What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Found my long lost seed collection

B

BAKED_BEANZ

i,m still wondering , how you lost a suitcase full of seeds ..... lol

Katsu

Veteran
The beans never actually left my possession, but I moved 3 times over the past 10 years and they ended at the bottom of a box that was never unpacked. Climate controlled, but not refrigerated...

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So glad you found your old stash. How are you going to go about popping these seeds. I'd like to know because I too have some oldies I'd like to start popping. Details would be appreciated!

Katsu

Veteran
So glad you found your old stash. How are you going to go about popping these seeds. I'd like to know because I too have some oldies I'd like to start popping. Details would be appreciated!

I've got a bunch of different methods to try on some of the old stock. I'm going to start with some random crosses I made myself that I have a fair amount of.

In general terms, the plan is to refrigerate the beans for at least a week. Scuff the beans with sandpaper. Soak them in sterile water with a little nitrogen boost for 12 hours, then sterile water with a hormone solution for another few hours, then plant just below the surface of shallow, pathogen free soil on a germination mat with fluorescent
lights. Keep slightly moist.

I've been told that I need to let them go for a while - I've heard crazy stories of old beans taking over 3 weeks to crack.

I may or may not play around with manually cracking the seams on a few of the beans and seeing if that helps

S

sourpuss

Aloha x ice... wheres the ice come from? If you can remember haha...

Fan of nirvanas ice... yeah i said nirvana haha... but from early 2000s....

Seriously huge list of good beans!!!

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I'm still runnin the nirvana ice! :biglaugh:

That Oasis tho....I accidently had a fem Oasis pollinate a nirvana bubblicious...grew out those seeds outdoors and dude....smoke was sooooooooo couch lock ppl would take a rip off a bong and basically lost function of their legs! Hahahahaha! I'm not even exaggerating. It was something else....

Great find dude

FireIn.TheSky

Back in the day up in NE a friend of mine was getting chocolate elvis, which was chocolate trip x flying elvis. Im not sure if it was a home made strain or what but its a weird coincidence that such a rare strain would have been used.

Scrappy-doo

Would be nice to confirm either way. I read that over at the farm on the "Chocolate Trip???" thread fwiw.

1st page, post #3

Last edited:

Katsu

Veteran
Confirmed. I bought the only pack of Chocolate Trip, but sent Ghost 1/2 the pack to play with.

Would be nice to confirm either way. I read that over at the farm on the "Chocolate Trip???" thread fwiw.

1st page, post #3

Tynehead Tom

nice to see someone else holding the shiskaberry.
Is yours Steve's original or his shiskaberry 3 back cross?
I germed my last shiskaberry seeds (circa '98) this past spring, still going strong inside and out :D

Katsu

Veteran
nice to see someone else holding the shiskaberry.
Is yours Steve's original or his shiskaberry 3 back cross?
I germed my last shiskaberry seeds (circa '98) this past spring, still going strong inside and out :D

Probably F2's from Cbay auction site. Got a lot of great F2 genetics off of Cbay with no noticeable differences to the F1's in most instances. Often see an occasional dud, but just as often find an outlier of superior quality.

Katsu

Veteran
are they labelled?..or is this an exercise in memory recollection?

LOL. I'm picturing a jar full of loose beans.

No, they're all labeled and in their original packaging - mostly auction purchases on CBAY, but a bunch of trades and a few seed shop purchases as well.