What's new

First time grower with SILS on micro grow

Sampas92

Just newbin
It sucks that nute burn and deficiency, which are opposites, kinda look the same.

Over and underwatering look similar as well.

I've had a hard time with both of those.
Dunno, maybe some lockout because of something
They are eating themselves and i fed them but they get worse..its fucked up.
Some pics of the misery. Its a shame and a waste of probably good plants on good hands..hoping the next go better
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Poor things
The older one is still putting new growth but its eating himself (i think?) regarthless..maybe the nute mix is too light i will make it stronger too see
I dunno about over or under water, the soil at the very top is dry but underneath is pretty moist, perlite is doin it good, maybe too good, some areas of the pot dont dry like others, maybe sign of less roots in that area uptaking water dunno, but in the srea wher is morr moist and dont properly dry some perlite stones formed alge, just 2 or 3 but itd there, i try to water just the dryest areas..
Crash & learn
See ya later guys
Peace

PCBuds

Yeah, they look hungry to me.

I was speaking generally about over and under watering.
The way the plant drops its leaves the same way if it's too wet or too dry.

Sampas92

Just newbin
Yeah, they look hungry to me.

I was speaking generally about over and under watering.
The way the plant drops its leaves the same way if it's too wet or too dry.
The leafs are not droped, they are curled, concave so to speak..they dont move mechanically. They are always like this, they dont pray like new growth and i know thats not good..but i dont really know if over or underwatering causes the leafs to become like this..
Yeah they look hungry indeed, but they get worse as i feed them, so or they are not hungry, or there is a lockout in any way because of i dont know what that dont let them uptake nutes..
Dunno maybe a bunch of different things

Sampas92

Just newbin
They seem to need Mg, and probably other elements too.
Iv been giving them cal mag, but when i feed them they are always worst in the next day..something is not roght here..
Anyway i lost my hopes on them but will keep them..
Thanks explosiv

Sampas92

Just newbin
Hi guys
Good news and bad news..
So, 2 days ago i got an aloe vera exctrat for my planta from biobizz, acti-vera.
Since the good properties that aloe has on our plants as you guys know, i started to foliar them with it on top of calmag. I added to the watering schedule too.
The younger one is stunted, why, dunno. Im letting her side of the pot dry a bit, and continue foliars but i dont have much hope..
The older is putting new growth, started to smell again and to my suprise it was praying, hard.
Some pics
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

As you can see the older one no longer has its first and second set of leafs.
The thing is they get worse when i feed them so something is off here, some lockout of any kind, maybe i missed ph some way..
i dont believe the soil is all depleted because some areas are way more wet than others, wich for my inexperienced ass shows lack of roots on that area.
The younger didnt get any more grow, just calmag and aloe, its difficult for me to look at that poor little thing
The older did get a bit of grow, with calmag and aloe
Ph 6.5+/-
Temps always 25 on cannopy but humidity is lacking a bit, days are pretty dry, sunny hotish days, strange for this time of the year and my humidifier corroded inside so its busted, back to hang wet towels again, i think im going to dry my washed clothes in there kkkkk
On the plus side im finishing my new "small" cab..just intake holes, some tests and lets pop some seeds of the same batch on new soil and pots and compare the misery kkk
See ya later
Peace

noknees

The thing is they get worse when i feed them so something is off here

do a lot less! those tiny plants need about 30% of the light they're getting, and likely little-to-none of the stuff you're adding.

get some affordable, easy to grow regular photo seeds and some beer cups. plop some of your BB light mix in, and do close to nothing (watering aside) until there's a reason for it!

if you go that route, and can keep yourself from loving your plants to death again, you can likely chase ONE problem at a time. that greatly facilitates learning and problem-solving, especially for a novice.

with relative ease, in a few weeks you should have some decent little plants to start thinking about sexing, topping, transplanting, etc.

K.I.S.S. :huggy:

Sampas92

Just newbin
do a lot less! those tiny plants need about 30% of the light they're getting, and likely little-to-none of the stuff you're adding.

get some affordable, easy to grow regular photo seeds and some beer cups. plop some of your BB light mix in, and do close to nothing (watering aside) until there's a reason for it!

if you go that route, and can keep yourself from loving your plants to death again, you can likely chase ONE problem at a time. that greatly facilitates learning and problem-solving, especially for a novice.

with relative ease, in a few weeks you should have some decent little plants to start thinking about sexing, topping, transplanting, etc.

K.I.S.S. :huggy:
Thanks for the input, uplifting, thank you.
For now i juat have one photoseed and i want to seed it in the next grow.
I will give them less light in the next grow, i still need to dial a lot of things, but a lot of people told me the same, love and worry less, well i always say, if im the only one saying it ij that way and no one else, im wrong.
Thanks ;)
Peace

Sampas92

Just newbin
Upgrade?

Upgrade?

