What's new

Foxtailing and harvest time (sinai strain)

monsterlobster

Hello great forum

I'm having trouble determining the harvest time for my sinai landrace plant, she's throwing lots of foxtails with new white pistils.
Here are some info about the grow and pictures to assess

Growing medium :coco with perlite
Nutes :hydroponic nutrient solution
Flowering days : she's in day 79 in flowering (she showed sex before i flip to 12/12)
Light : 300W metal halide with supplemental 100W 3000K led bulbs
Temp: around 26 C at day, 18 C at night with RH around 40 to 55%
Light cycle is at 11 hours of light 13 darkness now

You've been a tremendous help throughout my first grow, so I'll really appreciate your inputs.

Attachments

• IMG_20210208_102857.jpg
    IMG_20210208_102857.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20210208_102927.jpg
    IMG_20210208_102927.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_20210208_102932.jpg
    IMG_20210208_102932.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20210208_102935.jpg
    IMG_20210208_102935.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_20210208_102955.jpg
    IMG_20210208_102955.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 179

Rembetis

I had two phenos, one Sativa and the other was wide leaf and compact. Mine were ready at 70 days but you seem to have more of an extreme Sativa look than mine so yours may take longer.
How long ago did you cut the nutrients and are you seeing new flowers all over?

Last edited:

monsterlobster

I had two phenos, one Sativa and the other was wide leaf and compact. Mine were ready at 70 days but you seem to have more of an extreme Sativa look than mine so they may take longer. It sounds like they are close. I wouldnt wait for Amber trichs unless you need something to help with sleep.

How long ago did you cut back on feedings? You should be seeing the plants slowing down the new flower production if they are close.

Hello rembetis,
Yes I've read that some sativas never go amber so i figured i would wait till most are cloudy.
I've cut the feedings strength about 50%,feeding at 300 ppm right now. I'm afraid to cut the feedings completely because i can't put a time line on the harvest.
Do you think i should start flushing?

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Hi monsterlobster,

Your plants look great. Everything you're doing sounds spot on. Looks like they want to keep going , but that's okay. You can decrease your lights by another hour to signal finishing time. Continue feeding lightly decreasing strength of your solution for another week then flush.

I got Sinais as freebies and have grown out 2 so far. Kept both very small, so it's awesome to see them grown out to full size!

therevverend

Veteran
The Sinai is a weird one, I grew it outdoors and it started flowering late July, a month before most strains begin flowering at my latitude. I thought it would be early but it kept going and going, I didn't end up harvesting until around Oct 1, my usual harvest time. Here's a look at mine about a week before I harvested it.

picture.php

You can see mine's a little more advanced then yours, more purpling in the leaves and the foxtails have filled in. A little bit more resin but it's still mostly clear. Yours is close I'd probably let it go another few days to possibly a week or more, depending on hair change. Even though it's still throwing white hairs the bracts are mostly swollen and filled in, a sure sign it's about ready.

I'd start flushing at this point, it seems ready to me. Depending on how nutrient-dependent it is. My Sinai had much lower water and nutrient needs then my other plants. I hardly watered it and gave it half the feeding I gave my other plants. Didn't feed her at all after August 25th. Of course outdoors in dirt is completely different then hydro, it's interesting both how similar your plants look to mine and to note the differences. I think once you stop feeding your leaves will turn purple, red, and yellow and your hairs will turn.

I took mine down on a bud by bud basis, didn't chop the entire plant at once. The big top first then the bottom stuff. It didn't make a big difference but it gave the lower limbs time to finish and for their hairs to change.

I found mine to be a high CBD strain with moderate amounts of THC. It didn't have a 'high' like the cannabis we're used to. It was more of a 'buzz' I felt in my body and a bit in my head, not strong but enjoyable. Nice work, your plants look great, you've gotten the most out of them which is always the goal as a grower.

monsterlobster

Hi monsterlobster,

Your plants look great. Everything you're doing sounds spot on. Looks like they want to keep going , but that's okay. You can decrease your lights by another hour to signal finishing time. Continue feeding lightly decreasing strength of your solution for another week then flush.

I got Sinais as freebies and have grown out 2 so far. Kept both very small, so it's awesome to see them grown out to full size!

Thanks fletch,
I was thinking of decreasing the light by another hour but it seemed a bit much and feared it would hinder her last "bulking up"

I hope your plants turns out great :D

monsterlobster

The Sinai is a weird one, I grew it outdoors and it started flowering late July, a month before most strains begin flowering at my latitude. I thought it would be early but it kept going and going, I didn't end up harvesting until around Oct 1, my usual harvest time. Here's a look at mine about a week before I harvested it.

You can see mine's a little more advanced then yours, more purpling in the leaves and the foxtails have filled in. A little bit more resin but it's still mostly clear. Yours is close I'd probably let it go another few days to possibly a week or more, depending on hair change. Even though it's still throwing white hairs the bracts are mostly swollen and filled in, a sure sign it's about ready.

I'd start flushing at this point, it seems ready to me. Depending on how nutrient-dependent it is. My Sinai had much lower water and nutrient needs then my other plants. I hardly watered it and gave it half the feeding I gave my other plants. Didn't feed her at all after August 25th. Of course outdoors in dirt is completely different then hydro, it's interesting both how similar your plants look to mine and to note the differences. I think once you stop feeding your leaves will turn purple, red, and yellow and your hairs will turn.

I took mine down on a bud by bud basis, didn't chop the entire plant at once. The big top first then the bottom stuff. It didn't make a big difference but it gave the lower limbs time to finish and for their hairs to change.

I found mine to be a high CBD strain with moderate amounts of THC. It didn't have a 'high' like the cannabis we're used to. It was more of a 'buzz' I felt in my body and a bit in my head, not strong but enjoyable. Nice work, your plants look great, you've gotten the most out of them which is always the goal as a grower.

Wow, thanks alot for all these info!!!

I've seen some of your posts about the sinai strain and theh were amazing. I was hoping for some our purpling like yours. Also i suppose they all have these airy buds, am i right?

So i think I'll start flushing for 5 to a week then chop her down.

Thanks alot for your help

therevverend

Veteran
Also i suppose they all have these airy buds, am i right?
Mine were quite a bit denser then yours but the flowers were basically the same airy foxtails. The difference between growing a sativa type indoors vs outdoors. I think you might see more purpling once you cut off the nutrients, mine turned purple naturally not from cold shock. Looking closely I can see your bracts are already turning purple. The opposite of mine where the bracts stayed green and the leaves turned purple.

What's the smell like? Mine had a fine herbal scent, almost like dill. I wish I'd cooked with the flowers, it would have been nice in fried potatoes or a sour yogurt dish. The resin crystals are tiny, the smallest I've seen, very dry resin. I also wish I'd made a bit of hashish.

romanoweed

@thereverend, please describe the high bit furthr, i think the sinai might be a slight bit similar to old maroccan Strains, since i never heard a OLD maroccan smokereport, can you describe a bit closer? more reports please

funkyhorse

I am growing Sinai and Burning Bush from Scott Family Farms which is an hybrid containing ganja sourced in Dahab in 2006
Both varieties showed sex in veg at 16/8 hours of light. Only the pole pheno from Burning Bush did not show sex at 16 hours but showed sex after 5 days on 11/13

In the 90s, the Sinai buds from the bedouins at source had the look of the high times old buds and they were not chunky buds, very airy sativa buds
It was cerebral sativa effects, the best in the middle east. Much stronger effects than moroccan hash. I would have never thought you could make hash out of Sinai varieties, bedouins dont make hash from it and they certainly know about hash

FletchF.Fletch

420club
It was way more Potent than it's online descriptions in my experience. Everyone I shared mine with was like, " Whoa, what is This???" Soil grown and never fed in flower, one had the herbal scent described by therevverend, dill with a rose petal component. The other was done in Rockwool hydroponically on 3/4 nutes and was so loaded with resin glands it looked like a GG4 plant. It had similar scent to the first with an added sharp Citric smell. Buzz was very much like smoking hash.

bleepboop

Had the rose smell from one Sinai f2 last year, it was lush!

Day 58
picture.php

Day 64
picture.php

Mine were a bit stressed by the environment but came out pretty good, if lightly seeded.

Rembetis

Must be a difference between the Bedouins and Egyptians. Egyptians seem to prefer Hashish and they consider buds to be women's smoke.

The wide leaf pheno I grew had very wide leaves and compact structure. The high on that one hit like a modern Afghani with hangover and nasty comedown effects. Maybe it was a seed mix up, I dont know.

Anyway, for me it grew a lot like the Lebanese and those Middle eastern strains are for the most part Hash strains so I ran it through the sifter

Last edited:

monsterlobster

Mine were quite a bit denser then yours but the flowers were basically the same airy foxtails. The difference between growing a sativa type indoors vs outdoors. I think you might see more purpling once you cut off the nutrients, mine turned purple naturally not from cold shock. Looking closely I can see your bracts are already turning purple. The opposite of mine where the bracts stayed green and the leaves turned purple.

What's the smell like? Mine had a fine herbal scent, almost like dill. I wish I'd cooked with the flowers, it would have been nice in fried potatoes or a sour yogurt dish. The resin crystals are tiny, the smallest I've seen, very dry resin. I also wish I'd made a bit of hashish.

Yeah bracts started purpling on some colas a couple of weeks ago, it's really beautiful!
Smell is kind of herbal too, and some times i can sense fruity aroma here and there (personally it reminds me of mango a bit).
As for hashish, i think I'll do some bubble hash from the trimmings, although these recipes you wrote sounds delicious :D

monsterlobster

It was way more Potent than it's online descriptions in my experience. Everyone I shared mine with was like, " Whoa, what is This???" Soil grown and never fed in flower, one had the herbal scent described by therevverend, dill with a rose petal component. The other was done in Rockwool hydroponically on 3/4 nutes and was so loaded with resin glands it looked like a GG4 plant. It had similar scent to the first with an added sharp Citric smell. Buzz was very much like smoking hash.

You are describing the one i had for my first grow, steing citrus smell and buzz was good with a giggly cerebral high at moderate dosag.

monsterlobster

Must be a difference between the Bedouins and Egyptians. Egyptians seem to prefer Hashish and they consider buds to be women's smoke.

The wide leaf pheno I grew had very wide leaves and compact structure. The high on that one hit like a modern Afghani with hangover and nasty comedown effects. Maybe it was a seed mix up, I dont know.

Anyway, for me it grew a lot like the Lebanese and those Middle eastern strains are for the most part Hash strains so I ran it through the sifter

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84941&pictureid=2097828&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I've had one of these " indica-phenos" but unfortunately turned out to be male :/, really wanted to compare between the 2 phenos.

Attachments

• IMG_20201116_184046.jpg
    IMG_20201116_184046.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 59

bleepboop

Woooow!!! You've got yourself some gorgeous looking plants. They look amazing, great job!!
How was the effects?

Pretty blissful and chill but still not stony couchlock in modest doses. Had a friend using it for cramps and being really glad they were still good for work/music/family.

Rembetis

I've had one of these " indica-phenos" but unfortunately turned out to be male :/, really wanted to compare between the 2 phenos.

Mine was fatter than that. Thats why I am wondering if there was a mix up at TRSC. I havent seen anyone else mention it. I still have a couple packs left for another run at some point