What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

For those TRAITORS who think cannabis should be taxed

SDOG

I'd double neg rep you given the opportuinity. Thanks for proving the point that you are a traitor however by going from doing good for the community to turning your back against it and suggesting the we finance the very machine that aims to destroy all.
:weakestli

TRUE THAT!!!

FUCK THE GOVERNMENT they dont give a fuck about us CLEARLY!!!!!

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
I see you also neg repped me for agreeing with Tony's comments.

You are a fool if you think you will accomplish anything within your lifetime by calling anyone a traitor. We are simply educated realists who see that if this change is to happen, and to happen sometime myself or my children can appreciate it, that we must first give something up to gain something new. Moreover what ideas have you proposed as an alternative to taxation??

Just because you lack understanding doesn't give you cause to criticize.

Perhaps in time you will see that we are stronger together than we are alone, and that your tactics here within this very thread serve to divide yourself from those who share you ideals.

REZDOG

Veteran
{Bangs head on wall}
Look,in ANY country,if simple taxation means "legitimacy",then I think none of you should fucking complain.
Good God,some people would complain about anything!!
UnfuckingREAL!
If it's taxed,and you don't agree,it's simple: DON'T PAY. (DUH!!)
Most of you,worldwide,if you even fucking file,already cheat on your fucking taxes-So,enough with the fucked-up,crybaby-ass whining.
You should all be so lucky,in our lifetime.
ALL cash crops are taxed-thinkthefuckaboutit,huh?
When has one NOT been?
FuuuuccccK.
You Cali boys go right ahead and slam the fucking door shut,right when there's the biggest foot in it,since Jimmy Carter was in office.
Shear the foot right off at mid-foot,blow the chance.
The Only Reason ANY government will legalize pot is for money.
(See: The Dutch Experiment for examples)
Anyhow,I hate taxation as much or more than any of you,but if the worldwide "legitimizing" of marijuana means I have to pay taxes on it to grow it,
I'll be happy enough to write the first fucking check.

~RD~

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran

Anyhow,I hate taxation as much or more than any of you,but if the worldwide "legitimizing" of marijuana means I have to pay taxes on it to grow it,
I'll be happy enough to write the first fucking check.

My sentiments exactly, well said.

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
I agree with tony on this one, fuckers will never be able to tax my closet though.
Thanks.

And you make a good point that many overlook when the issue of taxes is discussed. Everything I've seen about taxing cannabis is for its sale. Taxes don't apply to what you grow yourself. Just like if you buy beer, you pay taxes on it. But if you make your own, no taxes. Every time you buy anything, you are paying taxes, be it sales tax or some other tax. That's the way our local, state, and federal government make money. Legalizing cannabis is a big enough deal. To expect it to be the one item in our economy that is not taxed is just not realistic. Once we have legalization and the smoke clears, so to speak, the tax issue will straighten itself out. It pretty much has to, otherwise the black market will not go away.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I agree with tony on this one, fuckers will never be able to tax my closet though.
California Cannabis Intitiative.org Nobody is going to tax your closet.

Now, if you want to sell to the corner grocery store, you'll be looking at licensing and charging them tax, etc.... :D

danut

Thanks.

And you make a good point that many overlook when the issue of taxes is discussed. Everything I've seen about taxing cannabis is for its sale. Taxes don't apply to what you grow yourself. Just like if you buy beer, you pay taxes on it. But if you make your own, no taxes. Every time you buy anything, you are paying taxes, be it sales tax or some other tax. That's the way our local, state, and federal government make money. Legalizing cannabis is a big enough deal. To expect it to be the one item in our economy that is not taxed is just not realistic. Once we have legalization and the smoke clears, so to speak, the tax issue will straighten itself out. It pretty much has to, otherwise the black market will not go away.
How about this:

People only pay taxes on it at the liquor store.

Growers can sell, but only to liquor stores. No taxes on that sale.

Growers can grow and smoke it .. no taxes on them.

Liquor stores are already licensed by the state to sell recreational drugs. Alcohol and cigarettes. Let all of these existing licenses also cover the sale of marijuana and to collect a "sale tax" on the marijuana they retail.

Both no taxes and special sales tax at the same time.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's never going to happen. If weed is legalized and untaxed, then the Govt would have to remove taxes from Alcohol, gas, oil, cigs, clothes and everything else.

You Cali people need to worry about getting the bud legalized and then worry about fighting the taxes later.... You can fight taxes another day..... Get that precedent set and get legalization on the books....

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
You Cali people need to worry about getting the bud legalized and then worry about fighting the taxes later.... You can fight taxes another day..... Get that precedent set and get legalization on the books....
:yeahthats

Have you signed the petition yet? CCI!!

G

GR8shoeBaDizzle

i dont under stand FF........if it would help to make it legal they why wouldn't you pay taxes on it...i mean you pay taxes on everything....why not pot? you pay taxes on the nutrients to the internet that you use to post stuff like this...i love the passion but no the logic my friend.....i would gladly pay a growers tax every year...

peace
shoe....

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Well it really won't be legalization if you can get sent to jail for not paying the taxes on the herb. It won't be legalization when people are still limited to quanties of living plants and dead plant matter.

