What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Found Baby Mouse

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I like cats. I think they make good pets and friends...

Do you like them? If so, get one!

There's no better way to keep mice away from your house and shop and car...

Green Squall

I like cats. I think they make good pets and friends...

Do you like them? If so, get one!

There's no better way to keep mice away from your house and shop and car...

I totally would but they don't last long around here. We got a bit of a coyote problem you could say lol.

redlaser

Veteran
I would get a variety of snakes and introduce them to the area that you park your car.

Either that or check with your area pet rescues/ shelters for barn cats. They are outside cats that don't want to be inside and just need some food and a place to get out of the rain. Get 2-3 and if one gets picked off replace it.

Those glue traps are pretty messy at times but effective as a last resort.

Green Squall

I would get a variety of snakes and introduce them to the area that you park your car.

Either that or check with your area pet rescues/ shelters for barn cats. They are outside cats that don't want to be inside and just need some food and a place to get out of the rain. Get 2-3 and if one gets picked off replace it.

Those glue traps are pretty messy at times but effective as a last resort.

Neighbor had loads of barn cats and coyotes picked em all off. They are a serious nuisance around here. Killed all the foxes too. I'm going to get some rodent deterrent spray and someone said bounce dryer sheets work great.

fullsizerender-13.jpg

redlaser

Veteran
Neighbor had loads of barn cats and coyotes picked em all off. They are a serious nuisance around here. Killed all the foxes too. I'm going to get some rodent deterrent spray and someone said bounce dryer sheets work great.

View Image

That's too bad about the coyotes, they have few predators, really just man. Steel wool is useful to block mice from getting through gaps and holes. They don't try to chew it in my experience

shithawk420

Veteran
I'm still waiting for farmers to harvest corn in my back yard.when they do its gonna be a full scale invasion.I'm gonna be fucked.I can only hope my neighbors get it worse.pretty sure those ultrasound plug-ins don't work

Betterhaff

Veteran
...pretty sure those ultrasound plug-ins don't work
A buddy of mine lives in the sticks and bought a few of those ultra sound deterents. He said they were bull…and seemed to attract even more. He said he saw them just walk right by the things, lol.

Green Squall

I'm being plagued by critters!! There's a woodpecker that has caused unbelievable damage to the side of my house. Wow those things work fast! I've been taking potshots at it with a pellet gun to no avail. Can't get close enough without it flying away. Ideas?

St. Phatty

I'm being plagued by critters!! There's a woodpecker that has caused unbelievable damage to the side of my house. Wow those things work fast! I've been taking potshots at it with a pellet gun to no avail. Can't get close enough without it flying away. Ideas?

Create a better habitat for it.

It likes your house. It doesn't know the details.

Imagine a wood reconstruct of your house, with stashes of mealworms and maybe, other woodpeckers.

Or - build some stairs near where the woodpecker pecks, and get a cat. Unless you already have a dog. Something so your pet can get closer to the area the woodpecker is pecking.

MrBungle

Shooting it is probably a bad idea.. They are protected species I believe....

I've read people put out suet feeders away from their home to deter the woodpeckers...

troutman

Seed Whore
Put a bird feeder away from the house and shoot from behind a curtain in the window. :tiphat:

That's how Lee Harvey Oswald did it I think. :biggrin:

RB56

Veteran
If the woodpecker is attacking your house it is doing so because there are insects living in the wood. That's your primary problem. Woodpeckers don't eat wood.

Had a stump in the backyard that I had been digging at for years. Big red headed woodpecker came in and worked on it for a week straight. Left me a nice, empty hole.

Green Squall

If the woodpecker is attacking your house it is doing so because there are insects living in the wood. That's your primary problem. Woodpeckers don't eat wood.

Had a stump in the backyard that I had been digging at for years. Big red headed woodpecker came in and worked on it for a week straight. Left me a nice, empty hole.

Pretty sure its a downy woodpecker and its just being an asshole. He's attacking a section of house where the wood was replaced and repaired a couple summers ago, so I don't think there is any rot or bugs.

I've also read that woodpeckers often do this to establish territory.

shithawk420

Veteran
I always thought woody woodpecker was a dick.he's an instagator!hehehahahe!

But if I'm not mistaken don't they make there nests in the side of houses and trees like this too?I would just shoot it unless your in the suburbs.I'm not into hurting birds and animals but he has to go if he's peckering your wood.lol

Latest posts

Latest posts