What's new

Fisher's Farm

ROOTWISE

Veteran
Love the video bro!!!!!! Really cool, felt like I was just over for a visit.....

I got an update coming too!! Big smiles over here...

Shangri-la

Far fucking out, Fish. Loved that video, man. Reminded me of my backyard. Having those big girls around brings a unique and special vibe. Keep showering them with love and attention.

3rd I

Oh nice...didn't know they added that feature...might have to break out the digi 8 cam....fisher you are rockin' bro, so so nice...peace and be safe 3rd I

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Right on Fisher!

Right on Fisher!

Wow that video was cool, thanks fer sharing!!! But hey man, I gotta remind ya, you CAN NOT do that with organics!!!! LOL! ..... Rock on man! BC

hanuman

wow fisher... Fantastic video. You've made my head spin with all those beautiful, huge, enormous bushes. Roll on October!!

h :ying:

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
fish
Howzit brother..?? Man the garden is totally rocking and WOW still havent flowered on most they are friggn going to get huge, then the stretch, I am looking forward to this finish.. bbl peace.

sack

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
fish
Howzit i just saw yer video.. hehe thanx for sharing.. My wife even was like WTF!!! ANd she mostly will look and say oh yea its pretty.. But she took the time and sat thru all pages in the thread and watched the video.. So great work if ya got her attn... bbl peace.

sack

MntBerry

TheJointedOne- Read the second sentence in the post you quoted (BTW, many readers probably appreciate not reposting so many pics just posted, delete the pics in the quote or just ""quick reply"".)
:D

I dont believe it stresses the plant
at least if you use sharp utensils and dont rip branches and growth off damaging the outer bark.
i've seen that pruning plants stimulates growth in experiments using other plants
It causes an electrical charge to replace the "damaged" area of the plant with new growth
especially in a plant with a frequency so high like ganja
It thrusts it into motion
Ive pruned beforeright up till full stacked, pom pom stage.

Really, it comes down to this for me...

You grow the roots, not the plant, the plant supplies the roots with energy so the roots can make flowers later in life to extend its genes into the future.

The roots can supply "X" amount of energy to the top at flower.
if there are 7000 flower sights, it still makes the same amount of flower just not the kinds we are farming for.
If 5000 of those sight are closed I think nearly the same amount of energy is directed to the remaining 2000 flower sites,

='s
Massive colas

couldn't have said it better myself.

listen to this man. butifull grow btw.

beer batter

my partner up state had the same problem with worms i did just not as bad as early on, also some people he talks with. they think its corn worms so this is the first search result i got just now http://www.ehow.com/how_9365_control-corn-ear.html it talks about a little more then i knew from past search results. i found theas grubs in my soil the 3-4 times i turned it over between seasons from fall to spring
001-15.jpg
-i had taken more picture but only found this, other mature grubs had hairs on the sides.
i didnt know much about them but i killed every one i saw, i dig into my soil to take out the crazy growing ive but found a fe wdosen or more of theas guys -ive been doing this since 05' and havent seen theas yet, only had problems with bud worms realyy bad the last few years. i had an idea theas where the same bug that had its fun in my TGU tops last season, overwintering maby -also had them in my vegetables soil form my 30gallon grow bags.

it makes me think because the search result i gave states that you can apply a coting to keep adults from crawling onto plants. this isnt important exept for when the frost lifts and the grubs make their way to the surface, turning the soil over can up root them and hopefully the freez and die befor the frost lifts. thats only the soil my plants are growing in (4x15ft row behind a shed) i think the major problem is the oak trees or whatever the moths live in, the ycome down onto the sweet smelling ganja to lay eggs and find another warm -furtil home to breed tehir family, the biger and seetwer the bids the morw attracted they are -maby the taller the palnt is or a sertan plants smell makes them more attracted, i hit my plants with safer caterpiller killer a day or two befor finding the hords of worms last year. so the 650 grams or so had been tainted with BTi and we/i had no problems, its nice to hear some say its coold to use close to harvest. i hashed and smoked a little of (smoked alot of hash, mostly edibles) i def try to give a few weeks befor the chop but when theri worm damage and bud die-back (thats what i call it when teh stem gets eaten and the bud shivles) if it rains then their is surly rott, the worst this is how they make it a foot or more down a huge bud and make something rott then i gota take in mind when i sprayed what last and take off the top at the next healthy site. also cut threw the effected to for anything salvigable.

i am interested in the concept of bees and also green lacewings -a couple natural preditors of corn worms as a benefital incect approroche, ive found a small yello praying matis that plew several feet in our flower garden and put in in the maui where their the most dencity. a few days later i was spraying freenlight neem concentrate and saw it on top of some plant in the row -also saw a grass hopper i soaked down (the greenlight neem is a 3 in 1 or a 2 in 1 incect and deseas killer) it takes out the eggs and is alot easier to use then the other neem i had befor, it was really thick and had to be warmed up befor use. i dont know about useing on buds, i think ill use it up intil mid october then focusing on worm prevention and defence.
http://www.lacewings.com/lacewings.htm

nomaad

Veteran
Trichogramma Egg Wasps -Trichogramma sp.

* T. minutum - for ornamentals, orchards and grapes east of the Rockies
* T. platneri - for avocados, ornamentals, orchards and grapes west of the Rockies
* T. pretiosum - for use on vegetable and field crops
* T. bactrae - pink bollworm and other tiny eggs

Trichogramma Minutum, Platneri, Pretiosum, Bactrae , and Brassicae.
Trichogramma spp.: T. brassicae, T. minutum, T. pretiosum, are Moth Egg Parasitoids capable of reducing caterpillar pests.

from: http://www.buglogical.com/trichogram...ichogramma.asp

PS.. there are discussions about caterpillars going on in at least 3 highly active OD threads. We should unite and form Voltron. (this was posted verbatim in at least one of them...)

Awesome grow!

Awesome grow!

That's one hell of a garden :yoinks:
I love the video. I've been seeing alot of garden videos this season. I attempted to make one this morning for my thread.

PS.. there are discussions about caterpillars going on in at least 3 highly active OD threads. We should unite and form Voltron. (this was posted verbatim in at least one of them...)
How do we make this happen............. or where do I find the new thread?

neongreen

Veteran
Lookin good Fisher! Loved the video, but please chill out on the sideways shots if you do another bro. Would be great if you could when harvest time comes ;)

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
ha yeah the sideways shots didn't really work out...

Glad it was enjoyed, there will be more. The iphone is still coming in useful, even if I havn't any service.

Anyone have any ideas on that lighter colored branch on the chemD? Also on the strawD and Chem4. Just the leaves of one branch are affected on each plant. I'm not ruling out the possibility of it being a lingering issue related to the overwatering bout, its just different than what other plants have shown.

Work on the farm is really picking up. Almost all the plants are needing about 20 gallons every morning. Also, I'm trying to cut out sucker shoots from the bottoms. There just isn't enough time in the day...we're getting into the final leg now though. Just keep telling myself to not let up. Brewed up a nice ewc tea with P seabird guano and hit those few that are at least a week in- goo, cheese, blue cheese. Made waaay too much for only those few plants, so I just dropped some on a friend who grows cheap hillbilly style- miracle grow in veg, nothing in flower. This guy has always grown from bagseed, mexi-schwag stuff. I also hooked him up with some dank cuts this year, he's going to be floored.

Maybe someone has created Voltron. I'm about to check...we're staying on top of this chit alright...