What's new

Florida Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

komrade komura

Khan...I am considering bringing an LED for veg to keep the bill and the heat down..every report seems to show they are vegging machines...not so much for flower though. Fuck they are expensive though...and I am a cheap bastard.

But I grow in a cab so space and heat are my two constant constraints.

$750 is a lot of juice though...is it an attention grabbing amount?

Green lung

Veteran
OK, I'm on a HUGE power saving mission. The power bill this month was $750..:yoinks::jawdrop:
I've been putting off changing my flip setup to 220v, so I'll be Mod/RnR-ing my ballast and running some wire soon ( I knew I should have done it from the get go). I've also got a blower that runs 24/7 to cool the lights that I could swap out with a 220v unit.

Here's some pics from the nursery.

From my understanding switching to 240v won't save you any $$ on your bill........but it does allow you to run almost double the amps as 120v. You could run more watts on a circuit with 240v without tripping the breaker because it runs on less amps.

But no matter what you stiil runnin the same amounts of WATTS wether you use 120v or 240, and your powerbill goes off how many watts you use.

HooT

I am not very internet savy so I can't post the link, but they are at it again down in pinellas county at that simply hydroponics place.... they arested a worker there..... and I bet now they are going to start scoping out employees aswell now.... I fucking hate florida laws and cops.... seems like the florida fuzz is blowing creamy loads with all these bust....

Google simply hydroponics arrest and look 3 links or so down to the tbo dated june 11.... sorry I can't post the link....

And to komrada....750 will be viewed as a bit odd if your neigbors are at 250. But if they pull your power bill I'm afraid its already to late to worry about.

MagniKhan

Veteran
Khan...I am considering bringing an LED for veg to keep the bill and the heat down..every report seems to show they are vegging machines...not so much for flower though. Fuck they are expensive though...and I am a cheap bastard.

But I grow in a cab so space and heat are my two constant constraints.

$750 is a lot of juice though...is it an attention grabbing amount?

Yeah, I've thought about it, there a bit pricey though....

On the power, I don't think so on a place this size with four adults living there..

From my understanding switching to 240v won't save you any $$ on your bill........but it does allow you to run almost double the amps as 120v. You could run more watts on a circuit with 240v without tripping the breaker because it runs on less amps.

But no matter what you stiil runnin the same amounts of WATTS wether you use 120v or 240, and your powerbill goes off how many watts you use.

Your right, it's more for the fan ( the 220v model pulls less Amps) then the lights.

I am not very internet savy so I can't post the link, but they are at it again down in pinellas county at that simply hydroponics place.... they arested a worker there..... and I bet now they are going to start scoping out employees aswell now.... I fucking hate florida laws and cops.... seems like the florida fuzz is blowing creamy loads with all these bust....

Google simply hydroponics arrest and look 3 links or so down to the tbo dated june 11.... sorry I can't post the link....

And to komrada....750 will be viewed as a bit odd if your neigbors are at 250. But if they pull your power bill I'm afraid its already to late to worry about.

Fuck man, I've met him, he's cooler then Eskimo shit.
I stopped shopping there awhile ago because of the first busts a couple of years ago.

HooT

It makes me sad to think this is what Florida is coming too. The sad part is they are no longer just targeting the large scale cuban growers that fucked it up for us in the first place. No resentment. I just wish people kept their shit on lock and never gave the fuzz a reason to shut everyone down. The smaller peeps are the ones that get fucked the hardest.

I wish there was a way to find out if you were being looked into.... I get parinoid now when I order things over the internet or even coming on this site. With all the fucking problems in this state they are still spending the money on these operation that do little to actually keep the people safer. If I didn't just crack all these pure afghan seeds I would pack all the shit up for a year or so or just take my family and move to a less criminalized state.

When it was 1 to 300 or so, I never gave a shit about shit. Now, I have to coount my clones and pray to god they all take or I come up short...or only crack 6 seeds because the 7th will put me at 26....ahhhhhh

Sorry, just venting

komrade komura

Glad I live in England some days.

Worst I would get would be thrown out of the country...return to Florida...and most of all lose some damn fine ganja.

But I only grow for myself and wife...and give away the excess to two good friends. Getting back into the 4 plant a month harvest.

BTW - all five White Widow seeds popped in about 24 hours. They are resting comfortably in the nursery (english dixie cups). Two are already trying to pop their helmets above the soil line. White Label Fems.

Grow in a cab....means I can't fuck around growing males. But there is a cloning wing opening soon in the pediatrics department of Cab Hospital.

Maui Wowi...damn glad you're back in my life.

MagniKhan

Veteran
It makes me sad to think this is what Florida is coming too. The sad part is they are no longer just targeting the large scale cuban growers that fucked it up for us in the first place. No resentment. I just wish people kept their shit on lock and never gave the fuzz a reason to shut everyone down. The smaller peeps are the ones that get fucked the hardest.

I wish there was a way to find out if you were being looked into.... I get parinoid now when I order things over the internet or even coming on this site. With all the fucking problems in this state they are still spending the money on these operation that do little to actually keep the people safer. If I didn't just crack all these pure afghan seeds I would pack all the shit up for a year or so or just take my family and move to a less criminalized state.

When it was 1 to 300 or so, I never gave a shit about shit. Now, I have to coount my clones and pray to god they all take or I come up short...or only crack 6 seeds because the 7th will put me at 26....ahhhhhh

Sorry, just venting

Amen.

REMEMBER: It's 25 and above, so no more then 24 !!!

Gsizzle

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It seems all the Northern states through out history always was willing to make a change. Seems the Southerners will never rise lol. Always behind the game of change. Flo-riders I tell ya.

Cold as hell up there! Yikes
damn right it is cold up there. Hey if I can go up there for six months out of the year I think in the end it would be well worth it. Go up there and do 2 big cycles through out the year and pay the bills off of that money and for the other six months well you can pretty much live where you want. Hell you can come back to the FLA and do little grow for pocket money and smoke, ya know. Well that's me dreaming. I would love to do it though. Anyhow how is everybody doing with the heat? I'm going to have to get a bigger ac for next year because the one I'm using is all the way down, and still the temp gets up to 80 deg at certain parts of the day. Is anybody smoking any super lemon haze? I just got a sack and it was grown excellent because it is some DANK!!!!!! It actually the best bud I have bought from anybody in a really reallly really long time. I actually got some green crack about a month ago, but it dosen't touch this lemon haze.

Kush Farmer

It seems like the Hazes are very prevalent in Florida. Every time I run across anything really good from a non grower it's a Haze strain.

MagniKhan

Veteran
WARNING: If your significant other has plans to drag you to the movie, Sex in the City:2, LIE, tell her your sick, have to work, going for out patient surgery....anything. I'll never get those hours back, but if I can save one person the agony...well then.....OK it won't have been worth it, but that one less victim.
:puke::bashhead:

Status
Not open for further replies.