What's new

Fisher's Farm

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Schrews...thanks man, I hoped to inspire by posting this thread. Indirectly contributing to more ganja being grown makes me happy :)

And I love me some outdoor kush meds as much as the next guy, but face it- you'll never get a kush plant to yield anything near those blue dreams.

I've spent a good amount of time pruning, but not enough. A half hour or so can really clean up the bottoms/inside that I can reach. Should be done pruning here in a few weeks...need to hack at the big coral reefs some more...

Nomaad- I was just listening to satriani, johnson, and vai do a tune called 'living in a blue dream'. Sounds like it could be the theme song to your adventure next year.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shame on me Fisher for missing your thread..I saw your post in a Tom Hill thread and followed you here. I went through this entire thread, wow, and now I need to rest. Props to you for such a wonderful post, great images, the grow speaks for itself. I'm onboard now for the finish...DD

ROOTWISE

Veteran
Yo Fisher! Just droppin by to say hey....

You and I are living parallel, keep your nose to that grindstone! I hear ya though, it's tough sometimes but don't let up. Pruning gets old fast huh?

You've got a bunch that will hit 10.

Can't wait to see you hit the finish line-

Best-

RW

nomaad

Veteran
Nomaad- I was just listening to satriani, johnson, and vai do a tune called 'living in a blue dream'. Sounds like it could be the theme song to your adventure next year.

funny. that satriani record was my introduction to his music... way back when.

I dunno... The ClueBerry is just as vigorous and we'll see what she yields, but maybe as much as the BD... And the Berry white is pretty enormous too. Taller but less dense than the BD or Clue... we'll see how she yields. was smaller than the Clue when she went in and bigger than the BD... The idea of monocropping has come to appeal to me less and less. What i will not be doing is running anything that i don't know exactly what to expect from. Blue Dream will be there for sure, but not all on her own.

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
DD- heyy no worries, hehe...good to see you pop in here. My goo plant looks like it got snowed on, she'll be one photogenic babe...photo sesh?? Hehe

RW- thank you brother for the continued support. Keepin my nose on it. And yes, pruning does get old, but not like watering. Doing it by hand and I'm at it for 5-6 hrs every morning. That will for sure change for next year.

Nomaad- correction, the title is 'flying in a blue dream'. Though I'm sure you'd be flying as well. I hear you on not monocroping- for an outdoor grow that takes up so much time, it's nice to have a little variety at the end. Especially with all these great flavors. A few that do well and have similar needs could be just as productive. Then a few kush plants for the head, schrews ;)

thanks for checkin out my vid trinity...did ya happen to see the little 'trinity' plant that flowered early, then slowly reverted? I left it as it was the only one I had and she just smelled so amazing begining to bloom there for a bit. Do you know anything about this plant? I do hear it comes from your neck of the woods.

try comb

glad to see you are back online........full time........my "afgooey" is the frostiest plant ive grown to date this early in flowering.........i have a feeling it might be the same as your afgoo? we can figure this out when we put the smoke to the test...........are there any plants in your garden 'farther' along in flowering than her?

what is impressing u so far this year....this far at least........?

i was just lookin to see if u had a thread last year and ran into a thread where u referenced your michigan origin.........thats where i just moved from............:dueling:

nomaad

Veteran
Don't think I've seen rice husks...commonly found?

sure. they grow a lot of rice in california. i used it in my bamboo construction to make concrete mixes lighter... high silica content (dunno if it becomes available to plants to build stem strength), so you can pull way back on the sand in the mix... makes it a lot lighter. did non-structural joint-fill and waddle and dob style over bamboo mats... kinda like a natural stucko.

anyhow... it does wonders to lighten up soil mixes and makes a great mulch. i'll find out exactly where to get it and let you know.

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
3rdI- heyy brotherman, thanks for seein what's up

JJP- yep all feel here homie, no books to my game...

Lone wolf- welcome to the mag and thanks for sayin hey

Milkon- cheers bro :)

Nomaad- it occured to me after posting that Q that yes, we do have rice fields everywhere around here. I'm gonna do some searching as well, let me know what you come up with. Bulk source would be neat.

Tcomb...hey friend, I dug up some of last years goo shots for ya. This plant was grown in the fog, did not reach it's full potential, but you get an idea. The plant shot is probably a few weeks in, the one I have out here looks wayy better. Then an uncured nug...and one after cure...then snapped :) I'm anxious to see what you have. Yes, the smoke test will clear this up. I always say the MI is a good place to move from...hehe not that bad but she don't compare to what we got here...peace

22712DSCN2065.JPG

22712DSCN2102.JPG

22712DSCN1960.JPG

22712DSCN2019.JPG

try comb

awesome. i appreciate the pics........im glad i ran into this cut. im gonna do alot of it next year i think........blue dream is way more finicky...... what is that you are using to combust whatever is in your pipe, some sort of hot glass wand?

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
It's a hakko 456 soldering iron with the metal tip removed. Ceramic element heats up quick and does the job well. No taste of butane. It's my favorite ignition method besides a magna page

I will for sure be running more goo next year as well. It is furthest into flower, followed closely by the bb cheese, blue cheese, and strawD. Looks the best this point tho. I have high hopes for the Casey jones as an outdoor plant. Gets bigger than goo and so far bulletproof. I've smoked an ounce of it in about ten days...just too chronic.

try comb

i have never grown or smoked the casey jones........ive have the arcata tw cut.......but thats as close as i have gotten........when does the gooey finish outdoor for u?

J

Jenn

:woohoo:

We love pics! We love pics!

Have you seen any scary animals yet, like a bear?

- Jenn

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
last year was the first I'd grown the plant and it was done about sept 1 haha because the fog made it flip in like June...

Should be about a 9 weeker though. As I said, it was about the first to flip here as well, I'm thinking 8-5ish. So it should be down at the beginning of oct I think. The buds kinda turn yellow from the trichs, it's a trip.

J

Jenn

Wow! I didnt know fog could cause your plants to flower.... I hear it's pretty thick in Cali also, especially NorCal...

- Jenn

H

humboldtlocal

I grew the Trin about ten years ago. It was a seed strain and some of the best around for a while. After the purple and kush craze came along we lost a lot of those old school seed strains. I had some friends ask about the Trin this summer wondering if anyone still grows it in my neighborhood. Is yours a clone or seed?
We mulched all of our plants with rice hulls this summer. I used to use rice straw to mulch but last summer we had the worst rodent year ever. The straw around the plants made the perfect little mouse and vole habitat. I lost about four 2lb plants because the stalks got stripped and then when they started to bud the plants just died. This year with the rice hulls we have not had any chewed stalks. I will probably just turn the hulls into the soil in the spring when I am re-amending.

Latest posts

Latest posts