What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

For All The New Outdoor Growers

PureSativa420

u can find a green or black garden mesh screen to put around your garden ( similar to the one you seen on cheech n chong but blue ), i forget what there exactly called by there made for exactly what you want to do shade out the sun so its dark!

PureSativa420

Skully said:
pipeline that was a good pic . It also leads to my question. I noticed you have 3 plants very close together . I have always planted in buckets , but will try directly into ground this year with Pro-Mix . When planting in soil is that enough room for them ? If so I can reduce the amount of holes I have to dig . It can also increase the amount of seeds I can plant at a site . I was going to plant 3 sites of 10 each . If I can grow like that it can all be put at one site . It would also mean 1 reservoir, timer, and drip system . Not to mention the money I would save on Pro-Mix . All comments welcome and appreciated .

i usually give my plants depending on how many and how big i want them either 1ft x 1ft x 1ft space or 3ft x 3ft x 3ft, the more room they have by themselves the bigger they will get as they can spread out the roots more!

They Go From This

To This :D

All Ya Need Is This

Skully

Pure , I like your style ! Mind if I copy from you ? That will be the way to cut down on finding sites . Do you plant close to a water supply ? I still got to hump everything into the woods , but excellent sites have been found . There is even a small stream . It`s quite shallow , so I am going to dig about a 4 ft deep hole by 3 ft round . This should hold plenty of water . I bought a 12 v submersible pump . This will make waterring easy . The spot is very stealth , however after what I saw yesterday I`m getting a pair of snake chaps . Thanks to all who help .

PureSativa420

nope i dont grow close to a stream or anything of that nature but i do grow close to a interstate 70 hehe! so if you ever take a ride down 70 you might go by thinking i jus seen pot and you might have ;)

but yes me and the bro go out every year around march 15 thru april 15th and turn over the soil, cut back the weeds and growth on the trees, take all are supplies we will need along with a tarp and some 2 x 4s and do everything we can!

after that its a matter of mixing the soil and organic nutes together and then coming 2 weeks later ( around end of the 1st week of may or beginning of the 2nd week) and dropping in ya nicely vegged plants that have been hardening off over the last 2 to 3 weeks!

after youve transplanted to the ground everything is easy sailing from there, now jus take out all of your trash and supplies ( keep nature as it was before you were there! ), now i like to go out there during the night for the first week or so! i belive being there at night deters the animals ( racoons, rabbits, and ect ) from digging up my plants from the smell of the bone and blood meal

plus being there so often over a course of a month shall add to the animals knowledge that a human is around and to stay the fuck away!

sheltieman

I've been reading on how to dry plants an such, they all seem kinda intense. The way I've done it on the 2 times I've grown is get a couple of low boxs place a regular box fan on (the kind u get from wal-mart), then get a couple of screens (I use the screen from my windows), then put ur buds on one screen put the other screen on, then put them between the chairs over the fan, wieght it down, an turn on the fan. Works pretty good

Keep on smoking

Last edited:

PureSativa420

i jus used one of my spare closet and put my buds in there to hang dry for 7 to 10 days, i also like to trim all my plants when theyve been cut down as it makes it alot simpler to go back and manicure the rest of the plant after it dries (plus i like to make alot of bubblehash )

PureSativa420

you want some quick that finishes early

ill try to help you but you might want to ask some others :)

mighty mite, freezeland, c99, northern lights, early pearl, guerilla gold, kodiak gold

hope this gives u a idea, i really dont kno many northern genes as i live where i can grow full on sativas and harvest them without worries :(

Last edited:

ninfan77

I have a couple silly questions, figured the newbie outdoor thread is perfect to ask.

1. How would i have clones available for outdoor planting during the offseason. Meaning, Sept - March what do i have to do to keep a mother plant? Veg it indoors, wont it die?

2. Is there enough time on the northeast coast USA to purchase Fem Seeds, and take clones off that for this season?

PureSativa420

Walker said:
I`m not that new , but new here . I just wanted to bring this out to open forum . Almost every growroom you see for the indoors grower is 4` x 4` or 6` x 6` . They always seem to get 10 plants in that space , and later cull the males and finish the ladies . Why could`nt this be done outdoors . If the plot is fertile enough and is watered well , it should be productive right ? I am going to try this as it has my interests level raised .

i personally grow in a 15ft x 10ft area outside, an a few others like it :), yes you can do exactly what they do inside, plant them in the ground, wait for them to sex cull the males and leave the females to produce buds

ninfan77 said:
I have a couple silly questions, figured the newbie outdoor thread is perfect to ask.

1. How would i have clones available for outdoor planting during the offseason. Meaning, Sept - March what do i have to do to keep a mother plant? Veg it indoors, wont it die?

2. Is there enough time on the northeast coast USA to purchase Fem Seeds, and take clones off that for this season?

Question #1 - keep it under floros and itll live for however long you want it to, if it gets to big jus take off clones then shave the roots and let it recover from cuttin some roots off and youll be fine!

Question #2 - you have more then enough time, the later you plant the smaller they will be! i usually dont play outside until may 15th or so in my area! but i do put out late plants in june/july/august generally these plants only get to be about 1 to 4ft high instead of the ones that went out with 30 to 60days veg time in may which can get 8 to 15ft tall :)

Heres some of what my vegging plants look like that will be going outside soon enough :)

Last edited:

PureSativa420

yes you can as i still have 7 weeks until im putting any of my plants outside :)

4 weeks will put you towards end of April! another week for rooting the clones is last week of April and then 1 to 2 weeks vegs = Early May, youll be planting outside right around the sametime i will be

ninfan77

Fantastic, exactly what i needed to hear. I ordered the following, hoping it works well for me.

Kaya (100% Female)
Kaya is a hearty strain bred for rougher climates or novice indoor growers. Leaning on the Sativa side, Kaya grows big and tall yet finishes early. Kaya has a spicy flavour refreshingly different from Skunk and has a moderate THC level. She is pest resistant and can take the heat. Perfect for leaving somewhere with a global positioning system and finding it again in autumn. Kaya also thrives in a greenhouse.

Strain: Indica / Sativa

Parentage:

Planting: Indoor /Outdoor (temperate climates)

Flowering: 49-63 days / Sep-Oct

Yield: 350g per sq m

THC = 8-15%
10 seeds

rasta_man

Question about fertilization...

Question about fertilization...

Hi all...
I have a question for you;)
Do you think that is good for plants to fertilize the place befor growing on it with articifal NPK fertilizer??? :confused:
Or is better to use stable manure??

Thanks!

PureSativa420

you can use nutes or manure doesnt really matter, longs ya remember to not plant in the area for a couple weeks and allow the ferts to break down, some nutes cause animals to dig up the soil also!

PureSativa420

also when you go to plant you got to remember it might burn the plants if you arnt already feeding them! so before you do take them outside (if your vegging inside) give them a good shot of nutes so it wont kill or severely burn the root system! also as i said let it breakdown a few weeks before hand so its not all hot :)

G

Well boys, looks like I'm goin guerilla. Fuckin neighbor gave me a "heads up" but I don't trust that he isn't behind it. His house is being condemned and needed to be inspected, somehow it turned into "what's that greenhouse next door for", "Marijuana growers use greenhouses". That sounds awefully phony for an inspector to say out of the blue when the neighbor is the one being condemned. Anyway..................let 'em look, I grow hothouse tomatoes and so a wasted greenhouse space this year. {Booming Voice} Going Guerilla!

Nice thread PS420, especially the security tips. I already know how to amend soils but this will be my first time scoping out foreign spots. One thing I do have on my side is massive wild weed crops here and my state ranks very low for crop busts. MidWest!

J.

Last edited:
G

One thing I would like to add is; Try not to look like a stoner out wandering around, you're bound to be asked what you're looking for. A guerilla friend puts on a pair of those Ooh baby jogger shorts and a walkman and heads out for the spot. Never questioned or suspected cause he looks like the kind of guy that would be oppose to such things. On the other hand I've known several idiots over the years that planted tried planting outdoorts but when out to take care of them were dressed in Metal shirts, holey, baggy blue jeans, etc... pretty much any and every stereotype for a smoker and sure enough the stereotype paid off for LEO. Be safe Folks, it's dangerous out there!

J.