What's new

FlipBox BY PowerBox??

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
Yeah I'm a newb and haven't seen much other than home made units saw this one and thought it was sick cuz its a sorta factory made unit,didn't know there were other co. Out there that made flip boxes,the two grow supply shops I go to never even heard of the idea of flippin one ballast to 2 bulbs,had them on it and they both lagged so I just ordered it.

green_thumb...

Veteran
Just checked out the like to horticontrol they have from runnin 2 ballast/4 bulbs to fuckin 20ballast/40 bulbs crazy!! Also they show that you gan hook 2 ballast to lp-2 and run the bulb outputs to the lp-4 and ultimatly run 8 lights off of 2 ballast staggering the lights every hour during the 12 on

bterzz

Veteran
The ALL NEW Powerbox™ FLIPBOX™ allows any ballast to run 2 lights (non-simultaneously).

That means you can't run the lights at the same time.
So what would be the purpose of this thing?

mg75

I have a problem using a flip with digitals and got this answer...

"Some digital ballasts are quirky with any flip, it's almost a hit and miss. I've heard nothing but problems with a regular flip and digital ballasts, yet others have had no problems, even with 10 or more digital ballasts. I recommend shutting the digital ballasts off, then back on, every 12 hours for the flip cycle. The ballast(s) goes off for a minute, then flip the lights, and 1 minute later ballast(s) are turned on again. The other plus is the contacts on the flip relays don't arc, so the flip will last for years."

same problems with magnetic?

mayorofthdesert

Is there a big power savings with 2 bulbs on a flipper vs. 2 bulbs on separate ballasts running 12/12 opposite of each other? I've always assumed that warming up a bulb/ballast uses more power than it does once warm, but is the savings that great, or is it's purpose soley to avoid on/off spikes that might throw a breaker?

burnedout

Is there a big power savings with 2 bulbs on a flipper vs. 2 bulbs on separate ballasts running 12/12 opposite of each other? I've always assumed that warming up a bulb/ballast uses more power than it does once warm, but is the savings that great, or is it's purpose soley to avoid on/off spikes that might throw a breaker?

I think the main purpose (beyond utilizing all 24hrs in the day for flowering instead of just 12) is generally the money you save by only having to buy half as many ballasts. In a 6 light flip with $300 ballasts, your saving $1800 minus whatever it costs in materials to build the flip.

I will be using a flipbox in place of another ballast. They are the same price for me. No saving money there. Big power saving with 2 bulbs on flipper vs. 2 bulbs on seperate ballast? I havent run any tests but i would say it should be about the same. The sole purpose for me using the flipbox is so i can run 2 seperate setups on the same breaker. my 2 pennies

green_thumb...

Veteran
That's the plan stan,I'm gonna flip my 2 4x4x6.5 tents each will have 4 rdwc in each tent 4 will be scroggin and 4 will be beefy bushes mmmmmmm bush....

green_thumb...

Veteran
Your fuckin A right I am,whenever it gets here that is ordered it last thursday the order got processed friday and still waitin,anybody heard of or have had bad experiance with BGhydro.com??

turbo14

Veteran
Excited to see how that goes greenthumb! I have ordered some tents from bghydro with great service, I wouldn't worry brotha.

turbo

green_thumb...

Veteran
BOO! My flipbox is on back order,they said itl get to them next friggin tuesday,weak its cool I just need to toke a bowl and be patient.

Latest posts

Latest posts