What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

For longtime habitual smokers ONLY... health?

S

sparkjumper

I am one of THOSE stoners and have been for 30 years and I'd put my intellect up against any non smoker out there.Only 25% of people that take their electrical journermans test pass it the first time.I smoked when I awoked,I smoked bnefore and after school.I never let up and passed with a high grade.This I swear to god cause I know people bullshit

It doesn't require much intellect, I've found, just a little knowledge with regard to knowing how the body's physiology works.
I guess it does involve some intellect/objectivity in terms of the willingness to accept that reality, I feel.
Most people I see saying otherwise lack the objectivity to break it to themselves, in other words, denial.
Also, studying for a test and doing well is different than a collective sense of having a clouded mind on a daily basis.
I liken the effects of constant toking to constantly being tired/slow/not as mentally acute, it's just...reality, to me, to acknowledge that.

O

OrganicOzarks

Quote from Moldyfrogtoe

"Aside from that, I've noticed that constant use (like yours) of mj leads to
Demotivation
Clouded thinking
Absolutely no dreams (Im on day 18 of no MJ for the first time in a while I have been dreaming - had 4 different dreams last night!!!!)
Imbalanced emotions
Lack of sex drive or motivation to be social"

All I have to say is, "are you high."
I have always had an over active mind, and mj makes it so that it slows it down enough for me to use it.
I am the single hardest working person that you will ever meet. I work 7 days a week. Not because I have to but because I enjoy working. I don't need the money, and I do not work for someone. I just enjoy working.
I was just woken up by my youngest, and I was smack dab in the middle of a dream at 8:30 in the morning.
The one thing that everyone always says about me is , "you may not like what he has to say, but you always know what you are going to get from him."
I like to fuck everyday. Let me repeat this. I like to fuck EVERYDAY!

What you have said is some of the stupidist shit that I think that I have ever heard. YOu need to go to a community that is based around marijuana, and that has been for 40 to 50 years. A community where it is ingrained into everything that is done. Where you know more people that grow than don't grow. Somewhere that almost everyone smokes all day. Guess what? Thats where I live, and the people are all like me. THey are some of the hardest working, highly motivated people that I have had the pleasure of meeting in my entire life. They are very family oriented, and live a wonderful life which includes being in nature quite a lot to enjoy what the planet has to offer. My entire town is nothing, but pot heads. Mostly older pot heads that are in their 60's to 70's. I know a woman that is 74, and works more, and harder than I do. I am more than half her age. What you have said is complete and utter bullshit, and I can not believe that you would even say such a thing on this forum. It is completly disgusting. You might as well called someone that is black some sort of derrogatory racist term. That is the level of ignorance that your comment is at. You sir need to go back to school, and learn about the subject that you are trying to speak.

S

sparkjumper

Man have you ever worked construction?I know the opposite of what you say is true for me and by my experience I would say many many others.I'd be draggin ass running conduit boring boring then someone would have a joint and guess what,the slow boring work I was doing suddenly became interesting and I would begin testing myself to see how fast I can get done and still do a beautiful piperun.I'm sorry it slows you down bro and I suspect it may slow some others down,but I'd say thats a small minority.Note we are talking adults here and a lot of 20 years olds arent adults lolEDIT ABSOLUTELY NO DREAMS???Dude now you are just freakin me out I dream every single night without fail.And sex?????Its a frickin aprhodesiac you need to get peter piper checked out

EnjoiKush

I like the post moldyfrog but I feel its misguided and filled with fear mongering.

Smoking is perhaps one of the most toxic things you can do to your body.

Care to show us any prove for this comment? Is this just your opinion?

Your lungs didn't evolve, in any way, to suck down plumes of "tar" (total aersol residue) or carcinogens (namely Polyaromatic hydrocarbons - PAHs).

How are you certain our lungs haven't evolved to deal with smoke? We have been utilizing fire for over 750 thousand years, its possible that we may have evolved to deal with some of these toxic byproducts of smoke.

After stopping for a good amount of time I've realized just how bad/constricted my lungs were once I tried any sort of cardio exercise

Your blaming the weed for your lack of fitness?? Maybe try eating healthier and actually training up cardio?? Your not gonna be able to go out and do a bunch of cardio if you don't otherwise do any, it has nothing to do with the weed. I feel like this comment is a huge cop out because I do endurance activities on the daily and I have major cardiovascular strength.

The rest of your post is more anecdotal claims, the rest of the problems you mentioned are problems you create for yourself. Marijuana just enables you to be a lazy dumbass, it doesn't make you into one.

My expierence with marijuana totally contradicts yours so my thinking is its really just dependant on the person. If your already lazy, eat unhealthy and partake in other damaging practices marijuana probably will just make you worse. On the other hand if you use it responsibly and take care of yourself it can be used as a great relaxant, medicinal, recreational drug with very little negative side effects :)

Working hard is different than working smart, for one thing
I too am a hard worker, and I feel MJ slows me down, makes me cloudy, physically & mentally
It's a drug, and it isn't something I optimally function on, nor is it what I was designed to optimally function on, generally speaking.
I accept that reality, and it doesn't hurt my feelings to acknowledge that.

Again, it's all on what your accepted baseline is.
My baseline reference is what I am like when completely sober, compared to daily use
Your baseline is obviously a little different. No need to take it personally.

By the way, all lifelong stoners I meet are clearly a little slower and less critical of their actions, in my opinion.
But that's just my experience, with my baseline being applied. No need to take it personally.

Man have you ever worked construction?I know the opposite of what you say is true for me and by my experience I would say many many others.I'd be draggin ass running conduit boring boring then someone would have a joint and guess what,the slow boring work I was doing suddenly became interesting and I would begin testing myself to see how fast I can get done and still do a beautiful piperun.I'm sorry it slows you down bro and I suspect it may slow some others down,but I'd say thats a small minority.Note we are talking adults here and a lot of 20 years olds arent adults lol

I did physical labor for at least half of my 10 years of daily smoking, and still do, when I have the chance, aside from being very athletic every day.

I never enjoyed smoking before school, it made the day slow, painful, and unbearable, in addition to my not being able to process information optimally, or remember it. Same goes with work of any kind that I do. Again, just my experience, I don't see why you guys get so personal about this. If you knew who I was you probably wouldn't get so personal about it, I'm not some douche anti MJ'er or something, I just consider myself to be a realist, and accept that huffing plumes of smoke, or constantly using mj, is not biologically optimal, and that is confirmed not only by science, but by personal experience.

S

sparkjumper

You know man it just occurred to me you are perfectly describing the effects of opiates/opiods,not cannabis.Thaty'll make short work of your sexlife and motivation

THC123

Veteran
@ MEzz

Oh comon just blow some smoke through a white handkerchief , that is what you do to your lungs , and that is what you are hacking up

plus when you smoke , you have less oxigen in your blood , try lifting sober , I'm sure it will go better , wear a cardiometer to read the difference

I like weed , but let's be realistic here

Fuck for once even I agree with Hoosier , what is the world coming to?

You know man it just occurred to me you are perfectly describing the effects of opiates/opiods,not cannabis.Thaty'll make short work of your sexlife and motivation

I wasn't saying it will completely kill your motivation to get horny, I liken it to a 'dulling' of motivation to go be social, and to set out to go get some in the first place. That's just me though, but it's confirmed with a lot of other people I talk to...mj makes em less social, definitely, and more accepting of apathy/not doing as much, overall.

Opiates probably take it to a whole 'nother level, and are even worse in this sense - they are true narcotics!

S

sparkjumper

If you are interested in the truth google cannabis study to lungs 2006.This study was done by NIDA.They admit they were shocked to find marijuana showed no harmful effects to the lungs and didnt cause cancer.People that smoked erb and cigarettes fared much better when it came to lung disease than people that just smoked cigarettes.Check it outEDIT just put in cannabis study 2006.I misspoke before I meant that it wasnt a carcinogen.You can get copd from living in mexico city for christs sake

No harmful effects to the lungs? That has got to be the most outlandish thing I have ever heard claimed about smoking mj, representative of completely unrealistic denial, in my opinion.

Again, I don't look down on anyone for their views on what mj does to them, I just disagree and try to see things as realistically as I believe possible, with scientific and anecdotal evidence to confirm those thoughts. So be it..nothing personal.

O

OrganicOzarks

Every job in my town is done high. The cooks, construction, the shop owners, City council, The Mayor, I think everyone, but the cops. Actually one of the cops from the carribean has a raggea band, and sometimes I think that he smokes too. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but yours just happens to be wrong. My small tourist town supplies almost all of the tax revenue for the entire county. That is why Marijuana is not enforced here like the rest of the State. Because it is all pot heads. Everyone grows their own, and it has been that way since the 60's. Nothing is changing here except that the marijuana is getting better, and some of the old techniques are finally dying off. That is a good thing though. It sounds to me like you are very young, and that you have had some sort of bad experience with marijuana. So now you take your one experience, and say that evryone needs to fit into what happened to you. You are no different than a sexist, a racist, or any other kind of ist that is out there. You are making yourself look stupid by the very words that come out of your mouth. It seems to me that you should just plead ignorance and quite while your ahead because anyone that lives in a marijuana community will tell you that you might be a little bit retarted.

THC123

Veteran
I don't need a study to feel the difference when going biking with or without having smoked , even vaping has a negative influence before intense activities

I think many people that say it has no adverse effects never did sports decently for a long time , now i am a couchpotato burt before i was always in the fitness and there is a massive difference when doing sports with or without smokin/vaping

S

sparkjumper

I messed up befor.Put in cannabis study 2006.I think it'll surprise a lot of people.

@ MEzz

Oh comon just blow some smoke through a white handkerchief , that is what you do to your lungs , and that is what you are hacking up

plus when you smoke , you have less oxigen in your blood , try lifting sober , I'm sure it will go better , wear a cardiometer to read the difference

I like weed , but let's be realistic here

Fuck for once even I agree with Hoosier , what is the world coming to?

I've heard this analogy before with a bong instead of the handkerchief. The only problem with that is lungs are a lot more complex than those things. They are alive and keep cleaning themselves constantly (thanks to my girl for adding that.)

Every job in my town is done high. The cooks, construction, the shop owners, City council, The Mayor, I think everyone, but the cops. Actually one of the cops from the carribean has a raggea band, and sometimes I think that he smokes too. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but yours just happens to be wrong. My small tourist town supplies almost all of the tax revenue for the entire county. That is why Marijuana is not enforced here like the rest of the State. Because it is all pot heads. Everyone grows their own, and it has been that way since the 60's. Nothing is changing here except that the marijuana is getting better, and some of the old techniques are finally dying off. That is a good thing though. It sounds to me like you are very young, and that you have had some sort of bad experience with marijuana. So now you take your one experience, and say that evryone needs to fit into what happened to you. You are no different than a sexist, a racist, or any other kind of ist that is out there. You are making yourself look stupid by the very words that come out of your mouth. It seems to me that you should just plead ignorance and quite while your ahead because anyone that lives in a marijuana community will tell you that you might be a little bit retarted.

Like I said, you have a different baseline of what is normal functioning of a human body. I would contend that if everyone who you claim smokes MJ were to not use it on a daily basis, and use it conservatively, aka not abuse it, then you guys would be doing a lot better than you are now. Sure, you can get by being high daily, but if you were to balance it out more, you could do better. You can have too much of a good thing, even if it's exercise, for example.

THC123

Veteran
don't you people feel things??? huh , don't tell me you run better before taking a bong hit i love weed but comon people don't act retarded be realistic , smoke is smoke

stop smoking/vaping for a week and feel the difference

don't you people feel things??? huh , don't tell me you run better before taking a bong hit i love weed but comon people don't act retarded be realistic , smoke is smoke

stop smoking/vaping for a week and feel the difference

Everyone knows long distance runners smoke before a race.