What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

For longtime habitual smokers ONLY... health?

GoozMan

As I understand it, smoke is the burning of solid particles into gas particles from heating. When those particles cool, the solidify again, wherever they are. Inhaling smoke of any kind, cigarette, cannabis, fireplace, exhaust pipe, will deposit solid particles into your lungs. Vaping is better: and from experience I know that I get a heavier feeling in my lungs from smoking than from vaping, and you didn't burn those heavier plant elements to later be deposited into your lungs.

Andre, if your oxygen meter never moved from 99%, that is perhaps a sign that it is broken :)

Your totally right there on the soda, its my other big vice and a big problem to me health. I don't drink coffee or smoke cigs and coke classic is the only thing that can wake me up the the AM or keep me going during a long work day. I know its horrible for me but Im just not willing to give it up.

I hear ya man..Mine was Pepsi...same shit different brand..three a day maybe more.

Carbonated water - makes your stomach expand overtime causing beer belly gut...sodas do it too

HFCS - Fructose Corn Syrup, everyone knows this one, completely unneeded by the body

Caramel Color - Artificial Coloring

Sugar - Pure 100% refined sugar - no nutritional value - should be classified as a drug in it's own right

Phosphoric acid - Inorangic Mineral acid ..cleans gunk of car battery..fun stuff for the liver
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphoric_acid

Caffeine - Americas drug - unneeded by the body unless somewhat dependent
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/caffeine/

Citric Acid - food acid - same acid in lemons

Natural Flavors - lemon extract more acid

image_kosherforpassovercaffeinefreepepsi4.jpg

All of these ingredients are bound make the body give to disease..it's creates a perfect breeding ground for cancer to breed....Sugary, acidic environments and the acid eating away at your insides over time...the cells start to form differently and mutate

The body is alkaline aside from stomach acid...
Not a very good one to be drinking daily..I've red it takes 32 glasses of alkaline water to neutralize one can of pepsi in the stomach..that's scary shit..if our bodies couldn't neutralize it in our stomachs it would kill us. But that makes one think, how much energy the body uses to pass this stuff...

I drink water. rarely touch coffee almost never drink alcohol anymore and will not touch a soda no matter what. I can almost safely say it's safer to 'smoke' some heroin than it is to down a 6 pack of pepsi..

GoozMan

I don't know how this turned into the soda thread, but truer words have never been spoken. It's my worst addiction, right up there with tv. I crave it, submit, and then my body feels like shit in so many ways.

Sacredthcritual - my wife also drinks water exclusively. I envy you both.

I don't know how this turned into the soda thread, but truer words have never been spoken. It's my worst addiction, right up there with tv. I crave it, submit, and then my body feels like shit in so many ways.

Sacredthcritual - my wife also drinks water exclusively. I envy you both.

Health of tokers thread and a lot of people who blaze have poor eating habits. I don't look down on my homies for drinking that third can of Monster or eating loads of sugar candy. That's their choice and they can change it if they want to and I respect that. I have reached a point in my life where I'm very observant of all the little things that we all do. Everyday many of us do the things that we do every other day..this whether you call it this word or not, is a daily ritual..I have removed soda and the majority of television from my trip..even if you decide to keep the two in your trip I encourage you to take a hiatus from both and build a contrast and see if you notice a difference..so many of us were raised with the same inputs that it seems natural to just drink a coke and watch TV for hours..since I have made these changes, I sleep fuller and my dreams are more vivid, I get higher from herb, my taste buds are different I like fruit when I used to hate it..I stay awake at work without sugar or caffeine which used to be impossible...my weight & skin color improved..no headaches anymore so no need for tylenol or anything of that sort..I don't have heart burn anymore period!!...hated that...I had a buddy that would drink 4-5 Monsters a day..no joke. Worst part was he would chase those with liquid antacid like bottles of it...I don't want to think about it anymore...

Television is a bombardment on the mind on many levels but has been so thoroughly embraced and accepted globally. It's not just what we choose to watch, it's the nature of television and how it works on the brain is what makes it dangerous... Having some people growing up without a television being off...I think we all ought to bring ourselves back to baseline to show ourselves and children what we do without it. I think many can break sugar addictions over the television addiction..television to our brains is like a moth to an outdoor light at night. TV and sugar go hand in hand working on the brain, both enacting pleasure sensors in the brain, it keeps people content with doing repetitive things and accepting cultures that may not be our own creation.

Mary Jane, our herb, Has helped me realize and cope with the nonsense in our country.. we all have a choice what we put into our bodies/minds and what we let come out of our mouth. if you are the center of your trip, your mandala, you need to make sure you are behind the wheel. :tiphat:

AndreNicky

As I understand it, smoke is the burning of solid particles into gas particles from heating. When those particles cool, the solidify again, wherever they are. Inhaling smoke of any kind, cigarette, cannabis, fireplace, exhaust pipe, will deposit solid particles into your lungs.

This is what you think happens but is it a reality? We have no evidence this is what happens when you smoke cannabis or other non toxic herbal smokes

Andre, if your oxygen meter never moved from 99%, that is perhaps a sign that it is broken :)

It did move from 99%, for other people. :)

GoozMan

Andre, don't be silly. Yes it is a reality. Just because I started with "As I understand it" doesn't mean I'm not sure, but rather I'm trying to be civil. Smoke is smoke, carcinogenic or not. I'm not speaking towards the carcinogens, but rather the nature of heating up particles until they become gas, and then cool again and become solid. You're asking me to defend science that's been around for hundreds of years, theorized by the Greeks thousands of years ago - the laws of molecular motion. Look it up dude. Regarding your oxygen meter, our blood becomes almost 100% saturated with blood at every breath. If you held your breath for a minute and let your blood course through your body, saturation would drop to something like 95%. That's not what we're talking about here. Your lungs become less efficient at transferring O2 for CO2 when the spaces in your lungs (alveoli) become filled with the solid particles from condensed smoke. To be sure, I mean no offense to you or your culture/religion, and i like that there are cultures in the world that embrace that sort of thing; just want to set the record straight.

Andre, don't be silly. Yes it is a reality. Just because I started with "As I understand it" doesn't mean I'm not sure, but rather I'm trying to be civil. Smoke is smoke, carcinogenic or not. I'm not speaking towards the carcinogens, but rather the nature of heating up particles until they become gas, and then cool again and become solid. You're asking me to defend science that's been around for hundreds of years, theorized by the Greeks thousands of years ago - the laws of molecular motion. Look it up dude. Regarding your oxygen meter, our blood becomes almost 100% saturated with blood at every breath. If you held your breath for a minute and let your blood course through your body, saturation would drop to something like 95%. That's not what we're talking about here. Your lungs become less efficient at transferring O2 for CO2 when the spaces in your lungs (alveoli) become filled with the solid particles from condensed smoke. To be sure, I mean no offense to you or your culture/religion, and i like that there are cultures in the world that embrace that sort of thing; just want to set the record straight.

How do you reconcile this idea with Cannabis smoke being a bronchodilator? You know, something that opens the alveoli and increases airflow?

GoozMan

Well you bring up a great point mezzo, and let me preface that I'm not sure. I myself have asthmatic reactions to certain allergens, and I've noticed that pot, even smoking it, increases my tolerance to those allergens.

These two mechanisms seem to be at odds with each other (clogging AND dilating alveoli) and that there could conceivably be a net balance of nothing left in your lungs. I don't remember which cannabinoid is responsible for the bronchodilation, maybe THC, in which case cooking might be the better delivery method to relieve asthma. And if you're willing to concede that, it's not a far stretch of the imagination that smoking is ultimately, to some unknown degree, harmful to the lungs. Again, while I'm not sure of the net effect between these two mechanisms, I have to imagine that, at best, there is less residue in the lungs, and at worst the dilation of alveoli allows smoke and thus solid particles to penetrate and deposit deeper into the lungs. That's scary.

GoozMan

And why is this thread showing a page 13 when there is none? I clicked on it a bunch before I realized nothing was happening.

GoozMan

Everyday many of us do the things that we do every other day..this whether you call it this word or not, is a daily ritual.

I read this again just now; in my haste the first time I think I missed it. I really like your perspective here. Got me thinking about mine.

Well you bring up a great point mezzo, and let me preface that I'm not sure. I myself have asthmatic reactions to certain allergens, and I've noticed that pot, even smoking it, increases my tolerance to those allergens.

These two mechanisms seem to be at odds with each other (clogging AND dilating alveoli) and that there could conceivably be a net balance of nothing left in your lungs. I don't remember which cannabinoid is responsible for the bronchodilation, maybe THC, in which case cooking might be the better delivery method to relieve asthma. And if you're willing to concede that, it's not a far stretch of the imagination that smoking is ultimately, to some unknown degree, harmful to the lungs. Again, while I'm not sure of the net effect between these two mechanisms, I have to imagine that, at best, there is less residue in the lungs, and at worst the dilation of alveoli allows smoke and thus solid particles to penetrate and deposit deeper into the lungs. That's scary.

There was a time when I lived with four cats and was having bad asthma symptoms to the point where I could not get a good breath, let alone sleep. Although I knew that smoking would provide relief, I was angrily told by the cat owner that "Pot is an IRRITANT!!!" Well, I got my "pot" and my symptoms all but vanished. The person had to admit I was no longer wheezing.

I think smoking is a great method of relieving asthma and I'm pretty sure it is far more effective than eating cooked Cannabis. It's immediate and it works and it doesn't even cause lung disease.

geopolitical

Vladimir Demikhov Fanboy
Veteran
Multiple decades under the belt. That being said I've also got brain damage so I'm already forgetful when I'm sober, I don't need help.

I got through two degrees and a fairly full career with that sort of smoking pattern when I was working in an area I could get away with it. Zero issues over the years due to it.

I do have some nasty lungs, switching to a high end vape and edibles pretty much ended that problem. In fact, my lung function IMPROVES when I'm high according to the flow meter.

I have had some moderate personality changes, but I mean, I've suffered some serious cranial damage, so the verdict is out.

I read this again just now; in my haste the first time I think I missed it. I really like your perspective here. Got me thinking about mine.

glad to hear

that's what it is all about

switch up your angles of looking at things daily..that's what I use these psychoactive plants for