What's new

Florida Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost of sage

flowering???

flowering???

Glad I sheltered the outdoor ladies last night, rained so hard it scared the shit outta me.
Damn beautiful day today, enjoy it responsibly:smokeit:

You dont have any problems with your plants wanting to start to flower starting them this early outdoors with the length of days we are having right now??

G

Guest 18340

So far all the strains I have (with the exception of my Haze, I havent flowered her yet) will flower outside no matter what time of the year I put them out.
A week a go I put out Shit, BubbaKush, Schnazzlberry, Grapefruit/blueberry and a few C99's, and they're all flowering away.

Tropical

My slow cooker is dead. I was going to try that to cook my 4 grams of bho and 1 stick of butter. I may go try and buy one today. I think i want to go with the slow cooker method, to make sure all the thc goes into the butter. I have made a few batches in the past, using the water, butter, pot, low heat for 20-30 minutes, strain, fridgerate until water separates, and bam, there is the butter. It was always green, and tasted like cannabis, got me high, but never VERY high
i know a few of you guys do butter, what is your favorite method? does anyone think i should not get a slow cooker, and i should not cook on low for9-12 hours?

I have made cannabutter many times. At first, I would let it simmer for many hours, but then I read somebody say it didn't make a difference. I cut back to six hours, then three hours, one hour, and I'm finally down to thirty minutes. I never noticed any change in the results. If I'm ever in a rush, I might try 15 minutes or less.

With bho, I would just get the butter warm enough to thoroughly melt. If you didn't get high enough from the butter you made by the method you described above, I don't think it has anything to do with the amount of time you boiled your butter.

In fact, I don't think you need to get at warm at all. I once made a batch of brownies or cookies with ground bud and a box of mix with vegetable oil. Afterward, I took the mixing bowl that never got warm and I licked the small amount of residue on the sides. The mix was all gone, all the wast left was tiny droplets of clear oil. I got so stoned that I became non-functional and had to go sleep it off.

I never used a slow cooker because I never made a quantity small enough to fit in even the biggest slow cooker. Below is a batch of butter I made from five pounds of trim many years ago. That is a three gallon stock pot and a bottle of beer to show scale.

1826Dec03Butter04.JPG

1826Dec03Butter05.JPG

As far as water. Keep in mind that the only reasons to use water is to keep the butter from getting too hot (unnecessary in a slow cooker) or to wash out the bad taste. Personally, I think adding the water and going through that whole rigmarole of chilling and skimming is more work than it's worth when you start with something as clean as bho. I would just use a double boiler. Or, even easier, I would dissolve the bho into a cup of cannola oil in the microwave and then stir it and put a teaspoon of it into a cup of Kalua brand coffee liquor. Drink it... Yummy...

G

good drown

the bag looks like its full of fresh hippy hair
holy shit, thats alot of butter

Tropical

the bag looks like its full of fresh hippy hair
holy shit, thats alot of butter

Yeah, that was a lot. When the leaves were dry, they filled up one of those big yard sized trash bags. It must have been 30 gallons. It took me a very long time to feed it all into the pot of boiling water.

Tropical

That sure looks tasty....and the tube is the envy of every pipe bomber anarchist since the Haymarket riots.

I remember driving home with my new pipe from the plumbing supply store along with the case of big cans of butane thinking that I didn't want to get stopped by the police. That stuff (news of suspected terrorists) ends up getting looped over and over on cable news before you finally have your lawyer explain it in a press conference the next day.

MagniKhan

Veteran
I've been avoiding this thread because all of the BHO going on in here, I mean really it's shameful! There are those who have not had any of this goodness and are, well.....frankly...angry and jealous!
Oh, but you guy's wait and see...I'm catching up....you'll see....I'll make my own, THEN I"LL have my own tasty goodness. Then the shoe will be on the other foot,hugh? .....you'll see, i'll show you..............:cuss: ;):biggrin:

Boy, I can't wait to make some!

killa12345

lol.....personally i love to just look at it as well....even though im growing it! Its a very pretty plant

Here is some FLA Gold! OG BLACK HAZE

THis is my favorite weed despite all the different strains and cuts i grow....i will breed my purple to this in the coming weeks...i got a few good moms of this for the project

DSC03472.jpg

DSC03473.jpg

DSC03474.jpg

DSC03475.jpg

DSC03476.jpg

Thats is about as close to a pure haze you will find on this site...this cut has been around here for over 20+ years....show me another thread that is still has a origanal haze floating around in pure form(no breeding, backcrossing, or crossing) after 20+ years.....i cant find one!

killa12345

i practically only smoke that haze and my WW, a few blunts of PW and purple here and there, but the majority 85% of my smoking is haze...i just love the pure sativas.....people that havent smoked this form of cannabis just have no idea how potent and how long this high is.....glad u like the haze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts