains if you want to get the yield you want. I don't like that cause I like to grow different strains. YA, I have the thread where the RCMP busted in on krusty when he had a commercial factory used for his grow.
Can you do me a small favor... list everything you need to get a krusty grow to go though..

As for gpw you mean grams per watt right? If you used a recirculting DWC and used the lights light a K grow could you get the plants near as big... cause I know the spacer you use in the buckets allows the plants to grow bigger root systems which allows the bigger plants.

Cause since one thing is if you can't grow many different strains with the system I am not going to be using it in the future. I don't mean using more than one strain in the system at one time... I mean having the same strain for one run and different strain for the next run etc.......

I think I am looking more towards DWC recirculating now.

Last edited:
G

I forgot about 1 of the best kbs`ers that adapted to other things

I forgot about 1 of the best kbs`ers that adapted to other things

My `ol buddy BlueHaze grew Reeferman`s Hashplant krusty bucket style for over 3 1/4 lb`er that looked like a 6 ft. x-mas tree I`d `ve paid lotta money to pull my presents out from under the next mornin.......Stitch.......This shit is somethin that experienced growers should try one room and see if they can handle the pressure of watchin it constantly.........Holler........DHF....... :joint:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
lol, this system sounds like its like taking care of sextuplets man! I will definatly have to try at least one run some time down the road before I pass away :D

jtk707

If you build it they will come

If you build it they will come

I like the Tubs for deep water culture , they plumb together easily and offer greater variety in the numbers of plants :rasta:

snowkitty

Anyone who has current information on where to get a soaker hose for use with krusty's recommended Thomas 900-59 air compressor, I'd love to hear from you...

Lots of the soaker hose weblinks in the kfb threads from the last few years are broken...and the no-one's explanation involves a product only available in australia...

I'm looking for a product I can buy in bulk for a reasonable price and that's been time tested in someone's kfb system.

Last edited:
B

been

Anyone who has current information on where to get a soaker hose for use with krusty's recommended Thomas 900-58 air compressor, I'd love to hear from you...

Lots of the soaker hose weblinks in the kfb threads from the last few years are broken...and the no-one's explanation involves a product only available in australia...

I'm looking for a product I can buy in bulk for a reasonable price and that's been time tested in someone's kfb system.
They don't use soaker hose anymore. They use a micropore PVC lookin' dealy with regenerative blowers (high volume/low pressure).

Skyburn

They don't use soaker hose anymore. They use a micropore PVC lookin' dealy with regenerative blowers (high volume/low pressure).

Im building a bucket system right now in a 10x10 room and was researching how to do the soaker hose. Is there any Info you have on doing a micropore PVC lookin dealy with regenerative blower or know another post with info?

B

been

Attachments

• hdpedemo.jpg
    hdpedemo.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 58
  • WW10_cmyk.jpg
    WW10_cmyk.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 61
P

purpledomgoddes

always nice to see the krusty buckets again. ran w/ success.

couple modifications that may be of help.

1. 8-10 gal, square tubs works well. more volume for roots than 5 gal bucket + easier to perform maintenance on. 4 gal squar pails work well too.

2. air/soaker hose/diffuser wrapped/affixed to the inner walls of the buckets/tubs, instead of @ bottom. so roots dont get tangled in air hose(s).

3. can be run w/ any cultivar. training/topping/pruning, etc are important + knowing the cultivars' characteristics. can easily overgrow an area is fruiting initiated too late. w/ 1-4 plants, after training, etc, can start flower @~ 8-12" tall/wide, depending on area for plant. min area ~ 3x3x3'. know stretch rate. thin out the plant to achieve mass w/ out too many branches, too close to ea other.

4. consider maintenance in/on garden. when mature, will be little room to move aound, change machines, etc.

5. have hvac in order. should have both vertical + diagonal + horizontal air flows. have way to exchange huge volume of transpiration coming from large plants; whether ac or in/out fans.

6. have sun glasses for vert systems. glare will affect eyes over time.

7. size of air pump was of major issue in original krusty thread. same oxygen supply as dwc will work. ~smallest air pump in general store per bucket will work. 4" 50-150 cfm fan, stepped down to 1" poly hose/pvc plumbed to buckets/tubs will work.

8. smallest water pump will work too, as long as trickle comes out onto/into bucket. no need for high pressure, just recirculation. once roots in outer bucket/tub res, can move feed line(s) into inner walls of outer bucket, to flow down over roots.

hope this helps. enjoy your garden!

turbolaser4528

Veteran
fucking awesome thread flad i stumbled upon it. 9-10 lbs in a 10x10 room with only 3400 watts, 4 plants, vegged for 30 days? DUDE CMON thats fucking awesome, right up my alley.

What do you think about a modified bio-bucket setup instead of a krusty setup, for ease of use and less maintenance with the ability to still grow trees?

Also, you said 3 months sucks i like harvesting 5# every 30 days with more plant #'s in ebb and flow, but what if you had 2 perpetual 10x10 3400w rooms and a seperate veg/mother room? You could fucking harvest 9-10 elbows every 30 days instead of 5 with A LOT less plants. I'm talking under 30 plants here about 7-8k watts in lighting and 10 lbs a month. DUDE is it just me or is that the most fucking insane thing ever.

Little risk, huge fucking reward. If you have the know how and the electricity this is the way to go IMHO. you seem to know your shit very well and I trust your experience, but myself and others cant have high plant counts so something like this would be perfect. High gpw, low maintenance and low plant numbers. (bio-buckets are very low maintenance and produce plenty of o2 with just a mag drive pump) pretty hard to fuck it up if you ask me.

anyway i got excited, excuse the ramble feel free to comment my minds thirsty right now haha

turbolaser4528

Veteran
I am after getting 7-10lbs from 2000w vertical. on 21 plants

Just for your info man that's going to be extremely difficult if not impossible to do unless you really know wtf you're doing. The math doesn't add up to me.

7 lbs is 3164 grams so to even get 7 lbs you need to hit ~1.6 gpw, not an easy task, especially with the 21 plants. to hit 10 lbs which is 4520 grams you'd need to hit 2.27 grams per watt! :yeah If you can do that you are a cannabis cultivating expert in my book, (although long veg periods and SOG or vertical make it much easier to do, its still impressive) Most will agree I think, but if you post a journal I'll watch it and see what you can do, if you can hit 2gpw with such confidence we'd all love to hear how you do it and replicate :) its 4 the community man :smoweed: good luck i hope you hit your goal ill be rootin for ya:joint: