What's new

Franchise Genetics

TheSilverMullet

Veteran
6/10 germ rate on the Orange 43. Had 100% germ rate on the other 4 packs of non franchise gear that I germinated at the same time. Meh.

Terpz

Pappy, that Apples2Oranges looks good! Nice fade.

Week 3 is when they decided to drop full on balls, drag. When pheno hunting new gear, I run 1/2gal testers and always two of each pheno. I have found too many variables in the past. I also feed them the same schedule as I would any other plant I am running. They weren't babied. I will not be collecting pollen from the male, based off how unstable the #9 & #10 were. We have packs of Orange43 and OJSDKB unopened...

pappy masonjar

Veteran
Thanks guys.. i wish u all could smell this pheno. super terpalicious.
we need scratch and sniff computer screens badly.
Smells/tastes like a sour apple jolly rancher mixed with an orange starburst.
prolly make great concentrates.. gunna have to make a lil rosin and see..

and speaking of scratch and sniff.. big congrats to Obsoul33t for getting the first ever High Times scratch and sniff centerfold, with his Orange Cookies..

RulaTone

Veteran
nice description, i wish i could smell that amazing looking flowers..
one of the most intriguin terp combination imo!

painter66

if obsoul33t was to actually grow out his own crap he would see how bad his plants were for herming opn peeps and then not release them on the general public, but alas as many so called breedrer (what a joke) never test grow there gear, they leave that for us poor bastards to do for them at our expense.
wankers.

What i wanna know is why did obs use a f2 ojb male for the general release, while the initial crossings were based off an f1 male? Kinda perplexed about that. I know that people have been getting different notes of orange from these line... was it to infuse diversity in that context? I dunno... I've got a pack of the oc and the ojsdkb sittin, to keep it funky i've seen some herm bombs from people's ig postings, but i've also seen straight magic from these beans as well, more often than not... think imma just bite the bullet and whip out the dutchmaster reverse on em. Hate to do it, but can't risk as tranny fest

Scrappy-doo

Is it just the orange crosses herming out on people? I've been wanting to run something from obs but damn this has put some hesitation in my trigger finger. What has obsoul said about this issue, or has it been all silence on his end?

JetLife175

Veteran
Is it just the orange crosses herming out on people? I've been wanting to run something from obs but damn this has put some hesitation in my trigger finger. What has obsoul said about this issue, or has it been all silence on his end?

Yes and yes. From what I gather it's just the OJB crosses. And yes obs has been pretty silent on the matter, even deleting his IG.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

silent on the matter, lol . should be making good on the problem somehow . anyway he can . but we all know that . come back to bite him this one . i,ve been holding out hanging to grab some of his beans ( not easy for me to get a hold off where i am ) i finally do and its going to be hermi shit .

not happy, win some lose some i guess .

rookie mistake not getting testing done on his gear. well guess theres plenty of testers just at 200 a pack .

SourDank

Veteran
I'll say one thing though Pitty, even though there have been herms there has been some seriously nice girls as well. It's a gamble, I'm not buying anymore of the OJB crosses, but I'm gonna run what I have. Just gonna keep a close eye

B

BAKED_BEANZ

yeah i,m still running them . i mainly like to pollen chuck any decent gear . so bites me a bit cause i won't use something that has reports of hermi,s in it . wether mine do or don't . if i can,t resist and pollen chuck them . then i will test run a heap of them in winter . make sure if theres a problem i know. and bin the seed if theres problems with hermi,s .

one thing i will say though . i pollen chucked some rez gear that herm,d really badly at the end ( many years ago). but none of the f2 ever did . you could take them as long as you wanted stress them anything . nothing . but don't think i,d get that lucky twice .

i,ll be chiming back is with the results front the ojsdkb be few months off .but there in at 21 days from veg

Last edited:

Terpz

I am both disappointed and pleased with the ojb crosses I ran recently. Will be testing two phenos at a lab and running them again to decide if they are worth keeping.

Terpz

Lumbo Tech & Orange FPOG on Day 35

Lumbo Tech & Orange FPOG on Day 35

Quick update ::

Orange FPOG #1 (half gallon tester) Day 35.
Finicky when transplanted from clone. Once established has nice growth and eventually great bud structure. Highest trichome production. Smells of GDP/OG funkiness. Will test and run again.

(lowers on Day35)

Lumbo Tech #4 (half gallon tester) Day 35. Sporting an intense lemony, floral, paint fume, new car, complex aroma Im still trying to nail down. Very strong, smells amazing! Greasy trichrome production with minimal stretch and 7+ bladed leaves (most have 9). Definitely a keeper!! Will have the numbers ran on this girl as well.

Happy Holidaze!

SourDank

Veteran
Looking real good terpz, I wanted that Lumbo Tech bad. Can't go wrong with a nice Columbian/Afghani landrace cross :tiphat:

Terpz

Looking real good terpz, I wanted that Lumbo Tech bad. Can't go wrong with a nice Columbian/Afghani landrace cross :tiphat:

Thanks SD, I'm grateful for the LumboTech kick down via T @ SBS. I will be adding finished pics to my album showing the two leaning phenos from that pop. How is the Alien FPOG doing for you?

SourDank

Veteran
She's doing really well, I'm getting this really piney sweet smell from her, and plenty of frost. Looks to yield well too which is always a plus. But so far she definitely has the potential to be a keeper. And she is 100% nanner free and it's in week 6, so finger crossed it continues that way

B

BAKED_BEANZ

picture.php

boring veg pic , keeping close eye on this girl........

i also decided to take 8 big E and 3 more ojsdkb for a swim . we need to get more feed back any issues . i can't do that with 1 ojsdkb .

*** update all beans have popped and accounted for, we are away ***

Last edited: