What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time grower with SILS on micro grow

Sampas92

Just newbin
Hi guys
So i added another 13.5w 1521lm sil today above the older one
They showed good growth with the previous one that i added yesterday so tomorrow i will see how they react and decide to keep rising light levels or not
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

10 mnts ago i water them with 500ml of phed water with cal mag 3ml/l and biogrow 4ml/l
See ya later guys
Peace

PCBuds

View Image
View Image
View Image
It even cut one of the cables, the yellow one..guys not kidding if you want a low profile size fan strong enough, this is it. Its supid how powerfull this is, its dangerous, such a small thing like this..
All together was 30 euros, Delta fans are really good..i want a strong one for the summer but not that strong, need to research better..maybe one like turbines, i bet delta have those and quite strong too..
Sorry for the fingerprint pic explosiv, but this time it was needed kkkkk
Be carefull with this things guys, i mean it. If you buy this, never but ever try to turn it on without hold it firmly in your hand or really straped to something, im serious.
See ya later
Peace

Well, that sucks!!

If it were me, I'd break off two more blades.

It looks like the fan had 9 blades, so if you break off two more, and make the breaks equal, it will remain balanced and not vibrate.

You could save it as a spare for an emergency if something else breaks.

I don't know what happened but I didn't get any of your posts lately.

I resubscribed to your thread. Let's hope I get notified.

PCBuds

You could also try to glue the blade back on.

You could use a drop of crazy glue to tack it back on, (it dries in seconds) then some epoxy glue to strengthen it.
Then add the same amount of epoxy to every third blade in the same spot, to maintain balance.

There's no harm in giving it a try.
You can practice your fabrication skills. Lol

Sampas92

Just newbin
You could also try to glue the blade back on.

You could use a drop of crazy glue to tack it back on, (it dries in seconds) then some epoxy glue to strengthen it.
Then add the same amount of epoxy to every third blade in the same spot, to maintain balance.

There's no harm in giving it a try.
You can practice your fabrication skills. Lol
No, i wont do that because Murphy law..
It spins alot, 5500rpm is not low, its really powerfull, i dont think the blade would be glued, but even if it didnt brake again, im not doing it.
I can broke more blades to equilibraye but still, this is only usable for larger grows, its too much for my grow size..
Maybe some error on icmag about not being subscribed..

PCBuds

I got this post to show up. Maybe I forgot to subscribe?

I think you should try to break off two more blades and try to make all three breaks equal.
It will reduce the airflow a bit too.

You don't have to run it at full snort, you can turn it down to whatever flow you want.

It looks like you bought the same power supply that I have.
One guy wrote in about it that it only lasted a month. He took it apart and found that the pcb inside was all burnt.
He was using it as an LED driver and may have had it cranked to its maximum.

Pulling 50 Watts from it might be asking too much from the power supply if it's running constantly.

It would suck if it fails, and your plants are roasted before you notice the failure.

PCBuds

I don't know what you have planned for your exhaust fan or if you're going to use a filter, but if you have the choice, it's good to put the fan after the filter so that clean air is going through the fan, so you don't get dust on the blades or inside the fan motor.

Sampas92

Just newbin
I don't know what you have planned for your exhaust fan or if you're going to use a filter, but if you have the choice, it's good to put the fan after the filter so that clean air is going through the fan, so you don't get dust on the blades or inside the fan motor.

I have on pc fan for exctact with a light trap for now and it works quite good honestly

Yeah the plan is to get the filter behind the fan.

PCBuds

This was my fan after my last grow. Lol

I took it apart and cleaned it, oiled it, and reinstalled it.

PCBuds

I just got through building my own air filter for the house.

That should help keep the dust down.

(Stupid cat, all her fur & dander & dirt & stuff. Lol)

PCBuds

Those are two speakers screwed together,

It would make an awesome grow cab lined with LED strips stuck to the walls.

PCBuds

It looks almost the same size of mine.

You could buy a bunch of cheap bulbs and take them apart and stick them to the interior walls of your homemade repurposed speakers.

You could even still use them as speakers.

I like to use my available resources.

My filter cost me nothing but a furnace filter to make.

I used the furnace duct fans that I bought 15 years ago. $15 each. One on each side. 45 Watts in total.

I used a coffee can for tubing.
It fit perfectly.

Sampas92

Just newbin
You could buy a bunch of cheap bulbs and take them apart and stick them to the interior walls of your homemade repurposed speakers.

You could even still use them as speakers.

I like to use my available resources.

My filter cost me nothing but a furnace filter to make.

I used the furnace duct fans that I bought 15 years ago. $15 each. One on each side. 45 Watts in total.

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/8CSC0WmK/20201216-171109.jpg]View Image[/url]

I used a coffee can for tubing.
It fit perfectly.

Im gonna diy the carbon filter with bodys off burned pcfans, low profile. But just if they get to flower, some examples here on icmag too.

PCBuds

Im gonna diy the carbon filter with bodys off burned pcfans, low profile. But just if they get to flower, some examples here on icmag too.

You can buy activated charcoal to make your own filter.
17CAD...

I use it to filter my wine.
I don't care if my house smells like a pot plant...
It's legal here. Lol

Sampas92

Just newbin
Today i changed my lights.
I turned on just 2 13.5w 1521lm philips above them, one for each, getting the same readings i was getting with lights on and good growth.
picture.php

The major difference is now is just one source of light for each with the same intensity as the others, but directly pointed at them. On the other design they where in the midle of 4 sources of light each, the same readings but the light is more dispersed instead of directed.
Now as they grow i need to have a double eye on them because the readings now increase much faster than the older design.
Now i save on electricity and manage the temps and the rh better.
The spectrum is 27k because since they are so little i want them to strech.
Praying to god phylips
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The yougster has a major development on the size of the leafs from yesterday to today..dunno if its because of the feed of added light..maybe should have raised light levels sooner or the feeding.
They didnt show any signs of didnt like more like, quite the opposite really
Dialin in

Sampas92

Just newbin
Any updates ??

Unfortanly yes..
The younger one is way worse it is stunted and with her age is a lost case..
The bigger one is still putting new growth but slowly and the problem that she has is moving fast..i know she has mag deficiency, the leafs told me that but the burned tip i cant manage to know what it is..maybe some lockout because of some deficiency or something like that..
I think i overfed them..
2 days ago i watered them with biogrow and in the next day the younger one was worse but the older one was better so that tells me that i overfed the both of them in different times i guess because the ph was always between 6 and 7, i didnt measure run off because i didnt have it, just one time and the ph was in the same range, about 6.5 more or less.
I also ordered a new ph meter and a ppm meter too..
Unfortanly both of them are lost cases, later i post pics.
But i think i will be starting a new seed in two or 3 days in the new taller cab..180x35x70cm..not very deep but i will manage it hopfully, just finishing some things and it will be good to go, also new soil and with sils too like this one.
I will start a new thread for it and hopefully it will not be a thread like this one full of pics with so beautiful plants but mistreated
Later
Peace

PCBuds

It sucks that nute burn and deficiency, which are opposites, kinda look the same.

Over and underwatering look similar as well.

I've had a hard time with both of those.

Latest posts

Latest posts