What's new

FlipBox BY PowerBox??

Avenger

Veteran
so me trying to find a relay for 4000 volts would be nonsense right?

The ignition voltage is so transient that it is barely a consideration. If the relay's dielectric strength is 2Kv or more it is more than enough.

The problem with hot flipping digital ballasts is that they sometimes have circuitry built into them that is meant to prevent hot restarts of lamps and/or cut-off circuitry that shuts the ballast down in case of a short circuit.

So when the relay switches from one lamp to the other during the flipflop, the ballast thinks it is trying to start a hot lamp and will go into a timed delay to prevent damage to the ignition circuit and lamp.

Or in the case of cut-off circuitry, the ballast senses an open short and shuts down until power is disconnected and then reconnected.

oh yea, one more question Avenger

soooo what happens if imma hippy but just not barefoot??

LMAO...okay i keed i keed!!! lol

no but seriously. this shock hazard would only happen if i was to go playing in the light bulb socket right? and that would have to be barefooted, no?

Avenger

Veteran
Barefoot or not, so long as you are grounded and the screw shell has voltage potential to ground, if you come into contact with it, you will be shocked.

doradoguy, you too!

rep to all 3 of ya!

matter fact, rep to all the info in this thread!!!

its a gem! just gotta dig through !!!

U

unta

toohighmf or anyone else, do you know when horticontrol will be releasing their one light (LF-1)? thanks and wish this thread didnt have over 5 pages of bullshit and stayed with facts but great thread, nonetheless.

A

AlterEgo860

bringing this thread alive again

bringing this thread alive again

just wondering if anyone has taken the flip box apart.. ? I just ordered a used one of ebay.. and got it super cheap.. I figure even if the thing doesn't work.. I paid 15 bucks with shipping.. I could atleast.. open it up turn it into a 3-4 flipbox by adding relays or whatever.. or at the very least.. change out the relay.. and then use the flip box.. as a guide to make a few home made ones. lol. I said wat the fuck . cant be that hard.

Latest posts

Latest posts