What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Found Baby Mouse

Green Squall

Little Henry perished over the night and is now in Valhalla. A Funeral Pyre will be constructed and a Three-Volley-Salute will be performed via BB Gun.

kaochiu

Veteran
Fed on corn and sometimes eggs. Actually, its last dinner was an egg. Bad idea, really, and not because of cholesterol.

Attachments

• DSCN1421.jpg
    DSCN1421.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 34

redlaser

Veteran
So far we have only had mice in the garage, still hate them chewing/ crapping/ pissing in stuff. Although I would still release them outside if I could figure out a good way.
But we recently got a cat that lives to hunt so she is out there a lot and has caught a couple mice and 3-4 alligator lizards.
Usually what she catches she kills, but the other day when I opened the door she had a live mouse in her mouth and she ran into the house and let it loose.

So now I have to check and see if her mouth is empty when I let her in the house.

Betterhaff

Veteran
Mine does that too, brings them in the house, live. I think she just wants to play with a live toy. Then I have to try and catch or trap it. I have to use those humane traps though, not the standard mouse traps because of her.

A good bait for the standard traps is…peanut butter.

Green Squall

Just heard back from the mechanic. Mice may have gotten at the wiring and there's something wrong with the blower motor. Getting to the blower motor is a pain in the fucking ass. Gotta remove the gas pedal and break pedal and its still not easy. Whoever designed this car is a dumbass. Hope the damage isn't too bad. It's a 2011 and have only had it a few months!

kaochiu

Veteran
Big countryside rats. They're there, and they're territorial. They probably tell their youngsters that there's always a human less than ten yards from them. I feed the chickens and about twenty minutes later there comes one. Poison? Traps? None of that works at reducing population. Poison because they react by breeding top speed, often with a tolerance to poisons. Traps only bring more rats, and what's more, rats battling each other for territory.
An established rat family grows slower. Slower doesn't mean slow. So, because this territorial issue and their absence of flag, i have to let them know what are their limits. Every now and then i kill the bigger ones by shooting them with an airgun. Two or three in as many days, no more. Then you stop seeing rats for a while, maybe a month or so. They know you are the one that killed one of them, while poison or traps they don't know who did it. It makes a difference.

Attachments

• DSCN1045.jpg
    DSCN1045.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 34

Green Squall

Can't believe I started a 5 page thread on rats :biglaugh:

Lets see here....In South East Asia, rice field rats are commonly eaten. Yum.

2.jpg

ic

troutman

Seed Whore
Could have been lead poisoning from cheap gasoline or carbon monoxide from a old muffler.

Get your car fixed and you'll save all the baby mice in the World.

therevverend

Veteran
Friend of mine had a pet rat. He was really old for a rodent, kinda going bald. He loved getting stoned and drinking beer. She'd fill a thimble and he'd kick back and sip it down. He had a little beer belly.
I have them in my patch, haven't touched the ganja but they do make holes near the plants. I'll pour a little water down the hole and that takes care of it. Otherwise they give the cat something to do.
There's rotten apples, blackberries, and plenty of other good stuff to eat out there. Probably why they've always left the plants alone. I guess I'm lucky they're the bane of a lot of growers.

Green Squall

Getting my car back today. Damn mice cost me $440 bucks. Intake filter was totally clogged with nest debris, causing the motor blower resister to melt. There goes my new grow light :wallbash:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I hate to say "I told ya",,, but, I told ya...

mice around your house, shop, shed and car are not your friends...

Green Squall

Well its not like I allowed them to build a nest. They managed to get into the blower motor through the engine air filter. Mechanic said he sees a lot of it this time of year. Need to look into some mouse deterrents right now.

troutman

Seed Whore
Well its not like I allowed them to build a nest. They managed to get into the blower motor through the engine air filter. Mechanic said he sees a lot of it this time of year. Need to look into some mouse deterrents right now.

Imagine if you could get a bag big enough to drive in and let the car run for 15 minutes.
The carbon monoxide would fumigate everything. Mind you the car would smell like a gas plant.

Maybe you can invent a vehicle condom? Drive in and close.
Then nothing fucks with your ride and it stays dry. :woohoo: