What's new

Following Your Dreams? Literally

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I watched some videos about joke writing specifically, one of them was Jerry Seinfeld and it was very good, but I still don't get it...like joke writing is some sort of voodoo magic or something , lol.

please don't listen to Jerry Seinfeld, he isn't very funny at all unless Larry David is writing his stuff, Seinfeld has bombed since leaving the show and he's had 2 cable network shows canceled. :puke:

Comic genius??? Larry David, Mel Brooks, Rodney Dangerfield.

maybe you could watch a few Mel Brooks movies, pick out the funniest scenes and see if you could write a few jokes based on those scenes. Don't steal any jokes or direct lines from the film that might be recognized, just work around whatever you think is funny. Some/most of those films are old and so see how some of that humor translates into current times, change it up a bit it will sound like your own stuff.......

Bill Hicks FTW

I love how sadistic he was :)
Who else can make fun of a crowd without them even realizing theyre the butt of his jokes? Fucking classic.

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
So, still writing some stuff when something strikes me as funny or clever...maybe witty...I dunno man, it comes and goes, but I've written 3 whole 'sets' as of now...most are like 5 to 7 minutes long.

Waiting for ski season so I can go back and do some more open mics again. Should be fun.

I even saw some comedy in Denver recently and it was pretty inspiring. Made me want to get on stage even more now.

Latest posts

Latest posts