What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time grower with SILS on micro grow

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I do my grows in wood frame with panda film sides. If it doesn't need to be pretty from the outside that's a pretty cheap way to do a custom size "tent".

Sampas92

Just newbin
I do my grows in wood frame with panda film sides. If it doesn't need to be pretty from the outside that's a pretty cheap way to do a custom size "tent".
I know, been seing alot of diy low budget "tents" like this..
I want to put it in the cab with a difference of 1 to 2 cm max on all sides to create separation between the film and the cab and hopefully isolate the grow better because of that gap being heated by the grow, wich should help maintain temps on the grow more stable..
Need to start a thread on the growroom sub forum
And you dont find the wooded frame sucking the humidity and roting?or the fram is on exterior of the grow?

PCBuds

I think that you are overthinking it and it's slowing you down.

Throw something together and see if it works.
If not, make adjustments.

A timber frame tent would take years to rot away, even if you sprayed the wood down daily.

Keep the wood in the outside.

Panda Film isn't a screen. It will hold your environment inside.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I put it on the inside and I never had a problem except colour changes from light and maybe humidity. I think it can last up to 10 years and maybe even over 10 years without problem (except maybe some light warping, but i never seen any noticeable changes).
I test my frames by jumping from one cross beam to the other and they still passed the test after years of use and also disasembling and reasembling.

Sampas92

Just newbin
So lets update
They still show new growth, both Mary and Jane
The diference in pictures is noticeable, faster or slower, they shal grow kkkk
The tip of the leafs on Mary get tottaly burned but it didnt progress, just the initial affected part kind of died, should i cut that part and leave the rest of the leaf?its dead tissue anyway??
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Could a foliar be too hot in nutes such has calmag, and having droplets suspended on the leaf until it dry's could have cause this? I think i mix the first foliar i gave her too hot..could it be?not the paliness but the burn or necrosisbof the leaf since its just happened before that..

Sampas92

Just newbin
Jane like always doin its thing
I didnt take a picture but she was praying too..so hard in fact that she curled up one of the leafs, the other dont.i did put the leaf on its original position curled down
No nute burn signs just that palish tip..but it was already there and its not getting worse..
The groeth between yesterday and today is also noticeable.
She's not wilting, she is pointing the strongest part of ligth in the cab
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I watered both with 50ml on each of just water since the soil is a bit moist.

Thanks for the sugestion guys, im thinking about it and im gona make it simple. Working on it, just waiting some €€ :D

See ya later
Peace

Sampas92

Just newbin
Hi guys, today i dont work so i can be with my girl along the day and to my suprise, when i oppened the grow a sweet smell of weed came to my nose, its Mary the older one..
Like always from yesterday to today both of them show growth
Mary
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The new growth keep coming and looks healthy i think appart the palish patterns that supose to be variegation..his sister doesnt show the same thing

Sampas92

Just newbin
picture.php

The side branching is starting to grow
Jane on the other end is comming nicely, no palish colours, good growth i think in my inexpirenced mind and a good green colour
picture.php

picture.php

Some pictures from yesterday 20mnts before lights go out where you can see her praying even with the leafs curled down, and clearly see the difference in growth between the 2 days..
picture.php

picture.php

Today im gonna water them with plain water, i fill since the pot is shallow and long its not depleted yet because i think the roots doesnt fill the pot yet but i gave them a light nute foliar of calmag and biogrow, also i spray less to droplets of water dont form on the tip of the leafs
See ya later guys
Peace

Sampas92

Just newbin
And i turned off the circulation fan inside the grow, i cant keep temps and humi in check with it on..i want them to get wind on them to get stronger stalks but i think at this stage i preffer the temp and humi on point..till i find a place for the fan for them to get the wind without the grow reaches 28c inside and 54 rh

Sampas92

Just newbin
15 mnts after the foliar i smell her outside the grow, i like it :D:D:dance::plant grow:
But she is sad, now its leafs are down because of it, i dont care you dont like it, you need it.

