What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Found my long lost seed collection

Katsu

Veteran
Gotta love those coin protectors!

Makes me wonder about the stash you've kept track of? :biggrin:

I haven't had a grow for close to 10 years. This is the one and only bean stash. Looking to get back up in the next few months - keep your eye out for some old school grows :)

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Katsu, can you keep us up to date on what method(s) work best for getting the these older beans to grow?
You definitely got some jewels on your hands.

rykus

The coolest bean sprouted I ever saw was posted here somewhere...

Jist is you get two tuber ware totes one larger and one smaller and put water in the larger one. Use a fish tank heater to heat this water perfectly to 80*f I think is what he recommended but you can check into that.

In the smaller one they recommended a sponge or moist towel pieces with h2o2 water to prevent fungal growth, but becomes essentially a sterile germination chamber...

You could use a even bigger tote and have multiple small ones inside...

Made sense though and you could play with temps and what not easily...

Good luck and make sure to make some f2's or 3's!

Mrrite008

In
The coolest bean sprouted I ever saw was posted here somewhere...

Jist is you get two tuber ware totes one larger and one smaller and put water in the larger one. Use a fish tank heater to heat this water perfectly to 80*f I think is what he recommended but you can check into that.

In the smaller one they recommended a sponge or moist towel pieces with h2o2 water to prevent fungal growth, but becomes essentially a sterile germination chamber...

You could use a even bigger tote and have multiple small ones inside...

Made sense though and you could play with temps and what not easily...

Good luck and make sure to make some f2's or 3's!

Heres the thread rykus:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=172749

I agree, when attempting to germinate high dollar or irreplacable seeds. If your a cheap bastard such as myself, i want every single seed to pop. I use rapid rooters instead of the sponge, and keep the temp set 78-82. High humidity + and a consistent warm temp is what helps your germ rates. For older seeds, a scuffing and soak in GA3, sea weed extract, or peroxide may be benificial as well.

paper thorn

Veteran
Blueberry
Original Haze
NYCD
HW x Calio
Afghani Orange
Sensi Star x White Widow
Calio
Grapefruit x Sweettooth
Sweet Tooth #3 x LUI
Super Silver Haze
Black Widow
Mother's Finest
Colombian Gold
Romulan
Sweet Tooth #3
Citral x Kush
Trainwreck x Cambodian
Bubba Kush
C99 x NYCD
Ghost OG x Sour Diesel
Bubblegum

OK bud, it;s a cinch you'll never be able to go through all those seeds in time. So just send the ones above to me.

I'm just trying to give back and do my fair share to keep these wonderful genetics floating around our community. :peacock: :woohoo: :tiphat:

browntrout

Veteran
lol dude are you fucked. how does one lose a collection that must be size of a small car.

Great find! I hope you get some good germ results!

FireIn.TheSky

Man it'd be awesome to see some preservation work be done with those strains. You literally have seed strains that are pretty much extinct. I'd love to see whats hiding in those old SSH seeds, I am convinced the SSH of today is not the same SSH pre 2008.

JACKBAYBEH

Wow! Nice recovery man, no doubt. I'd still be walking around
with a huge smile on my face.
That list brings back a ton of memories. Got a lot of those coin protecters in the mail myself back then. Glad to see you are getting back in the game. I'm sure the whole community will benefit.
That FigWidow x Haze/Skunk is an obscure cross that got my attention.
Let me know if they aren't a priority. We could work something out.:tiphat:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That HOG caught my eye. Make sure to use a temperature controller with your seedmat. They can get hot without it. Sounds like you have the scuffing, hormone, sugar water stuff already figured.

Vietnamese has quite the reputation too.

Katsu

Veteran
Wow! Nice recovery man, no doubt. I'd still be walking around
with a huge smile on my face.
That list brings back a ton of memories. Got a lot of those coin protecters in the mail myself back then. Glad to see you are getting back in the game. I'm sure the whole community will benefit.
That FigWidow x Haze/Skunk is an obscure cross that got my attention.
Let me know if they aren't a priority. We could work something out.:tiphat:

Pretty sure Dutch Flowers had their fingers in these genetics. The FigWidow stuff has always had my eye.

I'm still misty eyed thinking about it. What sort of experience do you have popping old beans?

Katsu

Veteran
Man it'd be awesome to see some preservation work be done with those strains. You literally have seed strains that are pretty much extinct. I'd love to see whats hiding in those old SSH seeds, I am convinced the SSH of today is not the same SSH pre 2008.

Haven't had it in a while, but it was killer smoke in the late 90's

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Damn Katsu don't know how you'd of lost all those. Enough beans there to be used for a door stop. Lol
Lots of nice gear in there. Always wanted a really good pheno of DTC. AlwAys peaked my interest.
I grew the Hog out and was disappointed with it but the SAGE. Man there was a girl in that batch that flat out stunk. No amount of odor control could handle it. Neighbors knew I was medical so they didn't complain. You could smell her down the block. Hella nice high on her too with a huge yield. Only plant the wife ever told me I couldn't grow in the house again.
Wish I had that one back now.
Nice to see the Vietnam Black too. Best of luck with them. Great find

Latest posts

Latest posts