What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

For those TRAITORS who think cannabis should be taxed

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I give away a minimum of 5 pounds a year to sick people. And hundreds of clones. I do this because I realize that there's no way these people can even afford to pay a hundred bucks an ounce for good bud. And I live in an area where good bud is 250 an ounce,,,,tops....

Do you think that if the Govt got involved and charged 50 bucks and ounce in taxes that the price of bud would go up or down? How many dying people do you know that can afford to pay those prices? I truly think these "compassion" clubs don't want the Govt involved because then there will be a supply and they can't keep charging these outragious prices and ripping these people off. And I'd tell them this right to their face. If they were really concerned that these sick people needed to have these buds for their sickness they wouldn't be trying to rip them all off. They have ridden the tails of these sick people long enough. It wouldn't fly where I live....

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you do a cost comparison for weed compared to big pharma prescription drugs. You will see on a dose by dose average that weed is cheaper even at those grossly inflated prices.

Are you kidding me? You can get 50 hydrocodones for twenty dollars in a drug store. That won't get you a real joint at these clubs.

If people really want these sick and dying people to benefit from MMJ then there needs to be some kind of commision set up to make it so these sick and dying can really afford to benefit from bud. Because right now it's not happening. Because unless you come from a rich family you're not going to be able to afford much over a few grams a month. Do the math......

SSI check- 700 per month.

Dirty room for a month-500 per month

I don't think we need to go any further.......

Maybe we need to start a thread on how to make it possible for sick people to afford meds other than these "compassion clubs".....

Ipsissimus

seems to me if medical prices are significantly lower many, many growers will not sell their herbs to the medical community. Additionally, medical users will be greatly tempted to sell their meds. This would be bad for the medical community in the long run. We need to drive prices down across the board. Pot is expensive because it's still illegal for the average joe.

J

JackTheGrower

It's not "my" way. But it allready happened in 1996 with this little unknown thing called Proposition 215.

I think the populatal misconception is that the business will still have to pay all the taxes currently required by law. The ones that I pay right now. We just don't need a new specific tax based on the weight of weed.

Unfortunately I hate to say it, but it is. Don't listen to me, listen to what Dennis Peron and Jack Herer have to say.

Yeah at the end of the day we are all still smokers at heart!

We want CCI then because you can grow and give away as much as you want with the CaliforniaCannabisInitiative.org

I'm reading that this movement FF is alluding to is really the external, to California, market pressure.

Sure they want us to make it so they can compete but that's Interstate boys.. It's a No No...

I would love to live Tax free but that is not how a Capitalistic nation functions..

seems to me if medical prices are significantly lower many, many growers will not sell their herbs to the medical community. Additionally, medical users will be greatly tempted to sell their meds. This would be bad for the medical community in the long run. We need to drive prices down across the board. Pot is expensive because it's still illegal for the average joe.

the price of weed definitely has a lot to do with the risk involved, around where I live you can find yourself spending around 400+ for an ounce of some really dank homegrown shit which is pretty rediculous imo lol.

Koroz

the price of weed definitely has a lot to do with the risk involved, around where I live you can find yourself spending around 400+ for an ounce of some really dank homegrown shit which is pretty rediculous imo lol.

Where I am, and due to my lack of connections I spend 60 bucks for skimpy less then 3gram bags of low to mids. When I was in Southern Cali and I actually bought it instead of growing I would spend 40 and get 3.5-4grams of the dankest homegrown I could find.

Man I miss California....

tintala

on the other side of the token.
as a "real" farmer, there is NOO way I will be able to farm HEMP without taxes...farmers pay bucooo taxes for wheat ,corn,milo, livestock... just a thought....

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My theory is, if pot were legalized, we would have two to three times the number of people growing it in a short time. If that happened there would be a good supply on hand and the price would go down.

All those people aren't paying tuition to learn how to grow for nothing...., lol....

Ipsissimus

My theory is, if pot were legalized, we would have two to three times the number of people growing it in a short time. If that happened there would be a good supply on hand and the price would go down.

With prohibition, you have to add legal risk to the supply and demand equation. The price would drop because of both supply and reduced risk.

ReelBusy1

Breeder
ICMag Donor
on the other side of the token.
as a "real" farmer, there is NOO way I will be able to farm HEMP without taxes...farmers pay bucooo taxes for wheat ,corn,milo, livestock... just a thought....

Fuck that, I want goverment subsidy to grow hemp like corn farmers.

And either side of this debate calling the other traitors is detrimental to the fight for legalization overall but more specifically to any case you may be trying to make.

It comes across like the crazy anti-abortionists who can advocate violence saying the rest of the people who are "anti-abortion" are betraying their cause.

They become too radical to the rest of the movement and are marginalized while their independant actions bring down any advances the cause makes through legislation or election mandates. I'm pro-choice BTW and hate the gun toting doctor killers, just making an analogy.

and FF, "the people" did not end alchohol prohibition with propisitions, a small group of constitutional laywers made it possible for the President to sign the legislation required like now.
Because for all of your love for the success of Prop 215 here in CA the drug is still ille,gal in any circumstance under Federal Law even in CA, but if you want to argue with the DEA go right ahead.

ricard0

America has fallen into a rut. Perpetually content with bartering our forefathers' principles away for a few false and finite freedoms. Our great country has "compromised" itself into what we have today. Or rather, we have compromised.... over and over again. It's second nature nowadays IMO

And that's the 'rub'. To move a mob, many must acquiesce. Unfortunately, compromise seems unavoidable here as well.

I tip my hat to anyone Fighting for my Freedom. Especially when you're talkin' about my herb. But my principles will always be worth more than my weed. I can buy more weed. Getting your principles out of hock is a little trickier.

All the tempers a flarin' isn't a bad thing here. It's evidence that a great many feel very passionate about this issue. As well they should. And while the path to our collective goal may differ, let's remember where we're all headed and work from that place. Ignoring the sh!t we stepped in yesterday will only find us with the same old sh!t on our shoe tomorrow.

Sure i see validity on both sides of this issue. But i also see that the common denominator is and always will be $$. It's the 'all mighty dollar' my friends. As long as we keep chasin' a dollar so will the government. If they tax my herb, they may as well tax the ass i tap and the air i breathe.

Some freedoms should go without saying lol

J

JackTheGrower

I wish we could have had a State Wide cannabis Conference before we started this stuff..

But as it stands CCI is still the best thing going!

I did my 50 today.. That's over 100 in two days.. 900 to go.. At this rate I can do my 1000 signatures in a month..

So this Traitor is going to shower and relax now..

This is a really silly argument. Tax the shit outa weed, who cares? If its legal and you can grow it, how the hell are they going to regulate taxes? Even if its only legal to grow if you get some kind of special 'card' that would then allow the feds to know where your grow is to make sure you pay taxes on your weed. Just grow it illegally, don't pay taxes on it and smoke/sell it however you want to. Taxation/legalization would drop prices, which would make illegal cultivation much less appealing for $.

Taxation is the path to legalization.

Do I personally want to pay taxes on weed? no, that's bullshit. But welcome to America.

nephilthim

I agree with what Mr. Herer said in the quote, but unfortunately we live in the real world. There are no free lunches. There is no way mj will ever be legal and not be taxed. Legalization is a big enough hurdle. To expect legalization without any taxes is unrealistic. And to expect any kind of retribution for past offenses committed by the government it also pure fantasy. Such talk is nice rhetoric, but not based in reality.

To update that old rallying cry, "no prohibition without representation."

ahh tony i guess if they piss on you enough you actually might think it is raining.whos fault is that?no ones maybe your own for enabling your reasoning,of which your are entitled to your opine but hell would it hurt to just wish for no taxation instead of being resigned to being a doormat for the
next funding crisis for people who shouldn't breed anyways?the cup can be half full ,but also it can be half empty if you throw the piss back the way you aquired it like yoda said to luke "you must unlearn what you have learned"
anyways I have some gd s.d.o.g for your reeducation if your a prop215 card holder in so cal lol.:dueling::joint:

B

Blue Dot

ahh tony i guess if they piss on you enough you actually might think it is raining.whos fault is that?no ones maybe your own for enabling your reasoning,of which your are entitled to your opine but hell would it hurt to just wish for no taxation instead of being resigned to being a doormat for the
next funding crisis for people who shouldn't breed anyways?the cup can be half full ,but also it can be half empty if you throw the piss back the way you aquired it like yoda said to luke "you must unlearn what you have learned"

I wanna believe you Master yoda but i need you to show me proof where your philoshophy has actually worked in the past.

Apply your ideals to another commodity and show me where that panned out?

you are just one vote.

there are millions of paid lobbyists who are paid to vote a certain way.

How are you and a couple of your friends gonna out-vote them?

nephilthim

greased tapered poles inserted into their rectum with crows feasting on their eyes lining our roads to rival the old appian way maybe give some off the flies in my back yard a reason to travel.
burying loved ones precludes me the feelings of sympathy for people who would be better off being a green lump of a soylent green,but then again maybe then they would be in a useful form.
buffalo bob a.k.a. blue dot who cares what they think the people voted prop 215 language is very clear,and any attempts to modify it by a legislative body are unconstitutional. so f em all and if I need to ican squeeze their heads and see how much shit their boy/girlfriend,wife,domestic partner left me.

Skrappie

It's not "my" way. But it allready happened in 1996 with this little unknown thing called Proposition 215.

You keep saying similar things, but does it have any reliance to what most of the rest of us want? I want to be able to smoke on my porch. I'd like to grow hemp for fiber, perhaps take a stroll to the grocery store and buy some decent buds.

You can do most of that with Proposition 215, though not if you don't have a medical issue.

A lot of the passion that got your Proposition 215 voted in was compassion for people with medical related ailments.

Not too many people are going to vote for me being able to get high, just because i think its neat.