Sampas92

Just newbin
Hi guys
So in an hour the lights will go off
Today i gave them 6 foliars tottal of calmag and biogrow, light, not to much spraying to avoid suspended droplets at the tip of the leaf
Plus since the burning on the leafs didnt progressed i cut the damaged part and leave the healthy one, i guess since that part is dead anyways it may not stress her?
Some pics and not of my fingerprints thid time kkkk
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sampas92

Just newbin
Jane like always, doin its thing.
I water them now with 250ml of phed botrled water mixed with bactohemp, nothing else
picture.php

picture.php

The 2nd node has is leafs well defined and i can see the 3rd node starting to grow.
Plus overall good health innevery departments also no signs of variegation like her sister
I know that we should do changes when things are good, but since they are not fast growers, i ask, should i, at some point of their life, get them closer to the lights?i say this because the shalow pot makes them grow flatter and not so taller so they cant reach the light they need as the growth stages evolves..guess since they dont stretch for light is because they have what they need..or they can have slow growth without stretch with low light intensity?
Guess im gonna leave it has it is right now
See ya later guys
Peace

Sampas92

Just newbin
Oh boy its fucked

Oh boy its fucked

Hi guys, hope everything running smooth for you
It is not for me, why?
So, when i was rebuilding my cab the older exctrat pc fan delivers itself to its maker and it was gone, with smoke too, fantastic, so i buyed a new one, searched for a good pc fan with good static pressure and cfm and that was it..but after some tests i came to the conclusion that in future summers it will be tuff to exctrat the heat, on winter is great, temps are in check so i went to ali express and buy this
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It doesnt say but the fan reaches 50w. The power adapter is 12v 5amps so its fine with the 4 pin dc adaptor..
Since everything came from china it takes long time, today the last thing arrived, the adaptor, GREAT, lets see this beast in action
Did you ever see a pcfan on steroids?no, better yet, are you seeing the liquid that made captain america what he is in the movie?is that shit, this fan was made with it and i guess steroids was given to it after.
I plug it in, 12.5v and ........ladies and gentleman we have take off, we hope the journey to the moon to be pleasent.
THIS SHIT IS strong, you cant imagine..its like a vacuum, im not kidding.are you seeing the strongest pc fan you ever seen?ps3 with all the fans on max?forget that, this shit put out so much wind, god it could cool my living room, it is no use to our purpose. At leats in my micro cab..even in the lowest voltage before it stops, i could only stack it on top of a weaker fan and with the hygrostat turn it on to exctrat heat or humidity quickly, very quickly in an emergency
So my stupid hight brain let me put the fan on the floor standing and turn that beast on max power to see if it moves alone..
Boy im stupid, i am really, are you seeing a loose hose like in the cartoons?it was this fan
It gained proper life..
So bad that i broke it trying to catch it
Better yet i show you
Next post

Last edited:

Sampas92

Just newbin
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It even cut one of the cables, the yellow one..guys not kidding if you want a low profile size fan strong enough, this is it. Its supid how powerfull this is, its dangerous, such a small thing like this..
All together was 30 euros, Delta fans are really good..i want a strong one for the summer but not that strong, need to research better..maybe one like turbines, i bet delta have those and quite strong too..
Sorry for the fingerprint pic explosiv, but this time it was needed kkkkk
Be carefull with this things guys, i mean it. If you buy this, never but ever try to turn it on without hold it firmly in your hand or really straped to something, im serious.
See ya later
Peace

Last edited:

Sampas92

Just newbin
Also today i made a new foliar light mix of calmag and grow phed, in the pic the colours might be not so real but its between 6.5 and 7
picture.php

Strangelly after i cutted the damage part of the leafs they strated with the same thing again, i guess its the foliat in somekind of way..
picture.php

picture.php

But still show growth
picture.php

Jane is doing what it does best, its thing
picture.php

Overall, i think after the stress they are healthy, look healthy, i guess
See ya later guys
Peace

Last edited:

Sampas92

Just newbin
Im gonna stop with the foliars with biogrow..i think is burning my girls..for the next 2 days it will be just water foliar, maybe a little bit with calmag..for now on im just gonna feed it if she needs it.

Last edited:

Sampas92

Just newbin
So in the middle of the day, while i was getting cut off by the phsyco fan i added a more powerfull sil in the middle of the grow..
Now i have it like this 0....x.....0
All of them are turned on and the x one is a philips 13.5 1521lm 27k cap off
The temps remains in check and the rh too..
Also i get a new spot for the circulation fan, pushing air against the wall, it creates kind of a current with a 8 shape the fan pushing in the middle of the pot..the breeze in them is good..
The readings on mary are 13k lux
Jane are 10k because i moved the pot
I decided to stop the foliar with calmag and biogrow, i think i can be the coulprit of the burned leafs.
Im goin to feed them when they show they need
Mary
She was praying, new growth seems healthy, she is a little bit more thicker
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sampas92

Just newbin
Jane like always, doin it thing
Healthy grow, but one of the tips is worse because as i said earlier, the hot mix foliars
picture.php

picture.php

Both of them in this +/- 6h with increased light levels reacted very well, didnt stress at all, i think they like it.
Im going to see the how things develop tomorrow and decide if its good for now, bad, or if i can add another 13.5w sil.
See you later guys
Peace