Hi guys, hope that christmas was good in the best possible way and everybody is feeling good.
So i get a new cab..its not perfect, its not the best size, but it was free and since i dont have money to spend i need to work with what i have
So its already finished and running
It is 175cmx70x35
The older and the new one side by side
picture.php

The white strips are panda film copy glued with ductape and with velcro to make a light trap for the gaps
picture.php

The back of it was black and i gave it a little white spray to ease things out
picture.php

Continuing with the sick girls
picture.php

Scavenged the old grow for the elbows with pantyhose to keep mosquitos and etc out of the grow, 5x 4cm holes for intake to a 10cm hole exctrat, btw the fan works like a charm, i dont need another one i think. Also here i keep the heating cable to kind of warm the intake air and is where i hang the wet towels to raise humidity too
picture.php

The controller is on the front side of the cab, the cables are long enough..also all the other cables are on the backside of the cab and some on the top.
The room where the cab is at 15c and the cannopy readings are on 23c it keeps rising, dunno when it will stop because im testing on the go but it seems since its plastic and dont have any isolation that is not the best foe the winter
Hoping the next grow will be better with the regular pots and thats a question i have for you guys in the next post

Last edited:

Sampas92

Just newbin
So since i needed a new cab pots and soil and the money is limited i needed to make choices and since i get the cab i went and bought a 20l bag of biobizz lightmix soil and a 20l bag of biobizz allmiix (this one is more hot in nutes) and a 15l aeropot, still need to buy coco
Also i have 2 regular pots of 6.5l.
I have 2 questions for you guys
What pot should i use in the next grow?
picture.php

And, can use both soils in the same pot?the bottom with the hotter mix and the rest with the lighter mix?keep in mind ill be running autos so transplant is a no no

Sampas92

Just newbin
Sad update

Sad update

So now is the time for the sad update
The younger girl is really bad
It didnt grow for some days
picture.php

Im tempted to remove it from the pot
The other one seems to be better, it didnt eat itself much and the new growth is a good green but 2 days ago i feed her and she told me that i need to strat to use bloom and not the grow, less nitrogen. She is smeling also
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I keep the foliar with aloe and calmag every day and between that and discovered that my ph swings after some time and get it sorted it out, i think she is better, the stalk is thicker but its hard, very hard, dunno if it should be that hard, it bends, but i feel if i push it a little bit more it will break.
So this is it guys, the latest misery kkkkkk
See ya later
Peace

bs0

Your plants need far less help than you are giving them. Too much light too much care. Small plants like that just use small light small dome only water once per day. No foliar spray, no fertilizer stronger than 10% recommended concentration. They will grow if you let them.

PCBuds

And, can use both soils in the same pot?the bottom with the hotter mix and the rest with the lighter mix?keep in mind ill be running autos so transplant is a no no

I say perlite, don't forget the perlite.

It lightens aeriates the soil.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you considered trying regular seeds?

Autos have a relatively small window in terms of initial growth/feeding/transplanting during which time growth needs to be maximized. The smallest thing wrong can affect the whole grow as you're seeing.

I have 2 auto bastards going. These were my first attempts at autos in over 10 years. I got lucky with the first one and the 3" container to 6" container to 3 gal container transplants worked good and that plant is big and getting bigger. The other one, I wasn't so lucky and timing wasn't correct and it didn't make it past the 6" container. The difference in yield between the two is going to be night and day, and that was all due to the timing of transplanting.

You're still in the learning phase, and I believe regular seeds would give you more flexibility/opportunities for learning/making mistakes/fixing things, instead of trying to get everything correct in a small window of time.

Sampas92

Just newbin
Have you considered trying regular seeds?

Autos have a relatively small window in terms of initial growth/feeding/transplanting during which time growth needs to be maximized. The smallest thing wrong can affect the whole grow as you're seeing.

I have 2 auto bastards going. These were my first attempts at autos in over 10 years. I got lucky with the first one and the 3" container to 6" container to 3 gal container transplants worked good and that plant is big and getting bigger. The other one, I wasn't so lucky and timing wasn't correct and it didn't make it past the 6" container. The difference in yield between the two is going to be night and day, and that was all due to the timing of transplanting.

You're still in the learning phase, and I believe regular seeds would give you more flexibility/opportunities for learning/making mistakes/fixing things, instead of trying to get everything correct in a small window of time.
Hi blynx, thanks for stoping by.
Indeed i would be better with regular seeds blynx, in every aspect of it, but i only have auto seeds and i dont have €conomical means to buy more for now, so i need to get the best i can with what i have for the good and the bad..
The thing i was thinking is, since now i have proper pots for proper root development, if i get carefully with watering in the first days, i guess as the roots develops to the bottom and side of the pot reaching the hotter soil in the second or third week or so, i guess if i just keep my ph right and my calmag ready to use because of leds, i would be good for that small window that you talk about.
The lighter soil has nutes for the first 2 weeks.
I decided to go with the smaller pots (6.5l), drill holes on the sides for better aereation, my only doubt is if theres any chance of them burning because of the hotter soil in the bottom part of the pot, i guess it will depend how much hotter soil i use and how fast she will reach it??
Thanks blynx

Sampas92

Just newbin
Hi guys
So second day growing in the new cab
It runs colder, specially at lights off.
22c lights on, 15c lights off. i want it a little bit warmer on the 25c and not so cold on night time, maybe 20c, so i need to work on that.
The heat cable is not enough, i will try another displacemente before thinking in a solution, she dont smell so much now on colder temperatures
The older one is like this on 35 days, poor little thing
picture.php

picture.php

Shes is always praying now, speacially the new grow, seems streching in direction of the light, it dont show on the pics because i was touching the leafs, i have a litrle bit lower levels of light in this cab at this distance from the lights, 15k lux now when it was 18k
picture.php

picture.php

The younger one continues kinda stunted, the new growth seems bigger and the green is good
picture.php

already thinking on my next grow, just need to adress the heat problem
See ya later guys and good grows
Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts