What's new

Foxtailing and harvest time (sinai strain)

funkyhorse

Rembetis, I have 4 tiny TRSC Sinai plants, 1 male and 3 females.
2 of them grew outdoors and two of them indoors
The indoor grown is much wider leaf than the outdoor grown which is thin leaf, so much difference that they look different strains

I have read Ngakpa is manipulating people with stupid semantics on Instagram saying landraces dont exist anymore because he doesnt like the repellent word. I have seen this kind of semantic bullshit thinking coming out of Cambridge University which is a nest of psycho posh individuals with diplomas peer reviewing each other their own psycho bullshit under the disguise of science
About manchurian he claims it is domesticated and the only domesticated plant I saw in Manchuria were the ones growing at the entrance of the muslim restaurant, all the rest I saw travelling on the countryside with cars and trains are feral like Nepal and I can go on but it is pointless
When someone posting has a commercial interest in the matter of the thread, the thread gets ruined with biased bullshit

If someone who is a diploma holder is selling landraces and claims landraces dont exist anymore is because the stuff we are seeing coming from this seedbank is not landrace at all and this is exactly what I am seeing in the stuff I bought from that manipulative seedbank. I can get long about this because what he does is a lack of respect and an insult to the intelligence of his own customers but this is not the point of this thread

These Sinai seeds Ngakpa sells are not seeds from the 90s but a repro done in england or somewhere in europe in an artificial environment supposedly from seeds from the 90s. The bagseed is landrace, there was no contamination in Sinai because foreign genetics dont adapt to that harsh environment

Rembetis

I agree Funkyhorse and that was one of my questions to him about his repro guy maybe had an issue with stray pollen or mix up of some kind.

I only grow indoors but I do understand what you outdoor guys are saying about differences in how the plant behaves. I havent witnessed anything like that here. Everything seems to match up with breeders photos and has been what I expected. That one Sinai was way too wide to be due to indoor climate and has so far been the only plant I have ever questioned.

I agree too that foreign strains would have a tough time in Sinai unless they were something similar. Looks like Monsterlobster got his hands on some fresh Sinai genetics.

Rembetis

I doubt he's gonna post anymore. I would have preferred if he had stayed around as he's pretty much the only one who knows what their strains are and where they were sourced. I used to hang around at u k 4 2 0 for the best info but the same thing happened there.

I'm bored a lot these days so what do I have to do to get a conversation flowing? :D

I haven't grown Sinai nor Bango but I have grown Ethiopian Highland. (Males only..) and I always felt there was something different about it genetically. People report a typical sativa phenotype and a stockier phenotype yet there were no obvious wld indica features. I always suspected there was a Middle Eastern connection..

I wish he had stayed as well. I always read what he had to say.

I am bored too with this lockdown. Noticed my responses have gotten much longer. Too much sometimes I think.

I have the Ethiopian Highland going right now. I thought it had a bit of a hybrid look to the leaves. My conclusion was phenotypic drift from being reproduced in Spain all those years. I did get a male that had more of the Ethiopian look so I am using him to make seeds. I havent started a thread since Ace has it well documented but I am growing it along with Mozambique so it will be in updates on that thread if you want to see how mine turned out

GreenestBasterd

Hello chaps!
great thread and lots of other great information regarding the surrounding countries and cultures.

Ive always been interested in any strain with rose in the description, so I bought 2 x packs of the Sinai from real seed company. I popped 6 to get a small
look at what they’re like and ended up
with 2 females and 1 male that didn’t change sex on me like the other 3.
the two females are currently outdoors now. They began to flower very early for me also, then unfortunately had some minor reveg and smashed by a hail storm(very odd weather this year).
To be fair,they held strong and have bounced back very well.

the smells of both are quite similar and mainly quite herbal/ earthy, similar to moist ferns/bracken. Very early days still…

Hopefully that rose/Turkish delight plant is in there somewhere as a mentioned I the description and from
others.

Attachments

• photo2114950.jpg
    photo2114950.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 73
  • photo2114952.jpg
    photo2114952.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 75
  • photo2114954.jpg
    photo2114954.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 70
  • photo2114956.jpg