What's new

Fisher's Farm

norcalkell

Hey Fisher, how big are those container?? 250gal?? How much soil did it take to fill them? Next year i'm sooting for 200-250gal.

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Jenn- the dogs are Cane Corsos (italian mastiff)

MB- thanks for the quick and informative response. I had a friend check the other day for replies, so I got that soon after you posted and was able to act quickly.

The affected plants have almost totally rebounded from their localized droop.

I think it was a little overwatering, paired with the two-day cold spell. It hit mid-40's at night and was only like 60 during the day. Back to a hundred here now though...great timing. It has kinda thrown me off tho...now I'm second guessing myself on when they need a drink, trying to trust this shotty moisture meter. Been staying medicated on this casey jones from the dep <<great smoke>> which probably isn't helping the paranoia!

Hash Man...exactly. Do you have experience with the twister or another good machine?

Yeah the containers are close to 300g. But they're not filled to the top. I'd say there's more like 250g in there.

There are a few plants that are just beginning to switch. Big Buddah Cheese, Goo, Blue Cheese. Expecting to see the others flip in the coming weeks. Already getting anxious, hoping I can go without screwing everything up somehow.

nomaad

Veteran
Thanks for the update man... I too have a wilty plant... I thijnk its just shocky from the cold snap... she does look like she is bouncing back along qith the mid 90's.

THC123

Veteran
hey fisher , bout the catterpillars , i use a biological insecticide on the basis of crysantis axtract for those bastards but they just keep coming and i don't spray anymore cuz flowering will begin in a week or so.

Guess it's gonna be handpicking them and throwing them in the birdcage.

Wish i could train a bird to not fly away and hunt for catterpillars in the weed bushes:D

nomaad

Veteran
THC: use a BT product. you can use it up till a few days before harvest. Bacillus thuringiensis.

H

humboldtlocal

Jenn- the dogs are Cane Corsos (italian mastiff)

MB- thanks for the quick and informative response. I had a friend check the other day for replies, so I got that soon after you posted and was able to act quickly.

The affected plants have almost totally rebounded from their localized droop.

I think it was a little overwatering, paired with the two-day cold spell. It hit mid-40's at night and was only like 60 during the day. Back to a hundred here now though...great timing. It has kinda thrown me off tho...now I'm second guessing myself on when they need a drink, trying to trust this shotty moisture meter. Been staying medicated on this casey jones from the dep <<great smoke>> which probably isn't helping the paranoia!

Hash Man...exactly. Do you have experience with the twister or another good machine?

Yeah the containers are close to 300g. But they're not filled to the top. I'd say there's more like 250g in there.

There are a few plants that are just beginning to switch. Big Buddah Cheese, Goo, Blue Cheese. Expecting to see the others flip in the coming weeks. Already getting anxious, hoping I can go without screwing everything up somehow.

First off great looking garden. Reading over ICMag reminds me how lucky we are to live in a place with a great growing season and great medical laws.
I have had caterpillars on my fully flowered buds. I would look at the top of a bud and the top inch of it would be dead. I would grab the dead part and pull it out and the caterpillars would be inside. They were really bad last year. I think they come out of the oak trees. I don't have a treatment. It was happening at the very end of the season last year. The worst part was they dead part of the bud would start to mold. I lost lots of nice tops to them.
I am getting a Twister in a couple weeks. I have been using a Tumbleweed this winter and the Twister really fixes some of the shortcomings of the Tumbleweed. My friend sells them in Humboldt and I believe he is the dealer for your area also. PM me if you want his number. I have done some big trim scenes by hand and would never go back after using a machine. They are expensive but for the size of your garden, you would definitely save money, time, and you wouldn't have to have a bunch of extra people around.
Good luck.

beer batter

i had a talk about caterpillers and my partner came to the consensus they where corn worms, ;ast year was the worst year yet, i took down 632 grams in tops from 2 TGU plants that baged tottal 959 grams. the stuff was taken down october2 like 3-4 weeks early i was just thankfull none of the tops had rot from the grubs cuz rain was comeing on and off. i took the last of the TGU down early november soo the 632 grams could of gone another month had i sprayed safer caterpiller killer every sunday -weekly i mean to say.
062.jpg

085.jpg

061.jpg

073-1.jpg

as soon as i saw one i saw a dosen an it was like ants in the kitchen -ten, therty, i lost count. then when i hung the lines up they came down on silk strings and that shit was creepy -i ended up hashing the premature stuff and the weird thing is they grubs where attrackted primarily to the taller TGU and left the maui mostly alone, it might have to do with the bilky fruit TGU sets up or just something about its smell but i found infinant more porblem with this sugar cane smelling palnt, realy floral and aeromatic. ive been spraying buterflys with pyrithrin in a squart bottle but i was told theas cold be nocturnal, the ycould be moths and not buterflys at all so ive been smakeing 'em with the rake for nothing
066.jpg

quadracer

I wonder if some companion planting would help keep the caterpillars away from the plants. There is this ONE type of plant that ALL the caterpillars are attracted to, and I haven't seen them on anything else around here, might be a good one to use around mj.

Bud-Boy

Veteran
so many things id chime in about but we have the same style = same answers....

Keep up the Grrrreeeeeaaattt work Fisher

Time for "pre" cleaning inside those monsters eh?
trim out about 1 foot rom center and bottom on the inside
let them stretch a little then once theyre fully set into flower, strip out to main colas.
then watch those blow up!

How bout a couple recent shots?

Local law has been kind on the compliant growers, they are doing alot of arial photos and garden worker shots trying to prove this n that later .....
Seem to be buggin the guys with 96 plots
they just took one off I-5 last week, had scripts, county said not in our county you dont blow this up
Just above us and below us they pulled a 6000 plant depro project and 2000 , mexi's nationals
Watched them fly out the drip line and plant carnage, over our croop
We've been flown hard 4 times at one plot, just to intimidate? to observe? to document

Trick is chop n dry, here comes the grey area, they look for big buildings near the grow and raid those in November.

One Love!

Bud-Boy

Veteran
hey fisher , bout the catterpillars , i use a biological insecticide on the basis of crysantis axtract for those bastards but they just keep coming and i don't spray anymore cuz flowering will begin in a week or so.

Guess it's gonna be handpicking them and throwing them in the birdcage.

Wish i could train a bird to not fly away and hunt for catterpillars in the weed bushes:D

Keep sprayin! they will crush your buds. it just gives them the flu and they wither up

safer cat spray for sure till about october

nomaad

Veteran
Beer Batter: Thanks for the informative report. Sounds awful. Did you use any kind of foliar spray with BT? Safer soap? Neem? anything?

Bud-Boy

Veteran
So I took the time and read through all your thread

IMO
It's too early to trim for weight, only to clean and airflow till your plant has fully stacked and ceased growth, so the buds dont stretch again

These are some of my shots from last year, mid sept

This was the extreme trim plant, was one of the heaviest though
People FREAK when they see this but in three weeks you'd never know except for the stem breaking buds!!

P1010002.jpg

All they way out to the last few nodes, especially if the sun doesnt reach so well (bottoms)

08Sept0321.jpg

08Sept0319.jpg

Some before n after

08Sept104.jpg

08Sept106.jpg

08Sept108.jpg

08Sept107.jpg

RESULTS

08Oct019.jpg

Back to you Fisher....

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
picture.php
Amnesia Haze

picture.php
Big Buddah Cheese, from seed

picture.php
Chem 3, my largest of the chem crew, tho they're all doing OK.

picture.php
another fat CR

Hey man! you can't grow plants that big with organics! lol Good to see ya doing so well Fisher! Take care.... BC

nomaad

Veteran
Brilliant post, Bud-boy. i've been doing exactly what you prescribe... just cleaning out the deep insides for airflow and to make less of a home for bugs... but very very minimal leaf trimming in the oiuter canopy. I do a lot of tying down to give rise to more colas... and that is going amazingly, especially with the more sativa dominant strains. I am waiting for stretch to be done before trimming any fan leaves.

I love the before and after shots. What's the strain, container size, soil mix, nutes and yield? Sorry for the inquisition.

THC123

Veteran
@ budboy , indeed you cannot grow em this tall with organics , organics are rubbish:laughing::laughing::moon:

great tips man , i also normally wait jus tuntill the frist flowers want to start growing to trim.

Bu i think i am gonna trim the frisian dew your way , i like what i see in the pics

Bud-Boy

Veteran
Brilliant post, Bud-boy. i've been doing exactly what you prescribe... just cleaning out the deep insides for airflow and to make less of a home for bugs... but very very minimal leaf trimming in the oiuter canopy. I do a lot of tying down to give rise to more colas... and that is going amazingly, especially with the more sativa dominant strains.I actuall cut all the "cola" branches off, like it's a mother plant,
untill just about a week ago, encourages massive branching that can then be tied down through out the growth, 'laying down" the plant.
I am waiting for stretch to be done before trimming any fan leaves.Trim all vegitation out of the centers, not just fan leaves. I fya look at the pics above, those are the late strippings, everything out to the last nodes. i guess fan leafing would have a similar effect

I love the before and after shots. What's the strain,Brazillian Thai backcross thai container size, 4x4x1ftsoil mix,Local worm farm premium compost nutes Hardly any, a bit of earth juice at the end Bloomand yield?Rediculous Sorry for the inquisition.ask and ye shall learn :D

:D