Swing and a miss. Yah . . . the crime would be tax related, thus having nothing to do with the legality of the possession/cultivation of that which you failed to pay tax on . . . . . . .

If you support taxation then you are not on the marijuana team. You may as well go sign up for police academy.

Really, that's your position? I don't think any of us came to the table saying, "Gee, how can we get this legalized so that we can pay taxes on it" but it certainly seems to be a bargaining chip that we can use to make headway. See the following:

It's never going to happen. If weed is legalized and untaxed, then the Govt would have to remove taxes from Alcohol, gas, oil, cigs, clothes and everything else.

Well summarized. The "cross that bridge when you get to it" approach. Sometimes if we get bogged down in quibbling over the details of a thing, we wind up finding the moment has passed and we let it get away arguing amongst ourselves.

Don't lose sight . . .

Grizvok

I'd double neg rep you given the opportuinity. Thanks for proving the point that you are a traitor however by going from doing good for the community to turning your back against it and suggesting that we finance the very machine that aims to destroy all.
:weakestli

Get a clue and stop spewing bullshit.

Let me clear something up for you, every single person in this thread (nay, every marijuana smoker minus dealers) would LOVE to see marijuana legalized without having to pay taxes to the federal government. Who wouldn't? We get weed cheaper and we don't have to pay the government to support their actions which many of us do not agree with including myself. Do you actually think that I WANT to give money to the government for something else; something they've been so naive and deaf over for the past however many years.

What's the rub here? It's called being realistic. Politicians aren't going to legalize marijuana based solely on the idea that the majority of voters want it. They want and desire money and are going to get everything out of it that they possibly can when and if they decide to legalize it. This is definitely going along with your view of our government as an often criminal and ultra-capitalistic entity, isn't it? In this situation you are an ineffective lobbyist for legalizing marijuana because you are asking entirely too much of an entity that thrives on taking as much as possible from its citizens. It has been that way in the past and it will be that way in the future. It is my opinion that the legalization of marijuana is worth 6-8% sales tax, because I don't see light at the end of the tunnel for the fight you are trying to win despite that fact that I agree with you.

B

Blue Dot

...i mean you pay taxes on everything....why not pot? you pay taxes on the nutrients to the internet that you use to post stuff like this...i love the passion but no the logic my friend.....i would gladly pay a growers tax every year...

but you don't pay taxes on the tomatos you grow in your back yard.

You pay sales taxes on the nutrients for them but not for the growing of the end product.

It's called being self-sufficient, something this country has completely forgotten about but what was the driving backbone of bringing this country out of the great depression, similar to the one we are in now.

They didn't pay taxes on "Victory gardens".

xlatit

I feel like this happens though. We all get caught up in philosophies from time to time.

but that's me playing the devil's advocate. Fuck it, make it so wei can grow on our porches and I'll be cool.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The only way weed wil become legalized is if it helps the government make more money. this sucks, but it is reality. I imagine the people will fight to have mmj patient not to be taxed. See the government says that sickness should not be profitable, in their fight for national healthcare, then to turn around and tax mmj patients. that wont be a hard fight to win. I imagine recreational tax will never disapear.

G

GR8shoeBaDizzle

but you don't pay taxes on the tomatos you grow in your back yard.

You pay sales taxes on the nutrients for them but not for the growing of the end product.

It's called being self-sufficient, something this country has completely forgotten about but what was the driving backbone of bringing this country out of the great depression, similar to the one we are in now.

They didn't pay taxes on "Victory gardens".

I truly see your point... but if you grow tomato's to sell them then you have to pay taxes because that is some sort of income of self employment.

One of the main plus the Government sees in legalizing pot is being able to tax it some how. I'm all for paying a growers tax for personal use and I'm sure I'm not the only one...

peace
shoe

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^only tax the people making the money off of it is what you are trying to say, right? that i can live with

If you allow taxation then you give them the means to control you,you pay for the next surveillance camera to watch you. You change the law and allow them to come in your house and check on you.you create more people to babysit you. You give up your freedom and legitimize the corporate takeover of cannabis.

Their is no way that they can win if you stand your ground and tell them to fuck off with this talk of taxation. It would be like the INDIANS accepting the PILGRIMS knowing how history has played out.

Reasons why government is in no position to bargain.

People are seeing how IMMORAL it is to lock up people for Cannabis even selling it.This is highlighted by the fact, that one person can have the Eyes and Ears of hundreds of thousands of people who feel the same way online, this is POWER.

It is Bankrupting the United States state by state slowly but surely. It is financially unsustainable. Period and fact, they have to blink first or face a total collapse within government.

Drug exporting countries are seeing the futility of the War on Drugs and are realizing that the UNITED STATE'S approach using Violence to stop the trafficking is TOTALLY DESTROYING THEIR OWN GOVERNMENTS and have had it, No matter how much of your Hard earned tax dollars go to bribe these foreign government officials to keep up this sham of a war

Taxation, When these motherfuckers just stole more than a billion dollars in the Bank Bailout not the Stimulus which was more like giving a packet of lube to your victim after they ass raped you.