What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

For longtime habitual smokers ONLY... health?

O

OrganicOzarks

This conversation has gone into a place that is not productive. The "science" that is being said is being used very loosley. Let me say this one thing. NOT EVERYONE IS BUILT THE SAME! YOu can not say that I get negative effects when I smoke then so should everyone else. That is plain retarted. You can speak about your experiences, and say this is how it is with me, but I know that it is not that way with everyone. Maybe take a poll, and see what percentage of people on here have the same effects. SOmething like that, but to lump everyone into the same mold is impossible. I can sit here all day, and introduce you to people that have been smoking for 60 plus years that do not go to the doctor, that do not take prescription medicines, that do not have any form of lung disease, and all of their peers in other places are in nursing homes, but they are out chopping wood for an entire 8 hour day. Then they go home and work around the gardern or the house. What you say is not true. I see the proof every minute of everyday. EVERYONE IS NOT THE SAME! PERIOD!

Everyone knows long distance runners smoke before a race.

What is this, 1959? Everyone knows that smoking does not help out with cardiovascular activity. Also, your lungs are permanently damaged from smoking, the alveolar sacs which act to pass oxygen into your blood do -not- heal themselves. Your lungs may improve, or clean out to some extent, but permanent, irreversible damage is incurred via smoking anything - whether it's MJ, cigs, a piece of cotton, or a piece of dried dog shit!

This conversation has gone into a place that is not productive. The "science" that is being said is being used very loosley. Let me say this one thing. NOT EVERYONE IS BUILT THE SAME! YOu can not say that I get negative effects when I smoke then so should everyone else. That is plain retarted. You can speak about your experiences, and say this is how it is with me, but I know that it is not that way with everyone. Maybe take a poll, and see what percentage of people on here have the same effects. SOmething like that, but to lump everyone into the same mold is impossible. I can sit here all day, and introduce you to people that have been smoking for 60 plus years that do not go to the doctor, that do not take prescription medicines, that do not have any form of lung disease, and all of their peers in other places are in nursing homes, but they are out chopping wood for an entire 8 hour day. Then they go home and work around the gardern or the house. What you say is not true. I see the proof every minute of everyday. EVERYONE IS NOT THE SAME! PERIOD!
It doesn't matter if the people didn't go to a doctor, they're biological performance as a whole is negatively affected by smoke, without a single doubt. Yes, we are all the same to a very certain extent. And yes, if your whole community gets stoned every day, if they balanced it out a little more, they would indeed perform better. It's just simple reality, no matter how much you like to get stoned. And yes, your memory is negatively affected while you're high, it's been proven beyond a doubt by analyzing what areas of the brain are affected by mj. Etc etc. It's all out there, and to any objective person it's obvious. You are not objective in my opinion, in any way, regarding this topic - you're highly bias, as is Mezz, and the guy claiming runners smoke weed because it helps..running. Insanity!

Im gonna stop there, because I just realized we threw this thread's subject way off course, and are cluttering it.

What is this, 1959? Everyone knows that smoking does not help out with cardiovascular activity. Also, your lungs are permanently damaged from smoking, the alveolar sacs which act to pass oxygen into your blood do -not- heal themselves. Your lungs may improve, or clean out to some extent, but permanent, irreversible damage is incurred via smoking anything - whether it's MJ, cigs, a piece of cotton, or a piece of dried dog shit!

Why are these studies out showing zero long term lung damage? Zero lung disease from smoking Cannabis.

O

OrganicOzarks

EVERYONE runs better after not smoking/vaping for a few weeks

EVERYONE!

That doesn't make sense. Science proves what you just said is wrong. Not everyone is made the same. That is proof. That is scientifically proven. What you just said counters science, and goes against the point that you are trying to make. Not everyone has the same effect on their body from not smoking for a week. Let me go one step further, and add that I know someone that has cancer, and that has had it for about 3 years now. She has done chemo, has no hair, not much of a an appetite, and just in general looks and feels like she has cancer. I will bet that if she quite smoking for a week she would not even be able to walk let alone run. Again do not lump people into to same catagory it makes you look ignorant.

THC123

Veteran
That doesn't make sense. Science proves what you just said is wrong. Not everyone is made the same. That is proof. That is scientifically proven. What you just said counters science, and goes against the point that you are trying to make.

no what you jsut said doesn't make any sense

I'm talking bout cardio and the ability to take oxigen , doing cardiovascular activities ,
Let me go one step further

that is not going one step further , that is changing the subject

Fastest 60 meter sprinter in the world smokes:

American world indoor sprint favorite Ivory Williams has tested positive for marijuana and ruled ineligible for the world championships, costing the event one of its key match-ups, officials said on Wednesday.

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) said Williams had tested positive for a metabolite of marijuana at the U.S. indoor championships in February and had been disqualified from all results at the meeting, thus nullifying his chance to compete in the world championships. [...]

The 24-year-old former world junior champion ran the fastest 60 meters in the world this season, 6.49 seconds, to win the American indoor title on February 28 in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

THC123

Veteran
now you're talking lungcancer , i'm talkin bout smoke(ANY SMOKE) that caue your lungs to temporarily be able to take up less oxigen , thus you won't be able to use your body's full potential during sports

@ MEzz , so ? you think he smokes from dusk till dawn every day? i am sure he doesn't

Let him smoke for years and years , every day , ;)

I know it affected me when I used to play baseball. There was a few times I blazed up before games. Running and hitting wasnt really an issue, catching fly balls was. But, I always played better when I wasnt high, I know that much.

now you're talking lungcancer , i'm talkin bout smoke(ANY SMOKE) that caue your lungs to temporarily be able to take up less oxigen , thus you won't be able to use your body's full potential during sports

@ MEzz , so ? you think he smokes from dusk till dawn every day? i am sure he doesn't

How does that square with Ivory Williams' 6.49?

Dude tested positive. He must have been smoking a fair bit huh? I doubt it was like two months before or something.

Bulldog11

Veteran
Been smoking cannabis for 15 years heavily. I take small breaks every now and again but for the most part I smoke all day every day. Cannabis treats people differently. I couldn't go and smoke before I work out, but my buddy must smoke before working out. Makes my muscles tired, makes him concentrate more on certain muscle groups. I think for the most part you should know what the effects are if you have been smoking for 10 years. Just amplify your negative effects by 10 if you want to know where you will be with your 50.

Smoking anything is bad because of tars and carconogins. However, you live in a big city? How much carbon monoxide are you breathing everyday? We know carbon monoxide can cause cancer.

In Europe all there produce is label when genetic modified produce is on the shelves. Studies have shown that genetic modified produce cause major side effects on mice. However, USA and Canada are pushing these products on hundreds of millions of people every day.

You ever hear the phrase "10 million ways to die, choose one?"

THC123

Veteran
Let him keep smoking his ass off for 25 years , then see:) , nah this is really getting dumb , lol believe whatever you want

O

OrganicOzarks

no what you jsut said doesn't make any sense

I'm talking bout cardio and the ability to take oxigen , doing cardiovascular activities ,

that is not going one step further , that is changing the subject

I did not change the subject. The subject was that EVERYONE can run better if they do not smoke for a week. I proved to you that everyoine is different. That's all. Just because you don't like my answer does not make it changing the subject, or even wrong. It was correct. Based off of your statement my statement was correct. I feel like I am arguing with my teenager. I have to stop now. We have entered the realm of childishness. This is what I do to my teenager. "you are right. I am wrong." Done deal. Peace out!!!