What's new

Florida Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

good drown

hey joseaf, i found one like yours with a free cheapo whip for $40 shipped. found a neat silver one for $48 shipped. its tempting. have you ever used a volcano? people swear by those, but this is less than a tenth of the price.

joseaf

hey joseaf, i found one like yours with a free cheapo whip for $40 shipped. found a neat silver one for $48 shipped. its tempting. have you ever used a volcano? people swear by those, but this is less than a tenth of the price.

I haven't used a Volcano. I heard a lot about it. I was going to purchase a Da Badda or IOLITE, but I have a budget for MJ related stuff. So, I figure why not try it since I read a great review on another website about the Vaporite unit on the auction website for $42.99.

The expensive unit were averaging $230. So, I got the cheapo unit and the 2pc whip later. Total on the vap is $92. I told the saving of approx $130 and purchased some seeds. Now I have a nice vap and enough seeds to last a very long time.

I will one day get the Volcano or something like it, but I like holding the whip. I read so many threads trashing the cheapo units. But I know my budget and I am a patient man.

Think about it, $43 Vap, $40 for some good MJ. Put .2 to .3g in the whip. Lay back and pull up to 8 times. Get a high without the smoke. And possibily good taste from the MJ.

G

good drown

so it works good? im about to buy one for $50 shipped, if i like it i am getting a chambered whip($40) and then a adapter($22) so i can use my bong with it

joseaf

It works great!!! I took a rubber gromet and placed it on my bong bowl and held the mouth piece of the whip to it and pull on my bong. A thin cloud of mist fill the bong and I got full favor of the weed. I may order an adapter for the since it was sort of different to pull using the bong.

Before I used the rubber gromet, I use to use a heat gun to vaporize the MJ in the bong.

I vap often since I can truely taste the MJ and no smoke. Every now and then I will lite a joint of blunt. It is relaxing to me on another level to smoke one. When I want a guick and enjoyable rush, THE BONG.

When traveling, my VaporGenie is great for vap and no MJ smells coming from my room.

komrade komura

Got both the Volcano and the iolite...love them both. Welcome to the world of taste...exiting the world of coughing.

Iolite lets me catch a buzz almost anywhere...cinema, restaurant, beach. Volcano is a great after dinner desert.

But both will permit you to 'sample' your plant when it is getting close to being finished. Increases the chance of harvesting it 'just the way you like it'...or that is the rationale I used when I smoked up about 10-15% of an OG Kush plant.

Problem is....damn they are expensive. But I scrimped and saved.

My smoke lasts 50% longer, so there is a return on investment rationalisation available also.

Don't know if the Volcano and the iolite are the best...but they great from my perspective.

komrade komura
komrade komura

joseaf

Got both the Volcano and the iolite...love them both. Welcome to the world of taste...exiting the world of coughing.

Iolite lets me catch a buzz almost anywhere...cinema, restaurant, beach. Volcano is a great after dinner desert.

But both will permit you to 'sample' your plant when it is getting close to being finished. Increases the chance of harvesting it 'just the way you like it'...or that is the rationale I used when I smoked up about 10-15% of an OG Kush plant.

Problem is....damn they are expensive. But I scrimped and saved.

My smoke lasts 50% longer, so there is a return on investment rationalisation available also.

Don't know if the Volcano and the iolite are the best...but they great from my perspective.

komrade komura
komrade komura

How many pulls can you get on the Iolite before you change the bowl? I get around 4 pulls on the VaporGenie for each bowl.

Tropical

I don't smoke, so I have tried many vaporizers. I mostly eat cookies or drink cannabutter, but I also love my Volcano. It is so much easier to use than all of the other vapes I've tried. The only other vape I still keep handy is the iolite. I keep it in case I want to catch a buzz sometime when I am away from home, but I usually use cookies for that anyway.

Tropical

How many pulls can you get on the Iolite before you change the bowl? I get around 4 pulls on the VaporGenie for each bowl.

You get a few pulls, but it is only enough to give one person a buzz. You can't get two people stoned on the same bowl. Once you get a decent buzz going, you have to refill the bowl to get really stoned. That is a tedious process to accomplish in an impaired state.

Is the VaporGenie the wooden pipe you use with a butane cig lighter? If so, I have one of those. I think its bowl is a little bigger than the iolite, but they're pretty close in size.

The Volcano bowl, otoh, holds at least ten times as much mj. It's also easier to refill. I even have a few extra bowls, so I don't have to stop if I finish a bowl in the middle of getting stoned. I usually just wait until the weekend to refill all the bowls.

komrade komura

Sunday...that was the day New Orleans made the superbowl.

Rest of it was in a blueberry fog...except for the OG Kush...lights out.

From the way back machine:

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
- Thomas Jefferson

Ioni Botani

Hehh hehh...
Yeh for some reason Sunday just seems like its clouded by a vapor hazeee.

And what was once bone dry, is now wet as a whistle!

Thanks to you ole timers!
Without all of you life just wouldn't be the same.

Sincerely.
IonI

Tropical

Speaking of BHOE

I found the following info from my old BHOE notes:

Butane Honey Oil Extraction Yields

Plant Material/Recommended amount of Butane/Estimated Yield

1oz High quality bud/12oz/3-5g
1oz Average bud/10oz/2-4g
1oz low grade bud/9oz/2-3g
1oz high quality trim leaves/12oz/3-5g
1oz trim & leaves/10oz/2-4g
1oz fan leaves/8oz/1-2g

MagniKhan

Veteran
Umm, does anyone remember Sunday? Seems like a dream yesterday!!
:smokeit:

-ogh
http://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=770557&ppuser=32178

OGH
LOL, yes Sunday did happen :) It was a Great day :)

Sunday...that was the day New Orleans made the superbowl.

Rest of it was in a blueberry fog...except for the OG Kush...lights out.

From the way back machine:

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
- Thomas Jefferson

Hehh hehh...
Yeh for some reason Sunday just seems like its clouded by a vapor hazeee.

And what was once bone dry, is now wet as a whistle!

Thanks to you ole timers!
Without all of you life just wouldn't be the same.

Sincerely.
IonI

I'm still recovering...:rasta:

Same here, since I've grown and harvested my own, all previous controls are now gone! :smoker::smoker::smokeit:

G

good drown

My slow cooker is dead. I was going to try that to cook my 4 grams of bho and 1 stick of butter. I may go try and buy one today. I think i want to go with the slow cooker method, to make sure all the thc goes into the butter. I have made a few batches in the past, using the water, butter, pot, low heat for 20-30 minutes, strain, fridgerate until water separates, and bam, there is the butter. It was always green, and tasted like cannabis, got me high, but never VERY high
i know a few of you guys do butter, what is your favorite method? does anyone think i should not get a slow cooker, and i should not cook on low for9-12 hours?

toasted1

i say get the slow cooker :yes: i use a crockpot for 6-12 hrs and it has given me the best results so far and u can walk away from it for good amounts of time without worrying bout overheatin the THC :2cents:

picture.php

picture.php

stay safe
:smokey:

Status
Not open for further replies.