What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

For All The New Outdoor Growers

PureSativa420

well if someone is following you then id turn around and ask them why theyre following you around the damn woods?, i mean its a free country and you can roam wherever you want and what not but people do get weird and supicious!

when i go out to my plants it usually early in the morning or in the afternoon! as most people work between 6am and 5pm! well less there like me and work akward shifts/hours

another thing about goin to the plots is if your carrying water in, looks quite odd your always going in the same area every 2/3 days with a backpack!

why i always try to plant away from people in the trees and can come n go as i please without any worries of running into people, well i have come into eye sight of some people on atvs and what not but oh wells cant always have the woods to ya self!

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
scoping out your plot before visiting is definately a good key, most of the time if they are alerted they dont just wanna go be week clean up crew, they want a face to go with those beautiful plants they just cut at the stalks. watch other hill ridges for the glint of binoculars even or others in general, including fresh tracks of any kind.

some very good points have been made here as well by you all. hope you all stay safe this year, Dime

well i know where a few of my babies are goin, there is a skate spot close by with miles of woods behind it, planning on getting my shit and digging in the next two or three weeks so my seedlings have time to get ready im thinking of just getting some really big grow bags and ammending the soil with whats left of the generic organic soil ferts and some jamaican bat guano from the local hydro store. the place is awesome everytime i go in i get a free lighter :woohoo: . haha its like my metaphorical candyshop. out of the 30 or so mids seeds i tried to germ only 6 cracked and only 3 sprouted the papertowel seeds have been in for goin on a week now and only 6 cracked :fsu: i even put them all in water for a day and eveything. if no more crack by the end of today, im tossin them. :badday: so out of my potential 30 or so outdoor plants i was hopin for it looks like im gonna end up with three assuming i have 50/50 females :badday: but if i can get them planted in time they should be three big ass trees, oh well :smoker: if i come up in the positive out of this i hope to drop some money on real genetics i cant wait :smoweed:

G

Guyute54

JFA definatley bagseed is a good place to start. You always learn alot the first year of growing. Before you give up on the other seeds I scratch mine with my finger nail and see what happens after another two days. The reason I do this is sometimes the shell is really hard and moisture is not getting inside to start the germination process. When you scrap the seed with your finger nail you will notice a small layer peal off, or some dark dust coming off. Hope a few more crack for you.

PureSativa420

all the information is edited in to my older posts on the front page now, so dont get all worried if you dont see it on the 2nd page :)

G

depends..8wks into veg or a week or so after being flipped to 12/12 with your lights.

sheltieman

I do have a question though. Now that they are 3 1/2 inches tall, I'm useing miracle grow garden soil. It has feeding for 3 months. When should I start feeding the fish emossion to them. I'm raising them on my back deck an letting ole mother sun take care of them.

Last edited:
G

Guyute54

I would wait till you start to see the tops starting to turn a lighter green Yellow color. I only say this beacause I really don't know how strong the actual nute in the soil is. There's been many plant's grown great in miracle grow soil but I hate the stuff. When giving your plan't there first dose of nute dilute some to 1/4 strength so you don't get nute burn. If you see no burn slowley raise the strength of the nutes up.

I just relised they are less than 2 weeks old they shouldn't need any ferts for awhile yet.

Last edited:
G

Pyrex said:
Try not to look like a stoner out wandering around, you're bound to be asked what you're looking for. A guerilla friend puts on a pair of those Ooh baby jogger shorts and a walkman and heads out for the spot. Never questioned or suspected cause he looks like the kind of guy that would be oppose to such things.J.

I like to look like I'm walking to school. I always go early in the morning right b4 they get on the bus stop. It and exuse for having my backpack becuz I blend in with the kids walking down the street. Never go in the daytime. Shave so you look younger.

Last edited:

sheltieman

well didn't have to wait 8 weeks to find out who's male or female, after 3 weeks of growing can already tell who's who's. Thank goodness ole mother sun helps us out

CC Rider

aight, i think i might have a problem on my hands. i put some dp x sk in the ground about 4 or so inches away. i realise now that this is wayyyy to close....when they start to flower i am only going to keep the best female. will it be a problem since they are so close to remove the others and possibly have their roots intertwined making it impossible to up root them and i was thinking that i could just chop them off by the stock, would this be ok?

sheltieman

Purple Power

Purple Power

sheltieman said:
I do have a question though. Now that they are 3 1/2 inches tall, I'm useing miracle grow garden soil. It has feeding for 3 months. When should I start feeding the fish emossion to them. I'm raising them on my back deck an letting ole mother sun take care of them.
Well now the baby, yes i said baby out of 3 seeds planted one turned out female. Anyway she is now just shy of 36 inches. I'd post a pic but don't know how to, can anyone help me on that.

support our troops even if you don't support policy

Pimpslapped

Love this thread, great info. I don't know if I missed it or not, can anyone direct me to a resource for tracking historical rainfall data?

I never really paid attention to the weather that much, especially as most of the last decade I've worked nights and slept days. I'm curious to see if I can see what the last few years were like, rainwise, so I can plan for a possible outdoor grow next season.

PureSative420 this was an awesome thread, I have read every page very intently. You guys have already given me some ideas for things I would like to try once I get somewhat established. To all the growers out there keep up the good work and stay safe.

takla

Help

Help

Apology I do not speak English. I 1.5 of his weeks I make it bloom my plant with black foil, with approximately 14 hours of darkness.because of my workplace, this already on only a week 3x-4x
I would be able to do it, whole day would catch it the rest of the day the sunshine. How would this affect the plant according to you? Would I perturb it very much? I would attain it my aim?

PureSativa420

hello buddy, its a bit hard to read but i think i understand what you are asking :)

you have taken ya plant (s) and have put them into darkness by covering them up? or ya bring em inside?

if you keep doing this your plant(s) should keep on flowering and you can achieve ya goal :)